D1SCSS 2003 AWD build

D1SCSS

So for now when you stomp on it. Don't just jump off the throttle. Slowly lift you foot. It will help to prevent compressor surge until your bigger blowoff valve comes it. Might save some damage.

• 1 month later...

I decided to get the HOB dedicated drive system for my D1. I spent the last week removing my Innovators West 8 rib pulley setup and my Procharger bracket. Its amazing how much the supercharger really helps these trucks even when you are not in boost!!!!I installed the HOB kit but I'm waiting on Procharger shims that should be arriving any day. I also just received my Injector Dynamics ID1000's! I'm hoping I will have this thing wrapped up soon and see what kind of boost my 3.5 pulley will produce!!! I'm guessing over 14!!!!We'll see..... My next project is my 2wd shortbed stepside 1958 Chevy truck. I've owed that truck since I was 15. I'm installing a corvette front suspension with a 4 link in the rear. Not sure if I'm going twin turbo or a BIG Procharger. I'm shooting for a 3000lbs truck with 1000hp! Should be a fun daily driver!!!!

Edited by D1SCSS (see edit history)

Sweet build man, you've made quick progress with everything that has been done. Did I miss what the trans upgrade(s) was?

Thanks, The transmission was upgraded by the previous owner. It has a RPM lvl 6 trans with a 2800 stall.

I am wanting to see some numbers from this thing. Track or Dyno. Hurry up already. Your almost taking as much time as me!! ;)

I don't have a dyno around my area that will work for my truck. I would love to dyno it!! My build has taken me longer than normal because it is my daily driver and I can have it down for more than 8 hours at a time..And it seems like everything is over a grand each time I work on it! Plus I keep changing my build!!!!! I'm getting close though..

I don't have a dyno around my area that will work for my truck. I would love to dyno it!! My build has taken me longer than normal because it is my daily driver and I can have it down for more than 8 hours at a time..And it seems like everything is over a grand each time I work on it! Plus I keep changing my build!!!!! I'm getting close though..

lol, it's the curse of the G...I'm pretty sure we're all familiar with it!

You know you have a problem when you aren't afraid to blow your motor because that will give you an excuse to build a stroker motor!!! That's what my frame of mind is in right now...;-)

Stroker=more volume. More volume=more boost

More volume = less resistance = less boost. Technically, the entire idea behind boost is cramming more fuel and air into the combustion chamber than it would pull in naturally, forcing it to act as if it has more displacement. A 370 @ 14.7psi is a 740cid motor :jester: And will have the HP/TQ as such.

I think the 2300 can push 25psi into a 370. Probably wouldn't get much more than 12-15psi into a 408. The CFM should stay the same with both scenarios however. You'd need a bigger compressor if you wish to make the same amount of boost in a bigger displacement engine. How do you think these Hondas are creating 900+hp with a 4 cylinder? Theyre revving them to the moon and MORE BOOST! :lol:

Yes, a 408 at 15psi will most likely yield more power than a 370 at 15psi. And I don't know the answer to this, but lets say your turbo/blower is only big enough to force 15psi into a 408, but about 25 in a smaller cubed motor like the 370? Which will yield more power? Yes, the 408 is bigger, has more torque and hp (when directly compared to one another NA), but if not matched with a compatibly sized compressor, it will make much less boost. Any ideas on which would yield more power? Goes back to the Hondas... A 408 with a turbo big enough to push 8psi might make 600/600... but a Honda with the same turbo sees 30psi and 900hp?