Video Of Zr1 Getting Nudged Out By Van

1320jon

Irregardless.. of the defending of the 80k sports car..um.. you got pwned by a van...HARD

I am quite sure he is hoping no one took video of his loss.. My opinion is if you own a car like that you best know how to drive it. No matter what anyone says what the Zr1 will do.. it didn't do it.

The Van is moving out great and is just amazing considering the weight and it's basically like throwing a box at a fan... it's not intended to be wind friendly... hah

Great work Jon

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Irregardless.. of the defending of the 80k sports car..um.. you got pwned by a van...HARD

I am quite sure he is hoping no one took video of his loss.. My opinion is if you own a car like that you best know how to drive it. No matter what anyone says what the Zr1 will do.. it didn't do it.

The Van is moving out great and is just amazing considering the weight and it's basically like throwing a box at a fan... it's not intended to be wind friendly... hah

Great work Jon

the ZR1 is alot faster than 13s period

Great work Jon

The ZR1 is not $80K.... More like $130K

One thread got closd on ls1 tech.....that just erks me. The funny part is everyone that thinks the vette is faster.......even so, it wasnt on that pass, and whats to say that the next time the van wont be faster? I have a boost controller on teh spring still, all the zr1 had is hopes.

Next time he may need at least a 12.0 ......coupled with a slightly better light.

good run.

He did brake b4 the line...The vette driver IMO was not too good. I love AWD, I can beat vettes out of the hole hard! just need the turbo to keep them out. I was looking at a van like that, is like an SSS in a VAn suit.

Nice ride, welcome to the site.

I was out there that night. The weather for racing was beyond terrible. The ZR1 of course is much quicker than the van on a better track and with a better driver. He sure didn't bring much to the table that pass. All of his runs were embarrassing that night. This video will be around for years like the 4 cylinder turbo van beating the Z28. Good run John.

Thanks, Zippy,your exactly right. Conditions just suck. I met the zr1 drivers brother last night. Its od, I was just telling someone how all young men rub me the wrong way. They all dress like gangster thugs etc etc....but the zr1 driver Patrick and his brother Chris give our society hope. Well spoken polite men, that definately seem to work for and deserve the things they get, more then most.

Last night, low 13's all night for the van. Everyone was running really slow again.....da in the 5500+ area.

Zr1's run around 11.50's at our track weather permitting. There's two guy's with them one had the sticker on it that said $108000. The van is a cool sleeper and it can bring the kids to soccer practice or throw a mattress in the back and take care of the vettes girlfriend. LOL Nice job :thumbs:

My thought process is like 1320jon. Assuming I had the $, I'd take an unassuming vehicle and beat the shite out of high end, high $, high perf vehicles. I love the sleeper mentality. I don't see any reason to get all twisted up about it. At the core, a lot of people on this forum are doing the same thing. I've read countless stories on here where SSS's reported kills on high end sports cars that thought they were dealing with just a "pickup truck". Its just different strokes for different folks. Its all good! :cheers: