This is from our Halry Forum

12SecFORDHD

Albeit the kid was an idiot. KID being the big word here. Just don't start posting all your SS kills on an SS website. Not trying to be a jerk but I wouldnt go to a Harley dedicated website and post my Harley kills simply b/c I know I would be considered a troll. I can see the idiocy though. Must be a nice HD. Those are good trucks.

DONT WORRY YOU WILL NEVER HAVE A HARLEY KILL UNLESS WE RUN OUT OF GAS. IF YOU DO THEN WE WILL POST IT ON OUR SITE FOR YOU> :cheers:

NEVER SAY NEVER. There will always be someone out there with an SS that with the right mods will take you down. Those are very strong words. I have seen a tahoe take a lightning. I have seen the unthinkable in racing before. It will not surprise me. You may never get beat but one of your comrades will. :chevy:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh yeah and some of the best sellers are the cheapest vehicles around. One of them being the 150. It is a cheap truck. Cheaply made to with the exception of the L and the HD.

Lets talk cheap. GM's #1 item to use on there trucks such as the avalanche is plastic. They must have stock in a overseas plastic company. I had a 89 beretta when I was in high school and man that entire dash was plasctic. Also dont forget that a new cobra is $36,000 while a new ZO6 is $52,000 they run the same 1/4 time. Get a full griggs suspension for $10,000 and it will lap it every time on a road course.

Did you say something? YAWNING. I said HD's were nice. I am entitled to an opinion without scrutiny arent I? Lets remember Ford knowingly puts their vehicle owners in danger by letting them drive faulty made vehicles. Ahem, Pinto ordeal of the 70's and the exploder. Dude chill I am just giving you a hard time, I just dont like the fact that you called this forum a joke. This is a well established forum and when you mess with sss.com you mess with all of us! :fume: j/k :D

Did you say something? YAWNING. I said HD's were nice. I am entitled to an opinion without scrutiny arent I? Lets remember Ford knowingly puts their vehicle owners in danger by letting them drive faulty made vehicles. Ahem, Pinto ordeal of the 70's and the exploder. Dude chill I am just giving you a hard time, I just dont like the fact that you called this forum a joke. This is a well established forum and when you mess with sss.com you mess with all of us! :fume: j/k :D

I like your forum setup and I dont hinkg it is a joke. Have a nice weekend. Just having FUN :cheers:

Heres what scares me.And im not making exuse's.LPE built a TT427 Caddy Ext,heres its times.

700hp All wheel drive

12.38 @ 107.5 MPH

3.9 seconds 0-60 MPH

as tested 2/5/03

Now I dont know the weight difference between the Ext and SS,I thought it would be faster.I wonder if its the AWD that makes it slow??Now like 12Sec said,traction bars and slicks,no AWD I wonder how much faster it would be.

Crap im losing. :D

H-Ds and Ls have advatages right off the bat, superchargers. if the SSs came with one or th H-ds and the Ls came without, i'm sure this whole topic would be a differnt story.

I totally agree.Heres another truck.

Performance specifications quoted are with package installed in a 2001

C3 AWD Sierra with the 475 HP package

0-60- 4.7 seconds 1/4 mile- 13.3 @102 mph - 475 HP version

As tested by Car & Driver 6/2001

Also dont forget that a new cobra is $36,000 while a new ZO6 is $52,000 they run the same 1/4 time.

I was looking at my newest motortrend and i came across this.

Corvette (not zo6) vs 2003 Mustang SVT Cobra

Corvette Mustang SVT Cobra

Base price 50,395 37,545

Price as tested 56,265 38,170

Max horsepower 350@5600rpm 390@6000

Max Torque 375@4400rpm 390@3500rpm

0-60 mph, sec 4.72 4.86

1/4 mile , sec@mph [email protected] 13.12 @ 109.58

The only thing a Cobra would see of a Z06 would be taillights!

I would think that it is the AWD system that is slowing them down. While they don't have to worry about spinning off the line, the extra parasitic drag seems to be killing them.

Some stock L's run times like that...... at higher mph. (this is not a slam, just as a point of comparison).

The Syclone/Typhoons were like that also. They were absolute beasts off of the line, yet their 1/4 mile times did not reflect the 0-60 times. Sub 5 second 0-60 times should easily equate into the 12's. The Mitsubishi Eclipse cars also had similar problems.

