potato land build , 9's@140mph+ goal

idahoBLKss

Are you gonna run custom exhaust?

well i didnt plan on anymore exhaust then what you see in the video but its loud lol. im going to pull it out of the garage here in a couple days and see how loud it is out side but im thinking of putting something on it so i dont get pulled over by every cop that drives by me hahaa

Noo! I can't view dumb iPad can u post a actual link

for you guys that have called me and said you cant view it on your phone here is a direct link see if that works...

You're gonna need a new sig!

Sounds like it runs great! Gonna be a monster. Its a stock block, correct? How long do you expect it to hold up? You just wanted to get a 9 second pull though right? That was the goal of all this? Cant wait to see how she does. Looks like it was built very meticulously. Great work!

i totally understand what your saying,but after buying all this turbo stuff i wont have enough left over to buy or get heads ported for a while . but i would also like to get a good turbo cam along with some good flowing heads. not sure if my cam is or will be good for a turbo ( 220-224 581-581 115) . there is a guy on pt running my same cam with almost the same turbo and says it really lites up after 4k rpms. what do you guys think a good set of heads would be for a turbo set up?

i hope your right, i really dont want to build a motor.

Wouldn't you want a cam with more lift something like 620 intake lift 650 exhaust of course i am only 19 and don't know everything about it but I think more exhaust lift means more air out the back which will help spool the turbo up idk maybe im wrong, also with that cam you speak of kicking in well at 4000rpm mainly because of the size lope it has I believe your gonna need a good size lope at least 115 or 116 or 117 look up good boost cams usually there specifications are something like 640 intake lift 650 exhaust lift or 650 650 lift and heads are definitely gonna need to be well chosen and ported just right with the good set up alone of heads cam combo you should run 12 all motor with turbos maybe low 10s smaller lighter rims and drag radials all around 9s!!!!!!!! lol hope i helped a bit usually nobody bothers to help any bit around here

You're gonna need a new sig!

Sounds like it runs great! Gonna be a monster. Its a stock block, correct? How long do you expect it to hold up? You just wanted to get a 9 second pull though right? That was the goal of all this? Cant wait to see how she does. Looks like it was built very meticulously. Great work!

yeah sig needs a update for sure lol .yeah stock bottom end but i did put some arp head studs in and ls9 gaskets in last week . heads are stock also just has upgraded springs and push rods (part of the cam kit) . i dont see it failing any time soon but you never know. its just a matter of getting the tune spot on and using some common sense when driving it and i think it will be fine .i never go wot in temps over 90* or do i ever do back to back pulls , your just asking for it when you do that kind of stuff. imo i think a stock block will hold up to just as much power as a built block just a built block will give you room for error . my goal with doing this was to get a 9 second slip and hit 140mph , its a long shot but goals shouldn't be easy to hit.

when i was planning the hot pipes out , i wanted to make sure everything was accessible and was easy to get to including the waste gate . i could of hid the waste gate down and out of the way but if i wanted to change a spring i wanted it to be right there and not have to pull the whole kit or put it on jack stands to get to it. all of the bolts that connect the hot pipes to the turbo and to the headers are all accessible with a ratchet wrench and socket ! i tried to plan it all out as good as possible , thanks for the complements !

Wouldn't you want a cam with more lift something like 620 intake lift 650 exhaust of course i am only 19 and don't know everything about it but I think more exhaust lift means more air out the back which will help spool the turbo up idk maybe im wrong, also with that cam you speak of kicking in well at 4000rpm mainly because of the size lope it has I believe your gonna need a good size lope at least 115 or 116 or 117 look up good boost cams usually there specifications are something like 640 intake lift 650 exhaust lift or 650 650 lift and heads are definitely gonna need to be well chosen and ported just right with the good set up alone of heads cam combo you should run 12 all motor with turbos maybe low 10s smaller lighter rims and drag radials all around 9s!!!!!!!! lol hope i helped a bit usually nobody bothers to help any bit around here

to get the absolute most out of your set up you are probably right a good turbo cam and a nice set of heads would be great. but at this point im done putting money into this thing. seems like allot of guys run stock 317 heads and get great power out of them, same with stock cams.

Yeah. The stock 317 flow great. Zippy told me to save my money when I told him I wanted to p&p mine. I'm sure you're right about a stock block. They'll hold up to a lot of power. It's all in the tune. Detonation will kill a block, whether its forged or not. Head studs were a good call. That's gonna be one fun truck!

Everything looks nice besides that a/c line and your socks...lol

should of gotten a cam from jarret/stock48, but yours def wont hurt it, good luck on 9s, with that heavy beast your gonna need all the luck you can get..! :troll:

So I had to make my rounds to all my friends and give out rides this weekend but nothing WOT yet mainly 1/4-1/3 throttle playing as I was just logging here and there to send off to my tunner to get things dialed in. All I got to say so far is WOW! Even at say 1/3 throttle it takes a good 3 seconds then turbo whistles and before I know it its hitting 12 psi and thats keeping it light throttle! I'll be straight up im scared to smash the peddle on this thing lol. Also from a stop if I hold the brake it will get to the 1psi mark and the truck will creep forward, if I put hydro boost on will I be able to build more boost off the link e before it starts rolling?