GI.SS 06 SS Build

GI.SS

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds good n looks like a nitrous cam. How are you doing away with the TCS as far as the electronics go, tuning it out? The nitrous panel looks good, I was checking out the ones on nitrousoutlet they make for our trucks. I remember a guy on ls1tech use to make some nice ones for the f bodys and c5. And I was looking at the truck to see if and where I can come up with a spot to build stealthy looking one. Only real appealing area is the spot under the SS emblem on these trucks so they can be labeled. off topic I guess sorry lol

Coming along really well, your gonna run a progressive nitrous setup right?

Yea it's a nitrous cam. I liked the nitrous express switch plate hence why I got her so I'm biased. Yea I'm running a nos mini 2. I'm pretty sure I have it wired right lol. I'm gonna start at 50% with 100% comming in 3 seconds later. Atleast this will be the starting point and adjust according to how much shock the tire can take. Maybe Krambo can chime in and point me on the right direction.

Edited by GI.SS (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Dropped the truck off Sunday to have the converter put back in it. Also to have her tuned and dialed in with the nitrous. They're also gonna look over all my wiring lol there was a lot with all the accessories. Also ordered some 15x8's tonight. Now taking guesses on what she will put down on the dyno.

an american racing 15X8 out back with the same 7X7 wheel up front with a 295 60 15 outback MT et radial traction has been an issue for a while now lol but ill have more updated pics and videos when she comes home

an american racing 15X8 out back with the same 7X7 wheel up front with a 295 60 15 outback MT et radial traction has been an issue for a while now lol but ill have more updated pics and videos when she comes home

I had found a 2pc 16 or 17 for the front and almost same style but it was about 24lbs. That 17x7 is 22lbs.

I didn't end up with the drag radial I wanted but I picked up some 28x12.50 15 M/T ET streets bias plys with 3 passes on them for a heck of a deal so I'm gonna run them and see how they work. They're a very soft compound. Debating running tubes or not. Wheels should be here tomorrow or Friday. Getting closer everyday. No Word from my tuner yet about the truck. I'm super busy with training right now anyway.

I didn't end up with the drag radial I wanted but I picked up some 28x12.50 15 M/T ET streets bias plys with 3 passes on them for a heck of a deal so I'm gonna run them and see how they work. They're a very soft compound. Debating running tubes or not. Wheels should be here tomorrow or Friday. Getting closer everyday. No Word from my tuner yet about the truck. I'm super busy with training right now anyway.

Ran those many times before tubeless