For Sale Post Limit And Time Limit

sprayed99

Question

I as many others on the forum are getting sick and tired of noobs signing up just to post stuff for sale. I think we need to add a lock to every new user and any user that has less than a certain number of posts to have a bit more protection for our long term contributing members.

My Idea would be you must be on the forum 6 months and have over 100 posts before you can start a new thread in the for sale section/s.

AND you must be on the forum 30 days and have 20 posts before you can make a post in the for sale section. This will limit the wasted time of noobs and also build a bit more trust amoungst buyers and sellers here.

come on guys lets here your thoughts and Admin I hope you take this into consideration.

i like the idea danny, but i don't know if i would go to such an extreme. If i was a new guy and came on here to mod my truck, the first place i'd go is the for sale section to stock up on parts. I think your right, we are getting some guys coming on here just to sell stuff, but on the flip side...if i can get a deal on a set of heads, cam, intake, whatever....is it a bad thing.

I think a 100 posts is a little high, it took me forever to get to 100 because i didn't want to open my mouth(no smart comments about i still should), so maybe a 25 post limit before you can start a topic in the for sale section but you can post there right away?

Brad

i like the idea danny, but i don't know if i would go to such an extreme. If i was a new guy and came on here to mod my truck, the first place i'd go is the for sale section to stock up on parts. I think your right, we are getting some guys coming on here just to sell stuff, but on the flip side...if i can get a deal on a set of heads, cam, intake, whatever....is it a bad thing.

I think a 100 posts is a little high, it took me forever to get to 100 because i didn't want to open my mouth(no smart comments about i still should), so maybe a 25 post limit before you can start a topic in the for sale section but you can post there right away?

Brad

Well I would say a minimum of 50 posts and 3 months to post items for sale.... and I'm standing firm on the 30 days and 20 posts to buy.... It does a few different things... More protection for everyone and it increases the activity on the site. Not to mention every other large truck forum is that way... PT.net, ls1truck, gmfullsize, and even some of the smaller sites.

I hate to say it but this place is totally dead and its kinda driving me nuts... back 3-4 years ago the place was full of new posts and things were much much more active.

Also the trader rating that was bumped from the dead is a absolute must. I work hard to be a 100% honest and open seller and buyer... I want people to know that so that they feel 100% comfortable before sending me $$ and the same in reverse... The verteran members here know me and know they can trust me, but having that in a feedback form with a small comment section can really weed out the bad from the good.

Edited by Sprayed99 (see edit history)

Well I would say a minimum of 50 posts and 3 months to post items for sale.... and I'm standing firm on the 30 days and 20 posts to buy.... It does a few different things... More protection for everyone and it increases the activity on the site. Not to mention every other large truck forum is that way... PT.net, ls1truck, gmfullsize, and even some of the smaller sites.

I hate to say it but this place is totally dead and its kinda driving me nuts... back 3-4 years ago the place was full of new posts and things were much much more active.

Also the trader rating that was bumped from the dead is a absolute must. I work hard to be a 100% honest and open seller and buyer... I want people to know that so that they feel 100% comfortable before sending me $$ and the same in reverse... The verteran members here know me and know they can trust me, but having that in a feedback form with a small comment section can really weed out the bad from the good.

I agree with you on this one. A trader rating would be a nice since of security for buyers

Like I said I have talked to a lot of the members here on the forum, or have met them in person.... Hell I think a couple dozen have come from out of state and stayed at my house over the last 4-5 years. Helped multiple people with their projects and have had mulitple peole lend a hand with my projects.... This kind of thing needs to be known by everyone that is on this forum so we all know who we are dealing with....