While AWD is the cats *ss for snowy/rainy conditions, it does seem to hurt all out performance numbers. Audi Quattros, for instance, may sport real good hp/tq numbers....... yet their 1/4 mile times do not reflect this (yes they are quick, just not as quick as they would be RWD only...... yes I know, without Quattro they are FWD).

i agree with the awd, very much not needed. i live in michigan and have only owned one 4wd. after i sold it i've used 2wd's with a locking rear diff and bridgestone blizzak's and not had enough problems in the snow to warrent the extra insurance costs, worse handling, lower fuel milage, and extra parts maintanance (more on a 4wd to break/maintain). i wouldn't be holding my breath for a harley kill with an ss though. i feel trolling is fine as it's just usuall competition within car/truck guys. i'd be expecting alot of ss kill's since the ss badge used to referr to super sport and gm forgot the super....

OK, I have been trying to stay out of this debate.

Why is everyone stuck on 1/4 mile times? I bet if you take a stock F...what ever up against an SS on a road course the SS will kick its *SS!

I own a ZR-1, I have owned it for ten years. Yes the SS is not that quick, but it is faster than any standard truck out there. I have taken my SS (still in the breakin period 400mi.) and taken a bend at 85 mph. It didn't even blink. That same bend with the ZR-1 is pushing it a 95-100.

This truck is awsome all the way around. Yes it is not the best in the quater mile... but I drive on the road 95% of the time and it kicks *SS!

Now they want to compare a Mustang to a vette. Look back in '90 a stock ZR-1 set the world record for 24hrs. of Daytona. Yes, the race with all kinds of exotics and mustangs. Not one but three world records!!! The privious record had stood for fifty years.

I owned all of the big three and yes I still bleed GM. They make the best American cars/trucks.

That is why chevy trucks always have the best resale value. The ford I had, in fifth gear could not out run a 18 wheeler 65mph. It had some Mitsubushi motor or something. I couldn't even buy hoop up parts for. The two chryser vehicles I had spent more time in the garage then all 16

of my GMs put together.

You know its funny most Ford owners say stupid things like that, but when it comes down to it they have never been inside a GM to even compare.

:fume: OK, I feel better :) Sorry for the long message.

I am verry happy with my SS. Thanks to all the GM guys that made it happen.

I totally agree.Heres another truck.

Performance specifications quoted are with package installed in a 2001

C3 AWD Sierra with the 475 HP package

0-60- 4.7 seconds 1/4 mile- 13.3 @102 mph - 475 HP version

As tested by Car & Driver 6/2001

Hey that 1/4 mile time looks familiar. I wonder what kind of power I am making with the same 1/4 mile times.

OK, I have been trying to stay out of this debate.

Why is everyone stuck on 1/4 mile times? I bet if you take a stock F...what ever up against an SS on a road course the SS will kick its *SS!

I own a ZR-1, I have owned it for ten years. Yes the SS is not that quick, but it is faster than any standard truck out there. I have taken my SS (still in the breakin period 400mi.) and taken a bend at 85 mph. It didn't even blink. That same bend with the ZR-1 is pushing it a 95-100.

This truck is awsome all the way around. Yes it is not the best in the quater mile... but I drive on the road 95% of the time and it kicks *SS!

Now they want to compare a Mustang to a vette. Look back in '90 a stock ZR-1 set the world record for 24hrs. of Daytona. Yes, the race with all kinds of exotics and mustangs. Not one but three world records!!! The privious record had stood for fifty years.

I owned all of the big three and yes I still bleed GM. They make the best American cars/trucks.

That is why chevy trucks always have the best resale value. The ford I had, in fifth gear could not out run a 18 wheeler 65mph. It had some Mitsubushi motor or something. I couldn't even buy hoop up parts for. The two chryser vehicles I had spent more time in the garage then all 16

of my GMs put together.

You know its funny most Ford owners say stupid things like that, but when it comes down to it they have never been inside a GM to even compare.

:fume: OK, I feel better :) Sorry for the long message.

I am verry happy with my SS. Thanks to all the GM guys that made it happen.

i can't agree with this post more! :thumbs::chevy:

on a road course the ss wouldn't beat the harley or the lightning. also stated is the ss will beat any standard truck out there. a rcsb 2wd silverado (with it's 900lb trailering advantage as well) would probably outrun it on a road course as well as accelaration and pull a really close skidpad number. i have an old review on a similar truck and i'll post it yet. i'm also sure the hemi half ton rcsb 2wd wouldn't have much trouble with it in all aspects either. it's gm's fault the ss is picked on for it's performance numbers as the ss badge should be on a vehicle that's performance is stand out like, not how well it drives to the destination. the ss option would have been better left across the board on all regular cab, extended cab, 2wd, awd, and 4wd. i don't think anyone is saying the truck isn't nice, but for it's over 40k plus average price, where's the super in super sport?

Archived