GI.SS 06 SS Build

GI.SS

Ok its different jetting because of the fuel pressure, the last one on that chart shows for 10psi. Wouldn't you need a different jet if your @ 6.5?

Did they get a chance to play with the jets at the shop when they tuned the pcm?

I'd get try and run a really good NA pass then drop the bomb on it with the 200 shot. Either way you'll have a solid runner when your all done with it.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea that's basically where I'm at. Yes jetting is a tiny bit different at 6.5psi BUT it's a whole better starting spot. I'm planning on getting like 10 sets of plugs and make a pass then read plugs and go from there. That's the right way to do it. Yea it all comes back to tuning software. Also I know I can get my 60 down more on both. It's just dialing it in more and more. Idk what the shop did when they tuned for nitrous. Hence why I'm getting my own software and doing it right. They also had fuel pressure sky high because they were using the wrong method to set fuel pressure. Just trial

And error and more time dialing it in. But I know what it is liking so far.

When I talked to the guys at smith craft racing they told be to barely put any load on none and to set them on the lowest hole setting. Not bad for your first test runs. I found that 15 psi cold for the et streets was the sweet spot for me the last time I ran my truck.

im going to try a bunch of different settings. i was in the middle hole on the front and bottom hole in the back with like 3 turns in it. I have the videos on my buddies computer, we are gonna slow them down and see what its doing. it didnt feel like it was planting the ass end but more like sliding. 15 lbs felt like a really good psi, i just think with my shocks at such of an angle, 0* pinion angle, and not on the right setting on the assassin bars, it was a combination of why it wasnt 60ing well. ill get her there.

With the assassin bars and a zero pinion angle, it wont change from there, which is what you want since you get the most lbs of tq. Also did you feel theor do you feel the ass end of the truck lift up?

i feel it sink a little. so your saying dont change the pinion angle to -2*? id like to try the bottom hole as well as the top. I also am not running the overload spring. im debating putting it back in and pulling the middle spring instead. but i want to try adjusting the bars first.

Maintaining 0* pinion angle yields the most power to the wheels. The traction bars are what keep your pinion angle whatever it is set to with the bars loaded. My truck lifts up in the rear when I take off (thus planting the rear tires). I have the bars set to the lowest holes on both ends and the bars I loaded them by hand until they touched the leaf.

Not bad passes Steve at least you got some numbers to go off of. I can't wait to make some 1/4 mile passes so I compare with you guys all I have is 1/8 slips. So far I'm happy with my setup and what I've run. Wanna see them vids.

So I'm assuming the higher in the front holes, the more it will shock the tire? I'll try them low hole settings sometime this week. Jason trust me my times are slow right now.

• 8 months later...

I'v been doing some hiding and lurking lately. I have changed a lot in my setup and will continue to do so in the next couple months.

Here are the updates:

Rebuilt 4l80 with borg warner internals, HD2 shift kit, tubular crossmember, all AN lines

FTI Billet 3600 stall

243 heads Sent off to a local guy to have him work his magic. Spec's after completion

Vic Jr intake with with elbow, rails, an lines (all that fancy stuff)

most likely re-do my exhaust as it leaks and annoys me

some ls7 lifters, new trays, gaskets, trunnion upgrade

coil relocation and do something fancy with my valvecovers (still undecided)

oh and i sold off my NX plate kit to upgrade to something else. I have had my eye on the Induction Solutions Sledgehammer plate kit with another standalone fuel cell or a crossbar plate.I have since notched my frame, clamped my spring pack, have my pinion shims on the shelf (gonna put her at -4* as mine has a lot of wrap) and am going to go viking double adjustable coil overs in the front and double adjustable shocks in the rear. Lastly, i am gonna put the SS 20's up for sale and go with 17X7 and 17X9.5 Racestars in the black chrome.

It was time to step the game up as everyone is getting faster and heck im still in a 5,000lb pig.... pics to follow

Edited by GI.SS (see edit history)

iv been wanting this setup for a while now.... one day i woke up and said screw it im going all in. So i just started acquiring parts. I think the heads came off a newer 07+ truck motor. they dont have the sodium filled valves. They are at the machine shop as we speak. I picked up a new CAI last night. My ebay special that came with my truck was looking rough and i found a brand new volant for $80 so i had to get it. Im waiting on 1 fitting and 1 gasket and then ill put the vic jr on. I have to get pictures of everything. I also have to assemble my trans, i need some bands and steels and then thats done. I sure have the wheels ordered here anyday. Just waiting on a friend to buy my stockers.

19CA9CDB-15FB-4DB4-A887-D88B2DB2717D_zps

Still need to build some rail brackets but you get the idea...

9C3FE748-2CD8-4204-AF58-73D256B5B603_zps

80e all torn down. Gonna go buy me a parts washer before I put it back together. And they are really not all that complicated...

D767F1F5-78C8-4A2E-AD7A-21C7E6B3BC16_zps

Just a shelf full of goodies waiting to go together. Braided cooler lines, FTI 3600, hd2. I have a parts list to make it as easy as possible if anyone needs help.