For Sale Post Limit And Time Limit

sprayed99

Question

I as many others on the forum are getting sick and tired of noobs signing up just to post stuff for sale. I think we need to add a lock to every new user and any user that has less than a certain number of posts to have a bit more protection for our long term contributing members.

My Idea would be you must be on the forum 6 months and have over 100 posts before you can start a new thread in the for sale section/s.

AND you must be on the forum 30 days and have 20 posts before you can make a post in the for sale section. This will limit the wasted time of noobs and also build a bit more trust amoungst buyers and sellers here.

come on guys lets here your thoughts and Admin I hope you take this into consideration.

I try to look at both sides with any issue. I know I read far more than I post. I use the search button and google advanced search a lot ....a lot. I think just about every question I've ever had has already been asked so there isn't a huge need for me to post. I will also say that I've seen a few threads get way off topic and a lot of flamming for simple questions. But I will also say that I have read for countless hours invaluable information that other members have posted or links to sources of info. I also agree some form of filter to prevent vested members from being ripped off by new members is a good idea. I can't say I have a good answer but if you are concerned with the forum being dead, putting restrictions on one of the busiest sections may hurt the forum a bit.

Whatcha talkin bout Willis? :uhoh:

The Silveradoss.com staff is watching this thread and discussing. Just because a staff member doesn't post, doesn't mean their not reading. If and when the time comes for changes, it will be made well known.

I mean mods are going to have to keep an active watch for this problem in the FS section... Like the current bashing post that is still sitiing there.

Perfect example.... this is still there days after I even pm'd a moderator about it... I know it wasn't you Kevin, but it was the correct mod listed for the FS section.

http://www.silverado...erter-for-sale/

Edited by Sprayed99 (see edit history)

Agreed, I still cant post on pt.net! It really pisses me off so in turn I really dont try to contribute anything over there.

this supports my reasoning... you are only there to buy or post things for sale thats why it pisses you off.... Thanks for helping my arguement :jester:

I do like the idea of a time delay, like 2 months or something rather then a high post count(maybe keep one just a lower one). Although i understand the reasoning, i just want the new guys, that might be reading and not posting, to be able to buy stuff through the forum even if they are just reading posts.

I still remember it was intimidating to ask questions with guys like zippy, kevin, benkey, mr p, fuel slut, holty and kaotic around, so it took me a long time to get comfortable and start posting.

Brian is right, you can always do it through a PM to, but if a new guy asks how will this help me, you get the chance to further his knowledge as well as anyone else that may not know....and its a free bump for your item.

Brad

its more of the selling thing that I'm concerned about... the more post the more exposure the lesser chance of a buyer getting shafted by an inactive member.

I try to look at both sides with any issue. I know I read far more than I post. I use the search button and google advanced search a lot ....a lot. I think just about every question I've ever had has already been asked so there isn't a huge need for me to post. I will also say that I've seen a few threads get way off topic and a lot of flamming for simple questions. But I will also say that I have read for countless hours invaluable information that other members have posted or links to sources of info. I also agree some form of filter to prevent vested members from being ripped off by new members is a good idea. I can't say I have a good answer but if you are concerned with the forum being dead, putting restrictions on one of the busiest sections may hurt the forum a bit.

Yes you would think that, but this has been done over on a few other forums I have been on and it actually incresed activity because people dont want to wait to sell their items for 90 days or however long so they start threads and become active to get their post count up so they do have that right to sell or buy items....

making a simple intro post and a pics post generates a post count and also helps you connect with other members... nothing but good can come of this

sounds legit to me ... some times i think you shouldn't be able to post period till you been on here for 30 days in any section besides the new member introductions cause of the questions and comments they make and as stated they dont know how to use the search , but i know thats a lil extreme ... lol

Edited by idahoBLKss (see edit history)

Well I would say a minimum of 50 posts and 3 months to post items for sale.... and I'm standing firm on the 30 days and 20 posts to buy.... It does a few different things... More protection for everyone and it increases the activity on the site. Not to mention every other large truck forum is that way... PT.net, ls1truck, gmfullsize, and even some of the smaller sites.

I hate to say it but this place is totally dead and its kinda driving me nuts... back 3-4 years ago the place was full of new posts and things were much much more active.

Also the trader rating that was bumped from the dead is a absolute must. I work hard to be a 100% honest and open seller and buyer... I want people to know that so that they feel 100% comfortable before sending me $ and the same in reverse... The verteran members here know me and know they can trust me, but having that in a feedback form with a small comment section can really weed out the bad from the good.

iamwithstupid.gif I agree with this time limit, and minimum posts.

Ive only bought 2 tires and havent sold a thing here but I agree on time (30 days). First signed up 8-2008.

If I were to purcahse a new steering wheel and Chase had the TBSS wheel f/s and another newb member had the same thing f/s I would buy from Chase, even if it costed more its the piece of mind knowing Chase has a good rep and is a known member. Its the loyalty and built friendships that also help. When my truck is back on the road, my parts arent coming from my dealership or local store, their coming from FL due to a built friendship where we both have recognized our tastes are very similar in these trucks. The next step is to get my truck to FL with a hectic schedule upcoming, thats the type of relationship I have built with this member.

Sorry to go off topic but thought it was important to mention.