MID CONTINENT SS RALLY II

I got time off the wife said it was okay so I'm comin down.

Just me, I have a room at the cambridge suites $69.00 per night, sometime Friday

no mods right now

Yes will run at track

Maybe if anyone else is

Group photo of all our trucks and owners.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am going with Zippy hopefully in a supercharged Camaro. We are lettin the boss(my girlfriend Lynda) handle reservations. As for racing maybe he will let me run the Camaro. Also we should have a great time making fun of each other. :cheers:

BTW for the car show...well I am not driving anything but I have a car show girl if that counts...will it be hot down there? :D

I am going with Zippy hopefully in a supercharged Camaro. We are lettin the boss(my girlfriend Lynda) handle reservations. As for racing maybe he will let me run the Camaro. Also we should have a great time making fun of each other. :cheers:

BTW for the car show...well I am not driving anything but I have a car show girl if that counts...will it be hot down there? :D

only if you buy a dress and a new bathing suit for her :lol: and i am not scared of a sc camaro :crazy:

Well, I know I'm new but am entertaining coming out. I need help with one thing though - when using MapPoint to estimate driving time, do I put in "95" or "100" for average driving speed??

Mr. P. :)

Well, I know I'm new but am entertaining coming out. I need help with one thing though - when using MapPoint to estimate driving time, do I put in "95" or "100" for average driving speed??

Mr. P. :)

110 mph...that takes into account that on the highway you will be doing 130+mph and approx 75-80 on city streets.

misterp, you sound like your going to fit right in with this bunch.

You should check with some of the other guys coming up from texas; there are several. Maybe you could drive up with them. Hope to see you here. Make sure you enter your info if you plan on attending.

An update on the Dynatech guys. As of now the rep is not going to be able to make the meet; this may change but probably not. Dynatech will be sending one of their Supermax systems for us to examine and install (on my truck ryan).

For those of you that have been cosidering doing some mods to your truck but have been leery of doing it yourself there are many mods being done at the meet so you can see how it's done. Here's a partial list.

1. shift kits

2. Torque converter

3. Supermax headers/cats

4. e-fans and Allens pcm controler

5. custom tunes

6. volant install

7. spray in bed liner

8. Truxedo truck lid

We will have the Supermax system on display as well as SS roll pans.

If you have a part you want to install bring it with you. I'd really like to see the Mcnaughys kit installed.

See you next week :cheers:

Track info: The local 1/4 mile track is open Fri, Sat and Sun. It opens at 5 pm Friday and 11 am Sat.

The current plan is to run with everyone else Frday night and we can do the same thing Sat. The time trials usually start Sat. about 1 pm or so but we can run as a club staring at 11 before anyone else hit the track.

This will cost us $400 for the group or our normal entry fee whichever is higher. The normal entry is $25 for all day ($20 Fri. night). With the expected turnout of over 20 vehicles it should be no more than our normal entry fee. That entry fee is for all day so we can run just among ourselves, then race all night if we want.

Let me know ASAP if this is something we all want to do. I figured it was so I already reserved the track, but I can still cancel if we don't have enough participation. Plan on leaving the shop around 10 am or so and we'll get there well before 11. Just PM me with an I'm in so I can get a good count.

Thanks,

Bob

Track info: The local 1/4 mile track is open Fri, Sat and Sun. It opens at 5 pm Friday and 11 am Sat.

The current plan is to run with everyone else Frday night and we can do the same thing Sat. The time trials usually start Sat. about 1 pm or so but we can run as a club staring at 11 before anyone else hit the track.

This will cost us $400 for the group or our normal entry fee whichever is higher. The normal entry is $25 for all day ($20 Fri. night). With the expected turnout of over 20 vehicles it should be no more than our normal entry fee. That entry fee is for all day so we can run just among ourselves, then race all night if we want.

Let me know ASAP if this is something we all want to do. I figured it was so I already reserved the track, but I can still cancel if we don't have enough participation. Plan on leaving the shop around 10 am or so and we'll get there well before 11. Just PM me with an I'm in so I can get a good count.

Thanks,

Bob

I'm running at the track Friday night, but I won't be able to Sat morning...

At this point, I'm 95% sure I'll be there!

1. Me, myself and I.

2. Arriving Thursday, say 3ish.

3. Mods: Flex-A-Lite kit from Nelson (hopefully they are ready to go!), and Truxedo low-profile cover (from BSER)

4. Track - I'll go if everyone else is going :jester:

5. Probably not entering truck, unless their is a prize for most bugs guts from the trip down.

6. Suggestions: i think we are all going to end up playing it by ear and let the good times roll :thumbs:

Hi SSm.

can't wait to see you guys there. we're you referring to the fan kit relay i have or the entire flex fans?

I have two options for you, one is a two relay setup, the other is a three relay setup.

The first one will power on fan one when the engine warms up , the other fan comes on when the a/c is turned on. this is a nice simple setup.

the other option does this: when the engine gets to a certain temp, both fans turn on low, then when the a/c is turned on, both fans go on high. if the a/c is turned on and the engine isn't warm enough, only one fan is on high until the engine gets warm enough to trigger the other relay, then both fans are on high.

both setups keep the engine and a/c cool. i've proven both on several trucks

see you there,

allen

1. Just me attending

2. As soon as allen can be there I will be there to get my tune done. I don’t think that I will be able to stay for the whole weekend but I will make it for part of the first day so I can get my tune.

3. Nelson custom tune

4. If you've got the track...I'll use it definately

5. Will you be entering the car show? No.

6. No suggestions that I can think of....

See you there J4Nash, I'll have my tuning and flashing equipment with me.

later,

allen

1. Number attending and where you are staying

Two of us, me and a buddy. He's a Mopar freak, but I recently went to "diversity" training, so I guess it's ok. :jester:Staying at the Old Town.

2. When you are arriving (some are showing as early as thursday)

We will be arriving late Friday night...

3. If you are planning mods what are they

Updating my existing Nelson tune w/hands on by Allen

4. Will you be running your truck at the track

Yup!!!

5. Will you be entering the car show

Nope.

6. Any suggestion you may have to make this an event to remember.

Raffle for a free Supercharger! (preferably Radix!) :D

see you there novanet!! it'll be nice to meet you.

allen

Archived