Silverado 777's Blown 383 Stroker Build

silverado777

Alright so just like everyone else I've always wanted to create a "Build" thread. So here it goes.....

This all started because I was a moron and threw a Magnacharger on my truck and did not pin the crank. So everyone please learn from my mistake and ALWAYS pin your crank no matter how much or little boost you are running. You can have your crank pinned for about $200 if you don't want to do it yourself. Now I'm spending about 8 grand on a engine/trans build.

So on to the fun stuff....

I had my options between a few different engine setups (i.e. 370, 383, 390, 408). I wanted to run the maggie and I knew it definitely wouldn't work too well with the 408 and with some help from Zippy I landed on a 383 stroker. The 383 should give me great torque without even getting into boost and even more when i do get into boost.....about 600 ft lbs at about 3000 rpm. Another reason I went for the 383 was because honestly you rarely see them in late model trucks. Lets call it a dare to be different moment lol. Plus when i think about 383 I think about an old school 69 Camaro (Which I will own one day).

Engine Specs

383 Stroker using a 5.3L Iron block

Callies 4'' Forged Crank

Callies H beam forged rods

Diamond -8cc pistons with steel top ring

ARP Main Studs

Ported LS6 oil pump

Thunder Racing Blower Cam 214/230 .601/.579 117lsa

Patriot Dual Valve Springs

Titanium Retainers

LS7 Roller Lifters

LS2 lifter Trays

Comp Cams 1.75 Roller Rockers

Hardend Chromoly Push Rods

Port and Polished 799 heads

ARP Head Bolts

Kurt Urban Water Vapor System

Power Adder

Radix MP112 (shooting for 6-8psi)

2.8" Pulley

Radix 1/2'' Spacer (Provided by SuperSub)

LS3 90mm Throttle Body

Ported J-tube

X-Link

60lb Injectors

F.A.S.T Billet Fuel Rails

Snow Performance Stage 2 Water/Meth Injection Kit

Transmission

Mildly Build 4L80e

6.0L LQ4 Flex Plate

4l60e to 4l80e Conversion kit from PATC Performance

Precision Industries Tripple Disc 2800 Stall Converter

Rear End

Currently using a mildly built 10 bolt but once I get everything situated and definitely before I go to the track, it will be swapped out for a 14 bolt or something comparable that can hold the power with some stickies.

Special thanks to Zippy for helping me decide on the spec for the engine and to AES for building the engine. The guys at AES were awesome, spent over an hour on the phone with me discussing the build and eliminated me from having to buy parts from variety of different places. They are basically building me a long block and were about $1500-2000 cheaper than TSP. Also one last thanks to my buddy Andrew (damn short f-body guy) who turned me on to AES.

Last but not least I have to give a special thanks to Clint at Forced Air Technologies for doing the custom fab work and the install. Probably one of the best shops I have ever dealt with. Great knowledge, great customer service and great communication!

I'm sure I'm forgetting something but I will obviously update as I get parts in.

Here's some pics of the old engine and trans out of the truck as proof the build is really happening lol.

b28f2821.jpg

186e609e.jpg

033f2928.jpg

f9893c0e.jpg

027e1688.jpg

36e82d52.jpg

3f814c26.jpg

cc131728.jpg

32524c96.jpg

19cc9b33.jpg

1bdaaf25.jpg

Edited by Silverado777 (see edit history)

Thanks guys! I'm crazy excited about the build. Especially since I have been without my truck for so long. Only thing I have left to buy is the converter and the Meth kit. I'll pick up my tranny tomorrow and take it down to get built.

Sweet build!

I am interested in how this turns out with the radix sitting on it.

One thing I would look into is running a 4 corner steam vent system on your heads. IMO it is cheap insurance to reduce the possibility of blowing #7 or #8 out of the hole.

Here are some adapters that you can use to make a custom set-up: http://s41657.storefront-solutions.com/detail.aspx?ID=3289 Wegner Motorsports is the company ( Kurt Urban also sells the parts and the whole kit http://kurturbanperformance.com/ls-water-vapor-system.html )

You will need 4 of them of course, and have someone make up a distribution block with 4 inlets and 1 outlet drilled and tapped for whatever fittings you are using, then drill and tap a hole in the water pump or thermostat housing and run the return line to that.

Sweet build!

I am interested in how this turns out with the radix sitting on it.

One thing I would look into is running a 4 corner steam vent system on your heads. IMO it is cheap insurance to reduce the possibility of blowing #7 or #8 out of the hole.

Here are some adapters that you can use to make a custom set-up: http://s41657.storef...il.aspx?ID=3289 Wegner Motorsports is the company ( Kurt Urban also sells the parts and the whole kit http://kurturbanperf...por-system.html )

You will need 4 of them of course, and have someone make up a distribution block with 4 inlets and 1 outlet drilled and tapped for whatever fittings you are using, then drill and tap a hole in the water pump or thermostat housing and run the return line to that.

Now thats a cool set up! I just might have to look into that!