SS poster

jovanny

I agree, having a copy infringement brought against someone who copies this posters not going to happen unless they are being sold as originals. Even if that were the case, you honestly think a GM rep is going to be searching for someone who is copying these and stating they are originals? Or even a GM lawyer?? NO... As long as they are being sold and documented as duplicates there is no issue. I have had posters copied and sold them to friends, In my opinion GM has better things to do than look for posters. There not going to waste the money or effort even if they copies were deemed as originals.

I say get some copies going, block out the production if you like and state they are not originals and are only copies. If someone is skeptical on doing this, I will do it myself. I just need a way to copy the poster so its the right size without the image becoming distorted.

Its more of an expression I've heard many times over the years your right

I collect antique oil and gas specifically Skelly Oil & Gas and you would be mind boggled by auction prices. Its absolutly rediculous. Auctions are for who wants it the most and who has the deepest pockets. I have seen some I have bought over the years that I paid about net worth or a little more than what I should of just cause I wanted it. Then see the same thing in worse shape go for literally 10x!

Net worth is a completly different game

Its a hard one. I'm debating how much something like this is really worth to me. Yes it is cool. but sometimes I tend to over spend if its something I really want. On a side note these ae like the silverado SS R/C trucks. sometimes bidding could go crazy. dont ask me how I know since I have now bought two of them . still in the box sitting in the office. :jester:

As much as I really wanted the poster, the current price is too high. : ( I wanted to hang it in my office, not a garage. Maybe another one will pop up some other time thats a realistic price. In the 10yrs owning my SS, I never saw one of these posters till this post.

Edited by cwest94 (see edit history)

As much as I really wanted the poster, the current price is too high. : ( I wanted to hang it in my office, not a garage. Maybe another one will pop up some other time thats a realistic price. In the 10yrs owning my SS, I never saw one of these posters till this post.

I truly forgot I even had them, until this thread was posted ... Then I was like, Oh Yeah, I have a couple of those ... Somewhere ... Lol

First time I saw them was at the 1st Zippy event. Guy who was on the development team for the SSS was there handing them out. Free. I got #s 23, 24 & 25. Sold 2 and I'm keeping the last one. Already framed and hanging.

First time I saw them was at the 1st Zippy event. Guy who was on the development team for the SSS was there handing them out. Free. I got #s 23, 24 & 25. Sold 2 and I'm keeping the last one. Already framed and hanging.

Holy Crap ... Long time no see Bob ... Glad your still here !!!

Its because people see that its numbered and think its going to be worth tons of money.

Wait... What? You mean it's not going to be worth a ton of money someday?... Shaun, if you could please revoke my bid of $15,000 I'd greatly appreciate it.