Silverado 777's Blown 383 Stroker Build

silverado777

I haven't really had it long enough to check too much. It's still down with Zippy. I did notice a slight noise from the front but didn't know if it was coming from the engine or the blower. The idle wasn't really right so that's all still questionable. Zippy said that that the truck can be driven with the low oil pressure but isn't good for the longevity of the engine, especially with mine being a stroker motor. Mine sits at 40 at cold idle then drops down to just over 20 once it's heated up. Mine does go up with RPM though. It sits about 40 while going down the highway and up to almost 60 at WOT.

Is this a reading from your IC or a mechanical/electric oil pressure gauge? Yeah mine was a cold start 20psi. I wont drive mine until i figure out that clacking noise. And its either bearing or oil pump related. Do you think you'll see higher pressure with the stock pump?

Reading from the cluster. Haven't had a chance to hook it up to a gauge yet. Its a new oil pressure sending unit as well. Zippy gave me the name of the pump I should run but forgot what it is called. I'll let you know when i hear back from him.

• 1 year later...

Subscibed.

I don't know if it pertains to LS motors but they say 10 psi of pressure for every 1000 rpms. And on my LT1 when up to temp I see 40 psi at idle but when I have the supercharger hooked up into the oil system it lowered to 20 at idle. And talked to several people and said that was plenty good for idle as long as it got over 40 psi and was stable. I have melling high volume and high pressure due to the supercharger I had on it and going to twin turbo's at some point.

But without supercharger on I see 40 psi at idle and 60 psi at cruise and wot.