GI.SS

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Well dyno numbers are in: n/a with a br7ef installed

6D63F5F9-F50C-44FB-AADE-69C6E484F7C1_zps

Numbers on nitrous aren't there yet. At first, the progressive controller wasn't working correctly, so it was acting as a wot switch and reading the voltage correctly as the x link was squeezing the numbers with erratic draw. So a regular wot switch and that's fixed. All other functions will still work. Now with the fuel side, pressure was set at 7 lbs and was functioning erratically making it almost impossible to fully use the system over 100 pills. I believe there's an issue with either the regulator or pump like something in the line clogging it. I'll have to take it apart when I get some free time. I also got the et streets mounted on the 15x8's. Ready to start making some passes and getting her dialed in. I'll grab a idle video tomorrow. Too busy today :(

Are you gonna still run the truck with the nitrous, and @ 100 are you set up tune wise to run it?

What's next to figure out the issue?

And did you decide on a tire for the front 17s?

Gotta post some pics, I'll have to order the fronts here pretty soon too.

I think the reps will have to be put to rest lol.

My trucks been sitting in the back yard pretty much since I took her to the track, I just wanna leave it on the slicks now

What I think I'm gonna do is run it exactly as it sits na. I'm gonna find out why the fuel side of my nitrous kit is giving me issues. Get it dialed in na. Move to the spray. Gonna run 200 or nothing at all lol. I have decided on a width for front yet. I know I want it to be 28" tall so prolly a 245 It has 7* pulled right now. Which I feel is safe but it's setup for spray all around. I need to get hpt so I can have different tunes set up. It's Just a chunk of change for a computer programs and cables.

My plan to fix the nitrous, is to pull apart and clean the regulator, pump, and all lines. If they're clean, gonna send them back to trey to switch out with new ones. If it still isn't fixed, I'm gonna switch to a name brand regulator that isn't deadheaded so I'd have to run a return line and bulkhead. It never ends.... I also need a fuel pressure gauge and nitrous pressure gauge. And a 255 in tank for a piece of mind.

th_7290A048-E61A-4AE9-BB90-062F947A2BCD_

Edited by GI.SS (see edit history)

Go big or go home lol

Defintley got to get some tunning software, that way you can log and adjust if needed. And have an NA tune. Sounds like you have some work ahead of you. If I get some time I'll try and look up some tire size options, as I'm gonna need to run a similar setup as well. I'll have to watch that vid on the laptop when I get home.

After having to put a new hub on my truck over the weekend, trucks been throwing a rep code. I'm pretty sure I have it licked now, but who knows electrical nightmares :( I feel like my truck idles a little high and a little rich. What should afr's be at idle and also at cruise ? Mine range from 14.0-16.0. Would changing to a tr55 for normal operation clean up and burn a little better? I have the br7ef in at the moment. I also took apart my entire standalone fuel system to clean the lines and regulator. I still need to check one more spot, but the problem I'm having is erratic fuel pressure not allowing the fuel side to function at 7lbs all the way with 200 pills. Now, my system is dead headed at the regulator, anyone else on here run something similar or can chime in on how they're set up? Fuel pump seems to operate correctly. I did find some particles and junk in the regulator but I'm convinced this isn't the issue. I wanted to go to the track this weekend but doubt I'll have time. Gotta put headers on two different gto's. Also think I'm gonna do some adjusting with the assassin bars. Anyone running them with the overload leaf still installed? Or should I just remove it? Also thinking of relocating rear shocks to be set up and down behind the axle at 10*. Shock angles in my truck are ridiculous for what I'm doing with her and aren't working correctly.

I grew up in mays landing. Stationed in nc. Bad news about the truck. Someone jumped out in front of me Thursday and took out drivers side front end. Had the dang thing a week and a half before she went back into the shop for something else! I leave Monday for 3 weeks and won't see it until I get back. Body shop Said they were gonna hook me up and take care of some other issues that I had. I'm excited to get it back and finally out some miles on it and make some passes. It's been a battle the last year with her and I'm ready to get away from this cloud.

Yea I'm bummed about the truck but it's just a bucket of bolts in the end. Good news is no more rock chips and fresh paint! I only had one weekend to go to the track and lost the window but oh well. In 20 days I'll be back and hopefully have another shot at it!