D1SCSS 2003 AWD build

D1SCSS

Yes, the "no replacement for displacement" will always ring true. But one way to achieve more displacement without changing combustion chamber dimensions, is cramming it with more boost...

Lol. Im sure the both the 408 and 370 will produce awesome power, whichever Jason may go with. Im just trying to justify my own actions of staying with the 370 rather than doing the 408. :lol: And since justins turbo 408 will be racing my tvs2300 370 here soon enough... Lol. Its gonna be interesting to see what happens.

I think that a 408 with 15 pounds of boost will make more power than a 370 with the same 15 pounds of boost...There is no way I will stay with 370 ci when it come to motor replacement. Forced induction can makeup for smaller cubic inch motors however, 15 psi on a 2.2liter motor does not have the same potential and 15psi on 7.0 liters...

I think that a 408 with 15 pounds of boost will make more power than a 370 with the same 15 pounds of boost

This is the whole point of what Brandon and I were saying. With my 408, say at 15psi makes 800hp (I am throwing a number out there), then Brandon's 370 would need like 20psi to be at 800hp. Then again I am just making numbers up for the example.

I think that a 408 with 15 pounds of boost will make more power than a 370 with the same 15 pounds of boost...There is no way I will stay with 370 ci when it come to motor replacement. Forced induction can makeup for smaller cubic inch motors however, 15 psi on a 2.2liter motor does not have the same potential and 15psi on 7.0 liters...

Yes exactly. No doubt is a 427 going to smoke a 2.2L... But NA and boost are a different animal. A 408 is a great idea, but then the money also has to be spent on your induction to bring it up to par. Justin's previous turbo was hitting max efficiency @ 14psi or so on a 370. Now if he went 408, and kept the same turbo, he'd have a 408 @ like 6psi. It'd still put down awesome power and torque regardless, but he'd probably be better off with the high boost 370, over the low boost 408. Now like Chris is saying, the 408 is a great idea, because it leaves room to grow, Even if you cant afford to get a bigger blower/turbo at the moment, run with the one you have, and crank up the boost later. In my case, having the TVS2300, I think a 370 is the perfect motor for a blower that size. I think pairing the right cubes with the right size blower yields huge gains. I definitely liked the idea of a 370 @ 20+psi. Now if I had a 4.0L Whipple, a 370 would be a terrible idea. Lol! But its all about goals. I wanted a 800-900hp low 11s truck, and built a powertrain to get me there. Anyway, you guys already know everything that ive been rambling about. :lol: Ill stop cluttering up your thread with my nonsense.

I think we are all saying the same thing!!!!lol!!!We know how to make power!!!! I've already entertained the idea of going with an F series Procharger...SSSSHHHHHHH!!! Its a secret...;-)

Great build! I dream of the day I can throw a blower at my truck.

Going wayyy back on this thread but are you still running the Z06 cam with your setup?

Is it a decent cam without requiring other mods for a stock SSS?

Great build! I dream of the day I can throw a blower at my truck.

Going wayyy back on this thread but are you still running the Z06 cam with your setup?

Is it a decent cam without requiring other mods for a stock SSS?

Thanks buddy! I am still running the Z06 cam. I like it a lot! It was a very streetable cam with and without the blower...

Thanks buddy! I am still running the Z06 cam. I like it a lot! It was a very streetable cam with and without the blower...

Did you have to do anything else when you added that cam...springs, pushrods?

• 1 month later...

Well last weekend i finally finished my Bosch 044 fuel pump with the 8AN fuel line! All I have left is to install my ID1000 injectors once I get my tune from Blackbear. The pump is a little noisier than the OEM pump, however you cannot hear it once you start the blower whine!!!! I also had a cat convertor plug up so I had to gut them both out. Now my truck I SO loud that I ordered 2 FTE resonators to help with the deep exhaust notes.

Cool build but that TVS will get raped by that turbo 408 at half the boost level.only thing the TVS might have on the turbo set up is 60' times. If your looking for 8-900hp I think you got the wrong blower for the job. Can't wait to see you guys line up.