potato land build , 9's@140mph+ goal

idahoBLKss

Yeah the boost leak was just a vacuum line came off too the BOV. Upon I stalling my hydro boost I noticed my crank pulley bolt was gone :-0 !so I got to locate one of those hopefully the dealership will have one on hand.

Ha so at least Im not the only one who lost a crank pulley bolt. happened to me once.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah the boost leak was just a vacuum line came off too the BOV. Upon I stalling my hydro boost I noticed my crank pulley bolt was gone :-0 !so I got to locate one of those hopefully the dealership will have one on hand.

your not really gona used a oem crank bolt are u

Yeah I used a OEM one , what's wrong with those?

Lil update also : after inspecting a lil closer I noticed piston #4 isn't coming to the top of the bore at the top of the stroke so I'm thinking I got a bent rod :-( motor will be pulled out in the next couple days and more then likely replaced with a lq4 I got laying around with all my good stuff from my other motor. I will start to build my other block piece by piece or might start a lsx build and peice my other motor out still kinda in the air about it.

This is what it looks like at the top of the stroke, its about an 1/8" from being flush where it should be...

IMG_20131020_180735_958_zpsa63a93a9.jpg

How the hell do you loose a crank bolt? lol

I TQ'ed my ARP crank bolt to 250 ft/lbs and it ain't going anywhere.

When you start making real power weird stuff starts happening like losing crank bolts ,water pump pulleys start disapearing, belts snap in half , Intake charge piping puts dents in your hood , presurize your coolant system to where your radiator cracks and leaks coolant all kinds of cool stuff like that and yes I'm speaking from Expearance lol.

When you start making real power weird stuff starts happening like losing crank bolts ,water pump pulleys start disapearing, belts snap in half , Intake charge piping puts dents in your hood , presurize your coolant system to where your radiator cracks and leaks coolant all kinds of cool stuff like that and yes I'm speaking from Expearance lol.

Well, guess I will look out for that in my race truck. But it is not boosted, just a nasty large cube N/A build.

Sounds crazy though! lol

• 2 weeks later...

well little update , got the motor apart and found a cracked piston ... out of cylinder #4

IMG_20131027_123949_021_zps8b6dc30f.jpg

and two bent rods .. #4 on top #2 on bottom

IMG_20131027_123854_145_zps885db687.jpg

good thing is block appears to be good and will more then likely be the donor block for the 408, it would be sweet to know its the original block from day 1 still powering it . so off to bigger and better things. so the plan now is to build a 408 with ported lsa heads and a holley hi ram intake with a turbo cam . i did acquirer a lq4 in the process that i was going to put in the truck that i opened up to take a look and seems to be good so i might be selling that here soon would make a good builder or bolt it together and see if it runs , not sure i got it off craigslist . i will be selling my other stuff that i em replacing .

Edited by idahoBLKss (see edit history)

This might be early in the process, but I have been looking at new intakes. The high rise Holley is for higher rpm than the mid rise, so Holley says. I have no experience with these intakes. I was considering the mid rise because I want to keep my shifts down around 6200. So depending on what your cam calls for, do you think it would really matter on the high rise since you are boosted?

Vic jr that SOB #becauseracetruck

^This....this is interesting. I got to help a guy up here, well basically I just watched. Put a vic jr. intake on his truck that has a vortec on it. It runs awesome. might be a concideration. I am concidering the two holleys (mid rise, high rise), edelbrock xt (probably not), vic jr. and the fast(which I think is over priced). I want to figure out my cam range first. I am watching what you decide. This should be interesting.