For Sale Post Limit And Time Limit

sprayed99

Question

I as many others on the forum are getting sick and tired of noobs signing up just to post stuff for sale. I think we need to add a lock to every new user and any user that has less than a certain number of posts to have a bit more protection for our long term contributing members.

My Idea would be you must be on the forum 6 months and have over 100 posts before you can start a new thread in the for sale section/s.

AND you must be on the forum 30 days and have 20 posts before you can make a post in the for sale section. This will limit the wasted time of noobs and also build a bit more trust amoungst buyers and sellers here.

come on guys lets here your thoughts and Admin I hope you take this into consideration.

Joining the TBSS site looking to buy is a completely different story, and Im glad you got what you wanted. However joining a site just to sell makes this place look like a joke. If the guy fell on hard times, well thats his fault for not using his money properly just like the people who run this country.

Joining the TBSS site looking to buy is a completely different story, and Im glad you got what you wanted. However joining a site just to sell makes this place look like a joke. If the guy fell on hard times, well thats his fault for not using his money properly just like the people who run this country.

Might I remind you that quite often you are the guy who says they will buy something, then backs out due to medical issues or something else the money needs to go to; that is why I brought this up, I thought you of all people could empathize with that scenario. I don't think it makes the site look like a joke, but again it is just my opinion. What better place to sell a silverado SS than silveradoss.com. It should be obvious by now that the admins couldn't care less about it, or it would have been part of the rules by now. Thanks for responding.

why does it look bad on the sites part? so your saying its the owners fault for getting laid off and doing whats necessary to support him and his family? and who are you to judge and make decisions for him/her? how do you know how that person spent his money? maybe the owner spent his last paycheck on food so he couldn't pay his mortgage payment this month and he had to sell the truck to pay for next months?

Yes I do backout, but I let the seller know about asap. And I do remember you insulting me about my health also.

Enough said. Im not here to argue, you are entitled to your opinion and hope you have good health. And I will continue to point these people out. If you dont like, dont respond or read it.

edit - and yes this guy seems more legit than the "04 ss 4 sale" but it seems to be a domino effect of new people blitzing the site just to sell stuff. When the 1st person is scammed, we'll see what happens.

Edited by 03mass (see edit history)

I don't really mind this one being posted, It looks like so much more of a decent truck than that other thing. Plus the owner seems respectable so far. And this site is slow(lacks people), what is the problem?

Edited by 2001silverado364 (see edit history)

Yes I do backout, but I let the seller know about asap. And I do remember you insulting me about my health also.

Enough said. Im not here to argue, you are entitled to your opinion and hope you have good health. And I will continue to point these people out. If you dont like, dont respond or read it.

If you took that as an insult, I apologize; that was not my intent. Trucks for sale have more relevance than your health history. As much as you grow tired of seeing these for sale posts, others may be tired of you relating everything to health issues. I'm just saying a good dose of perspective may do you some good.

I took that very personally. Im glad your healthy.

Reason why I make my health situation known to certain people is because I have to clarify as to why I am not purchasing something when I may have been interested and not leaving them in the dark with no reason as to why I cant pay for that certain thing.

And dont call me by my first name, Ive never met you.

Respectfully.

edit - this site was indeed much better back in 05 when I purchased my truck. I was not a member but just lurking around searching info.

Edited by 03mass (see edit history)

I took that very personally. Im glad your healthy.

Reason why I make my health situation known to certain people is because I have to clarify as to why I am not purchasing something when I may have been interested and not leaving them in the dark with no reason as to why I cant pay for that certain thing.

And dont call me by my first name, Ive never met you.

Respectfully.

edit - this site was indeed much better back in 05 when I purchased my truck. I was not a member but just lurking around searching info.

Well you have your apology. Sorry about calling you by your first name, sir. And since we don't know each other, don't speculate about my health condition either.

I dont think this site is big enough to put a 6 moth hold on selling

like ls1 tech and pt oh dont get me started on pt one mod there can S#^#^k my balls wanted me to pay him to sell parts lol, I didnt so he perma banned me

you could have a member maybe prove he is good to deal with

maybe providing a ebay account have a mod check him out then give him selling access

become a supporting member, you now have a credit card or paypal address

paypal has change their rules on getting screwd over now, they got me back all my money buying on craigs list even just follow their rules

:pepsicheer:

I as many others on the forum are getting sick and tired of noobs signing up just to post stuff for sale. I think we need to add a lock to every new user and any user that has less than a certain number of posts to have a bit more protection for our long term contributing members.

My Idea would be you must be on the forum 6 months and have over 100 posts before you can start a new thread in the for sale section/s.

AND you must be on the forum 30 days and have 20 posts before you can make a post in the for sale section. This will limit the wasted time of noobs and also build a bit more trust amoungst buyers and sellers here.

come on guys lets here your thoughts and Admin I hope you take this into consideration.

Yea I think this could have been my mistake. My dumba$$ posted "wanting to buy" in the gathering section. I don't know how to edit or delete it. any advise thanks Learned a $hit load about forums in general. This was the first site I actually got involved with and then Ventured over to PT.net and the others. LS1tech and camaro5. but don't worry i'm by far on here the most! :thumbsup: and yes i agree on having them have so many post before going to the for sale section. However i didn't see any issue with a noob trying to sell his SSS truck on here. Just wanted to pass in on to other enthusiast. IMO :driving: