SS poster

jovanny

I really don't see what the big deal is about making copy's with the number out of number covered up if GM cared they would still be making the trucks still.

The only one thats gonna wanna pay any good money for these posters are the owners of the trucks besides that the average person would think your on some good drugs paying over 100 bucks for a poster.

And it would be illegal if GM gave to cents about the poster but its 11 years old they have better things to worry about now a days then an 11 year old poster of a truck they don't even make anymore I was bidding on it and planned on making copy's to resale here to get some of the money back but a snowmobile trip to rangley Maine was more important to me plus my kids probably would've found a way to accidently kill the thing as it hung in glory so a copy would be better for me.

So when someone stops acting like a little girl and mans up and makes copy's ill take 2 i think 20 bucks a piece for copy's is a good asking price with a number out of number covered up.

People have been sampling music and pictures for years without penalties good example the flying bobby Orr poster is one of the most copied picture in sports there in almost every sports bars and man cave in boston and I'm sure Michael Jordan has many copied pictures as well yet I have never heard of any normal person being charged for it cause nobody cares....................

mid12s I think you are missing the concept of what people are asking for here... We (at least myself) are not looking for copies because we are cheap. These are clearly rare in a sense that they were not massed produced and I'm sure over half of them have been thrown away, destroyed, etc.... It's simply the fact that the only way for all of us enthusiasts to have a cool little piece of SSS memorabilia would be to take one of the few posters that hasn't been destroyed or thrown away (as I am sure a WHOLE LOT of them were) and make copies for everyone else... I read a thread from 2005 where people were getting these as gifts when buying brand new trucks. some numbered, some not numbered. Clearly these were never created with the intent to be a valuable piece of art... the only reason Stiches poster sold for as much as it did is because there are a few people who clearly have way too much money. I would consider those individuals the exception, not the standard. For the guys who think copies would devalue the real ones, I am sorry but these will never be worth more than 150 bucks or so, hell it will probably go down once all the SSS are totaled or finally bought by people who plan on keeping them forever. Nobody is asking for copies to start slinging on the black market to turn a profit or 'devalue' the real ones. Although I don't even think the real ones are all that valuable nor will they increase too much in value over the years... this is more a case of a bunch of enthusiasts who would like a cool looking poster made after their baby to hang in their man cave, garage, etc...

oh and btw I am offering to pay 135 bucks for one in mint condition if anyone feels that's a good enough offer.

:lol: I'm just stirring the pot.. I really don't care what you do. I just find it amusing how everyone is arguing whether to copy or not to copy, when you don't have a poster to do anything with anyways.. But I still feel creating counterfeits would be dumb. I don't see a copy as "memorabilia". I'll buy a real one when another one surfaces for sale.

I hear ya. There are a lot of things I think people pay way too much money for and overvalue (NNBS intake for example... when being sold as a performance part they are worth 200-300, even 400 bucks but when being bought as a replacement item for a stock application they can be had for waaaayyyyyy less)... to each his own. I guess I can't really talk too much because I've paid over 200 bucks for a pair of shoes that were like 75 dollars when they came out in 2001...Now do I think they will ever be worth more than I paid? No, but to me I guess it was worth it at the time LOL... I can see both sides of the coin in regards to this and honestly if copying posters is our biggest moral dilemma I think we are finally getting closer to where we should be as a society.

:pepsicheer:

I think anything over $50 for any poster is ridiculous. They might be numbered, but arent anything other than a GM photo on poster paper.... Maybe Ill make a poster from the GM Silverado brochure booklet the dealers used to have and sell them $100 a crack and call them rare. If these posters were worth anything do you think the dealers would give them away? No, They would try to make whatever they could off of them.

Wow this thread has gone a long way lol

I gotta look for mine, I remember getting a nice frame for it and leaving it in the garage next to the ISS R/C but never hung it. And I haven't seen it in the garage lately. I guess the copies would take away from "that special thought of having something limited" lol, I care cuz I have one somewhere idk of anymore lol, and then I just don't care cuz it'll make other enthusiast happy. I think mine had a bend or something that came that way from zippy. I guess if I find it I can look into getting copies if they would come out looking decent.

I have zero artistic ability. My 1/1 would be an embarrassment and a disgrace to my truck. I'd rather buy a professionally designed copy. Or if someone wants to get creative and make one I'd probably buy that as well.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk