For Sale Post Limit And Time Limit

sprayed99

Question

I as many others on the forum are getting sick and tired of noobs signing up just to post stuff for sale. I think we need to add a lock to every new user and any user that has less than a certain number of posts to have a bit more protection for our long term contributing members.

My Idea would be you must be on the forum 6 months and have over 100 posts before you can start a new thread in the for sale section/s.

AND you must be on the forum 30 days and have 20 posts before you can make a post in the for sale section. This will limit the wasted time of noobs and also build a bit more trust amoungst buyers and sellers here.

come on guys lets here your thoughts and Admin I hope you take this into consideration.

I understand trying to weed out the BS, but you have to be careful not to make it to restrictive or you won't have any noobs to add to the site.

I understnad where you are coming from... Look at PT.net their rules have been in place for years and their site is 10 times the size of this site and their for sale area is much cleaner IMO... This also requires more active moderators...

I agree also its seems like every day the seems like the same questions are asked over and over again. Some time the same question was asked 2 min before.!! But yeah I would like to see some changes in the for sale section!!!

I hate to say it but this place is totally dead and its kinda driving me nuts... back 3-4 years ago the place was full of new posts and things were much much more active.

I hate to admit it as well but this site is dead lately. I wish I had ideas for cranking things up but I don't. And I agree with everyone about the posting restrictions. I first joined ls1tech.com in order to search for a ss camaro for sale. I couldn't post on the for sale forum until I had over 6 months on the site OR 50 posts. After thinking about it, I totally agree with the restrictions. We don't have to do a post count AND a time, we could do a post count OR a time as well.

Great suggestion. The only thing I would possibly change is instead of the time minimum being 6 months maybe make it more like 90 days. Hell, doesn't really matter to me either way.. I've been here for years lol.

... This also requires more active moderators...

Whatcha talkin bout Willis? :uhoh:

The Silveradoss.com staff is watching this thread and discussing. Just because a staff member doesn't post, doesn't mean their not reading. If and when the time comes for changes, it will be made well known.

i like the idea danny, but i don't know if i would go to such an extreme. If i was a new guy and came on here to mod my truck, the first place i'd go is the for sale section to stock up on parts. I think your right, we are getting some guys coming on here just to sell stuff, but on the flip side...if i can get a deal on a set of heads, cam, intake, whatever....is it a bad thing.

I think a 100 posts is a little high, it took me forever to get to 100 because i didn't want to open my mouth(no smart comments about i still should), so maybe a 25 post limit before you can start a topic in the for sale section but you can post there right away?

Brad

Agreed, I still cant post on pt.net! It really pisses me off so in turn I really dont try to contribute anything over there.

Kevin,

Before the mods make a change, would the proposed changes be brought before us guys to talk about maybe even poll the ideas to see what the majority likes?

Hey Brad,

While I can't speak for the group right now, I would encourage a "majority rules" type of decision. Keep the suggestions rolling.

I haye when people post on a thread that freakin 8 years old

:withstupid:

Yea that is annoying as well. I also agree with the time and/or post count on the for sale thread seems like you have a lot more sale things from guys with 1-10 post then never see or hear from them again.

I do like the idea of a time delay, like 2 months or something rather then a high post count(maybe keep one just a lower one). Although i understand the reasoning, i just want the new guys, that might be reading and not posting, to be able to buy stuff through the forum even if they are just reading posts.

I still remember it was intimidating to ask questions with guys like zippy, kevin, benkey, mr p, fuel slut, holty and kaotic around, so it took me a long time to get comfortable and start posting.

Brian is right, you can always do it through a PM to, but if a new guy asks how will this help me, you get the chance to further his knowledge as well as anyone else that may not know....and its a free bump for your item.

Brad

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)