I don't have an issue with having requirements around time/posts, but you should also make an exception for anyone that has become a supporting member. Being new to both the SSS & the forum it could take some time to get to meet the requirements. Personally I value the knowledge that is out there and felt paying for a subscription had great value, much more than I can contribute at this point. just my $.02

I don't have an issue with having requirements around time/posts, but you should also make an exception for anyone that has become a supporting member. Being new to both the SSS & the forum it could take some time to get to meet the requirements. Personally I value the knowledge that is out there and felt paying for a subscription had great value, much more than I can contribute at this point. just my $.02

Yes I agree to a certain point. You shoud be allowed to view the entire for sale forum and make post to purchase or inquire about item/s, but I still think the thread lock should be there until you reach the post count and the time. Not to say the site doesn't appreciate your contribution of funds, but so you prove to the members here that your are trustworthy, a contributer (not just knowledge based), and that you understand fully how the forum works. no offense but you sent your money to the owners of this site... not to the members so being a supporting member is just a title under your name showing you paid to support the site and have access to gasoline alley. this does nothing for credibility which unfortunately these days takes time on these forums. Many of my closest friends I have met off of this very forum and if I didn't have a good reputation and I didn't contribute to this forum I would have never met those people because it all started with a gathering or me helping them with their project or them trusting me to supply a part or product to help them finish their goals. This isn't going to happen so much over those 30 days and 50 posts but at least we will see you want to be here and learn and contribute.

Again this is all just my opinion and I have a feeling this is going to fall on deaf ears based on the past threads about this or things similar.

I agree with the thought that their should be a limit to how many posts and time you've been around the sight before you can post to eliminate some of the people who don't necessarily know what they're talking about. after all not that long ago some random guy posted his single cab clone claiming it had 600+hp with just a tune...really..? but at the same time I think that number of posts required should be a little lenient being that it does take some time to accumulate posts since most new members are probably scared to ask questions. although they shouldn't be since many of the members on here are VERY helpful and knowledgable. I know for a fact that since joining the site a few months ago I have 100x more insight on these trucks than what I used to. although at times the good ol fashion google on the Internet machine works just as good when you have a question or wonder what something is :jester:

I agree with the thought that their should be a limit to how many posts and time you've been around the sight before you can post to eliminate some of the people who don't necessarily know what they're talking about. after all not that long ago some random guy posted his single cab clone claiming it had 600+hp with just a tune...really..? but at the same time I think that number of posts required should be a little lenient being that it does take some time to accumulate posts since most new members are probably scared to ask questions. although they shouldn't be since many of the members on here are VERY helpful and knowledgable. I know for a fact that since joining the site a few months ago I have 100x more insight on these trucks than what I used to. although at times the good ol fashion google on the Internet machine works just as good when you have a question or wonder what something is :jester:

2 more and you are good to go... No I'm just messing with you , and thank you for bringing that thread up... That is a perfect example of the stupid stuff we have to deal with constantly. I will say go look in the sale sections of the other forums I mentioned and also look at their rules... We need to start looking out for the members here and also enforcing more guidelines to clean the crap up. the for sale rules need to be a sticky at

the very top of the section so there is no digging to find it... Out in plain sight!

2 more and you are good to go... No I'm just messing with you , and thank you for bringing that thread up... That is a perfect example of the stupid stuff we have to deal with constantly. I will say go look in the sale sections of the other forums I mentioned and also look at their rules... We need to start looking out for the members here and also enforcing more guidelines to clean the crap up. the for sale rules need to be a sticky at

the very top of the section so there is no digging to find it... Out in plain sight!

well then let's see if I can't knock them out in thus thread haha.. but yea I'm not a veteran to this sight by any means and I can barely stand some of the BS I see on here so I'm all for it. agreed on the guidelines and the sticky up top so there's no avoiding it.

I as many others on the forum are getting sick and tired of noobs signing up just to post stuff for sale. I think we need to add a lock to every new user and any user that has less than a certain number of posts to have a bit more protection for our long term contributing members.

My Idea would be you must be on the forum 6 months and have over 100 posts before you can start a new thread in the for sale section/s.

AND you must be on the forum 30 days and have 20 posts before you can make a post in the for sale section. This will limit the wasted time of noobs and also build a bit more trust amoungst buyers and sellers here.

come on guys lets here your thoughts and Admin I hope you take this into consideration.

:withstupid: I am in complete agreement...I have certainly seen the noticable increase in noobs posting in the for sale section. Personally, I would never buy from a noob b/c of the lack of creditability. But I would hate to see active members get screwed on for sale items. It seems like an easy solution, hope that it finally comes to light with the post restriction.