Z06 Brake Conversion

rudy91040

yeah we got rotors calipers custom brake lines pads, etc etc

Does anyone know where I can get Z06 pads without the pins? I don't need or want race pads either.

yeah you can get the GM/ACDelco pad sets (they do come with pins tho... but if your buying a new set of calipers 90% of the time GM stopped including the pics so... youll need them) OR you can get some Hawk pads (what we run on EVERYTHING), they come in HPS (a sport, hard biting, quick heating pad with street manners) or the ceramic Hawk pads which are like OE pads (less bite, less dust, NO noise). from that comment id think youd like the Hawk Ceramics

John

yeah we got rotors calipers custom brake lines pads, etc etc

yeah you can get the GM/ACDelco pad sets (they do come with pins tho... but if your buying a new set of calipers 90% of the time GM stopped including the pics so... youll need them) OR you can get some Hawk pads (what we run on EVERYTHING), they come in HPS (a sport, hard biting, quick heating pad with street manners) or the ceramic Hawk pads which are like OE pads (less bite, less dust, NO noise). from that comment id think youd like the Hawk Ceramics

John

what's your price on the z06 calipers and baer rotors? tks fred7wsm

• 3 months later...

So this question was asked in the begining of this thread with no answer..so after a few years later lol, does anyone know if the gen2 CTS-V 6 piston calipers with work with these brackets? Rudy, I'm interested in brackets, do you have any left? Thanks.

Fronts are gone at the moment. Plan on making another run when I get back into town.

Its been a while since I looked into this but as far as the 2nd gen CTS-V calipers go, I remember this. The Brembos on the new Camaro SS and 2nd gen CTS-Vare very similar if not the same, except for the mount holes being slightly different sizes. It is my opinion that to make those calipers work with our spindles would require a lot of work. Is it possible? Yes. Nothing is impossible if you really wanted to do it, but I think there are much better options available. The mounting holes on those calipers are way closer to the axle centerline and with the offset of the Silverado rotors, it puts the mounting surface of the caliper in a bad spot.

• 2 weeks later...

So just an update for anyone interested. The billet blocks are at the machine shop being machined as I type this. Should be done some time this week. Then they are of to get coated. Not sure how busy they are or what turn around is going to be but I would guess no more than a week.

All ready have the Z06 brakes on my truck & do like them. But what would make me really happy is if there is a modification that could be done to the front bracket to get 100% brake pad contact! Would be willing to buy another set of brackets if that could be done.

Question?

Can I used blue Z06 calipers instead the red ones with the bracket that you make.

AcDelco part # 172-2490 or GM part # 25923822 RH

AcDelco part # 172-2489 or GM part # 25923821 LH

Would you please elt me know. Thanks, Oscar.

Edited by Magic Wheels (see edit history)

Question?

Can I used blue Z06 calipers instead the red ones with the bracket that you make.

AcDelco part # 172-2490 or GM part # 25923822 RH

AcDelco part # 172-2489 or GM part # 25923821 LH

Would you please elt me know. Thanks, Oscar.

These will not work as they are ZR1 calipers, not Z06. They won't bolt up. Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)