SS poster

jovanny

Just a quick scan back through this thread I count four people who have this poster framed not including stitches... So the question is who is willing to take theirs outta the frame and make some copies for us poor fellows like me who have bare spots in the garage with no awesome SSS poster to hang up??

I honestly was one of the bidders for this in the start. I wanted to make everyone that wanted one a poster. Then some moral got me. This poster is some designers work. They would not be receiving any money from the project, which is not much different that copying money. Its a fake. And if they wanted to, could press charges. I don't see that being a problem, but it is a possibility for who over did make copies. I have been in the design industry for some time now, and work in a newspaper office every day of my life (but weekends) and this happens all the time.

But after you purchase something isn't it yours to do what you wish with it? I don't see how they could press charges? But I know nothing of these laws, I'm just asking.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Jddmj, you might be able to shed more light with your background in the newspaper industry... And I might be way far off here... But I can't imagine these posters being regarded the same way as say movie posters or dvds or music cds. Meaning I am thinking the artist who designed these probably got paid a set amount for the design 10 years ago and has completely forgotten about this project. Either way I highly doubt there is some royalty program in place for something that was probably never meant to be sold in the first place. Anyways if nobody wants to pursue this, I am not going to beg someone to do this, although it would be a nice thing to have but really not a huge deal...

Think the difference is when you start printing these off for a profit...

Printing 10-15 to close knit guys like on here that are just looking to hang them up in there garage should be fine, it's not an important enough item to spend over $100 on. That money could be used for go fast parts/mods etc...

Ill bid $100 rite now if I win I will print them to guys on here only and have the numbers blocked out.

All you guys interested in one like i am, keep your fingers crossed

To each their own. Chevrolet and the bowtie are registered trade marks of Chevrolet. Duplicating that logo is what is illegal. Do I think that charges will be pressed by Chevrolet for copying that logo? No. Do I think everyone should have this poster? Yes. I am currently getting prices together for maybe another poster that would be designed by myself to which would be a whole new animal all together. Either way, somebody would end up with a good looking poster for there man cave, living room, or garage.

These things are looking like baseball cards and like cars at auction this one is kinda setting the to date value.

Like what's this car worth well one similar sold last month at auction for x amount of dollars so anyone that bought these years ago for 10-20 bucks made a smart investment

Its gotta be worth more for us guys with black trucks. LoL the second one might help get your asking price for your truck like give me this price and ill through in this poster with the truck that just sold for this much on eBay. Even though it would be nice to see it run 1 more time at LVD but a 3/4 Denali is 1 bad mofo so can't argue there

Edited by Aldofashow (see edit history)

These things are looking like baseball cards and like cars at auction this one is kinda setting the to date value.

Like what's this car worth well one similar sold last month at auction for x amount of dollars so anyone that bought these years ago for 10-20 bucks made a smart investment

Just cause something sold at auction for a certain price doesnt mean that its "worth" that