Front End Rebuilds

how many of you have had your front differentials rebuilt, and also have the low speed GROWL..

i Finley got a service rep and 2 tec to state the low speed growl IS NOT NORMAL.. :thumbs: spent a good part of 7 hrs. yesterday at the dealer. mine sounds like it was coming from the right wheel hub, but it is coming more from the center, hung 2 microphones under the truck.

long story short..GM engineers were on the phone with the tec's for quite some time to figure things out. the engineers have no answered at this time. BUT they started a claim file on it after the service rep came up with about 6 pages of warranty repairs of another SSs they had there, and was referred to other dealers to compare if any of them can fit it. and compare what has been done to mine.

so could everyone who has had their front ends rebuilt or needs to be, or no issues yet PLEASE post...

year

mileage

what had to be replaced

was it covered under warranty

did you sell after /before

and if you know of any former members who had issues

who has the growl

THANK ALL... :thumbs:

................................................................................

mine 03

millage- 190

replaced hole front assembly

under warranty

have the growl

:seeya:

how many of you have had your front differentials rebuilt, and also have the low speed GROWL..

i Finley got a service rep and 2 tec to state the low speed growl IS NOT NORMAL.. :thumbs: spent a good part of 7 hrs. yesterday at the dealer. mine sounds like it was coming from the right wheel hub, but it is coming more from the center, hung 2 microphones under the truck.

long story short..GM engineers were on the phone with the tec's for quite some time to figure things out. the engineers have no answered at this time. BUT they started a claim file on it after the service rep came up with about 6 pages of warranty repairs of another SSs they had there, and was referred to other dealers to compare if any of them can fit it. and compare what has been done to mine.

so could everyone who has had their front ends rebuilt or needs to be, or no issues yet PLEASE post...

year

mileage

what had to be replaced

was it covered under warranty

did you sell after /before

and if you know of any former members who had issues

who has the growl

THANK ALL... :thumbs:

................................................................................

mine 03

millage- 190

replaced hole front assembly

under warranty

have the growl

yeah just bought my trcuk from a used car lot as i was dirivng off the lot only on accelaration i heard the growling that your talkin bout, asked the salesmen and he said they all do that, i knew somethin wasnt right, carrier bearing and pinion out in the front differential... thats what it sounds like to me especially if its an AWD!!

04 victory red

no warranty

carrier bearing and pinion

Mine just did. I had gmperformanceguy aka ben rebuild it. It was the worst one that he has ever seen there wasn't much fluid left either. And boy did and still does stink. The interior 3 weeks later still has a faint smell when the truck sits for a while

112k miles

No warrenty

Everything!!!

Had a growl, for not that long and BOOM!!!!

I have had tons of work done at the dealer for all sorts of stuff. They could look it up. And the list of stuff I have had to fix and replace is endless. But I too have that growl and need it fixed along with the gauge cluster and some a/c stuff. It would be nice if the dealer could do it.

65k miles

No Warranty

I have had tons of work done at the dealer for all sorts of stuff. They could look it up. And the list of stuff I have had to fix and replace is endless. But I too have that growl and need it fixed along with the gauge cluster and some a/c stuff. It would be nice if the dealer could do it.

65k miles

No Warranty

what all was replaced if you can remember..

also... gauge cluster from what i was told yesterday, has been upped to 8 yrs now for replacement..

thanks

Bought mine used and noticed the growling noise. Drivers side carrier bearing shot. They wouldn't replace it but they gave me a good deal on a warranty from a off brand company. I waited a month and made a claim. The only thing about these warranties is the fine print, (replace with like new parts). They wanted to give me a used diff that had 60,000 miles on it. The used diff was 1100.00. So I just took what they were willing to pay and paid the difference for a Jasper front diff. Still going strong.

90,000 miles

no warranty

what all was replaced if you can remember..

also... gauge cluster from what i was told yesterday, has been upped to 8 yrs now for replacement..

thanks

Heated seats stopped working, pass side mirror and defrost, trans twice at the dealer, looked at an obviously leaking rear diff and couldn't find anything :idiot: , steering wheel controls stopped working, a pillars, and I know there is more but I can't remember right now.

Mine was making noise so I replaced it with a used front diff from a salvaged '04 SSS.

I know that CoolBlueSS had his done when his truck was brand new - he's a parts man for a large GM dealer here in the DFW area.

I am sure if you use Google search on this site you will find lots of warranty failed front diffs; seems that at least half of the trucks went through this. What made me mad is that in mid-2006 GM quit offering/selling replacement front axle assemblies, at the time you could buy a brand new 2005 NOS front axle for $600, now we have to get our existing one rebuilt for $1300+. :mad:

Mr. P.

• 2 weeks later...