For Sale Post Limit And Time Limit

sprayed99

Question

I as many others on the forum are getting sick and tired of noobs signing up just to post stuff for sale. I think we need to add a lock to every new user and any user that has less than a certain number of posts to have a bit more protection for our long term contributing members.

My Idea would be you must be on the forum 6 months and have over 100 posts before you can start a new thread in the for sale section/s.

AND you must be on the forum 30 days and have 20 posts before you can make a post in the for sale section. This will limit the wasted time of noobs and also build a bit more trust amoungst buyers and sellers here.

come on guys lets here your thoughts and Admin I hope you take this into consideration.

Once again another person joins the site just to sell their truck. This is getting damn disrespectufull to the site.

This is the link to the thread, truck needs some serious TLC which only brings the member into question. The thing that chaps my ass most, since its a female selling the SS, all the guys are willing to help her, once again making a mockery of this site :shakehead:

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/topic/72172-04-silverado-ss-for-sale-cheap-7000/page__gopid__799784

Moderators and Admins please start doing something about this.

Once again another person joins the site just to sell their truck. This is getting damn disrespectufull to the site.

This is the link to the thread, truck needs some serious TLC which only brings the member into question. The thing that chaps my ass most, since its a female selling the SS, all the guys are willing to help her, once again making a mockery of this site :shakehead:

http://www.silverado...__gopid__799784

Moderators and Admins please start doing something about this.

I know right, can someone say neglected?

I know right, can someone say neglected?

^^^thank you sir, when something is not cared for you have to only think twice about what other issues are going on. She claims not to be a newb, and has been on here 6 years, then why didnt she use her old name is my question. She might have cred if people remember her.

Ive been on this site 6 years and only one girl in MA with an SS was a member but she sold her truck long time ago. So I honestly have to bring this member into question.

I'm with you, I've only been on this site for 4 days and I've seen more people selling stuff than on any other forum I've been on, which is fine if you've been here awhile, but someone whose user name is "04 ss for sale".....I mean come on.

And yeah, as soon as I saw that truck with 3 steel wheels, missing cladding, and the owner is too lazy to even wash and wax the damn thing. That makes me wonder about other critical maintenance like oil changes.

Edited by 2001silverado364 (see edit history)

You may be a newb, but with you posting alot you are creating good cred on the site. Just keep it up and people will learn to respect you and have trust with you shall you need to sell something in the future :pepsicheer:

ps Im still waiting for her to mention her old name on the site. For all we know it could a scumbag scam artist posing as a girl so all the men jump to help the person out :wtf::nonod:

Edited by 03mass (see edit history)

Exactly she needs to get on her old account(and it better be close to 6 years old like she said) and post once in that thread, otherwise I believe shes lying. rolleyes.gif The fact that she's just ignoring that question just further reinforces that statement.

Edited by 2001silverado364 (see edit history)

Thank you admin/moderators for taking the time out to look at the situation that was at hand. I am sorry if I caused any riff raff on the site, but that was an extremely phoney situation.

Once again, thank you for watching out for the site.

Thank you admin/moderators for taking the time out to look at the situation that was at hand. I am sorry if I caused any riff raff on the site, but that was an extremely phoney situation.

Once again, thank you for watching out for the site.

I'm pretty sure the thread was deleted due to the profanity and douchebaggery of 80% of the people posting in the thread. I bet my unpaid membership that it WASN"T due to the fact that a new person was trying to sell something. If it was something you guys were interested in personally you would have jumped all over it. Am I saying the OP handled the situation properly, NO, but neither did most of the people in that thread.

I understand that could very well be the reason. I just wish the girl would have stated her previous name when she claimed to be on here for 6 years on the site and everything could have been smoothed out.

I am not one to rat on people, but that whole thing seemed phoney to me. Yes she probably was selling an SS, but when lieing comes into play, the whole situation is questioned.

Anyhow, enough of that topic. Lets hope things are all well on silveradoss.com :chevrolet:

Very true, I planned on moving on until she started talking back. Please PM me what I would labeled as, Id rather keep a good convo between yourself and I, I wont take anything personal. :pepsicheer:

And here is another, joined August 15th and his first post is selling his SS. :shakehead:

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/topic/72033-2007-silverado-ss-for-sale/

Andrew, get a hobby. As slow as the site is anymore there aren't many posts anyway. The guy has a nice truck, his ad is clearly written, includes pictures, and is not derogatory towards the other members. I joined TBSS owners just to find a TBSS, and purchased one from there and still check in on the site every day. I would rather see these trucks going up for sale here and having a better probability of getting a good owner than seeing them go on craigslist and getting a ladder rack put on it and used as a paint truck. I just don't see what the problem is here. All of the older members who jump on the new guys makes them feel very unwelcome....Perhaps some of these people fell on hard times and didn't want to sell but had to to make ends meet, and we (you) want to hinder them getting back on their feet by restricting sales. Just an example, take it or leave it. I think if we want to start policing things around here there are other things at the top of the list.