potato land build , 9's@140mph+ goal

idahoBLKss

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

thanks buddy.

and a lil update , got both my walbro 450's installed today . just got 2 more things i got to get done before i leave to vegas , hydro boost and boost controller but ive been debating the boost controller i might just let it eat ... lol

Edited by idahoBLKss (see edit history)

thanks buddy.

and a lil update , got both my walbro 450's installed today . just got 2 more things i got to get done before i leave to vegas , hydro boost and boost controller but ive been debating the boost controller i might just let it eat ... lol

Kinda like to see how you did your fuel pump setup. I doing the exact same setup and kinda curious if mine looks anything like yours.

didnt take any pics of the 450's in there but basically its 2 450's with -6 line that merge into y that has 2 -6 ports and one -8 exit port that goes to the fuel rail.nothing too special really , simple and to the point. if you go back on my fuel system build in the build section you can look it up and see how it is with the dual 340 i had. its pretty much the same set up just with the 450's is all. as far as wiring they each got there own positive with a fuse on each so i can test them individually (think i used 10g wire) and they share a 10g negative ground wire .

didnt take any pics of the 450's in there but basically its 2 450's with -6 line that merge into y that has 2 -6 ports and one -8 exit port that goes to the fuel rail.nothing too special really , simple and to the point. if you go back on my fuel system build in the build section you can look it up and see how it is with the dual 340 i had. its pretty much the same set up just with the 450's is all. as far as wiring they each got there own positive with a fuse on each so i can test them individually (think i used 10g wire) and they share a 10g negative ground wire .

Are they both on full-time? Or did you wire one to be boost-triggered?

Mr. P. :)

Mines a little different but does the same thing. I used two -6an bulk head fitting and plumb the two pumps separately. Once it comes out of the tank it y's to an -8an. I used my old racetronix wiring harness and spliced In a second relay so I could use a pressure switch or whatever I decide to trigger the pump.

Both are on all the time that way I know they are working and can see instantly when one isnt working on the fuel pressure gauge.

i have both my 400's on all the time also, i dont like the idea of running one and then having the other trigger on with a hobbs switch.

Told you that you would like it Jon. Get the little boost issue fixed?

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Yeah the boost leak was just a vacuum line came off too the BOV. Upon I stalling my hydro boost I noticed my crank pulley bolt was gone :-0 !so I got to locate one of those hopefully the dealership will have one on hand.