Heartland Park Topeka Baseline

rcapone

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was the D/A?

Any input on the 60' times from anyone? He's at around a 2.1-2.2, running a 3300 stall and AWD. What do AWD trucks with 60e's and about same stall run 60' wise?

Wondering if maybe the 80e gearing has anything to do with it?

Anyways good runs, mph is good too, and low 14s was my guess.

What was the D/A?

Any input on the 60' times from anyone? He's at around a 2.1-2.2, running a 3300 stall and AWD. What do AWD trucks with 60e's and about same stall run 60' wise?

Wondering if maybe the 80e gearing has anything to do with it?

Anyways good runs, mph is good too, and low 14s was my guess.

Sorry but I don't know what D/A means :blush: I do realize weather conditions and elevation effect race times, so I'm assuming D/A has something to do with that. It was 48 degrees and that Race Track is 1059 feet above sea level.

Edited by L8ERBRO (see edit history)

1.8 60'

So you figure .2 tenths for ever .1 loss in the 60', and if you can turn a 1.8-1.9 60' that'll have you in the 13.5-13.7 range.

Either wheel spin but you have AWD, or the gearing in the 80e is slowing it down.

Work on getting the 60's down and the et will come down too.

Were you brake stalling the converter or flashing?

No brake stalling - I just stomped on it from an idle. Guess I should have at least tested a different method, but just never thought of it at the time - probably because it was my first time at the track and was maybe a little too excited. :crazy:

I for sure have no wheel spin and I know it's the 80's gearing, so how would I work on getting the 60' time down? Is that something Zippy can address?

Good times

Listening to your launch......I really think you wont be disapointed in that converter after the blower. Someone might call my BS.....but I would put a bill on decent 60fts and times after that listening to the take off.

I say this because it seems like it bogs down quite bit when you launch. That positive displacement blower will flash that converter a lot hotter. Much hotter actually.

Glad you had fun. Also remember...when you are at the track trying to get a baseline it doenst matter who you are racing. Dont worry about that tree. You could sit at the starting line for 4 hours then take off and your time will be the same. Reaction times are only for bracket racing. Work on your 60ft times and different ways to launch to see what works best for your setup. That isnt what test and tune is really for. Its not about "racing" whoever is in the next lane, its about seeing what works and what doesnt for your ride.

You see guys get butt hurt on dyno numbers and track times all the time. Modding isnt bolting on and go. Thats why they call it "test and tune". Get a baseline and go from there.

Well, I will say there are a few things I can do next time in addition to testing a brake stall. I actually didn't have my Volant Ram Air tube - it's on order and I should be getting either this or next week. Secondly, I could take my tailgate off and third, I had right at 1/2 tank of gas. I think with those few changes, I might be able to get to high 13's

...And I did tell Chris I would wait to see how the converter acts once I get the blower on, so that's the plan. I really do like the top end power it helps me make right now.

Edited by L8ERBRO (see edit history)

That "ram air" tube isnt gonna make that much of a difference. It might in a cooler day like what you had, but really its next to nill. Think about it. That intake on the air tube is closer to the ground. Heat rises. On a hot day you are taking the hottest temps from the track and right in the tube. The logic is great, but I dont believe in it.

Tailgate, sure. You can take it off. But are you gonna tell ol boy on the west side of 435 "hey hold off, let me take my tailgate off before we race" Run it as it is.

Im not saying fill the gas tank full, or have 2 15 inch subs in the back with dual amps with car seats. But just run it. For what you are trying to do you need to run it like you would on the street. Once you get your truck up to what you feel comforatable, then start to take off these small things to mabye cut a time a little quicker for time slip purposes.

Do you have any vids of your truck at the track? I probably missed them.

But in my last car I had best 60' results from flashing the converter, so when I had the slicks on the track for the first time I started with flashing the converter. So since it's a test and tune like mentioned, don't worry about a reaction time it makes zero difference and your not there to race the guy in the other lane, you leave when your ready.

So me personally with the SS I had best results brake stalling the converter.

Give it a try next time and see how high you can stall it without the truck rocking forward and hold it till your ready and just leave. If the truck spins then try stalling it lower on the next run.

Randy just like Brian is saying drive that baby how you drive it. My past I posted is full weight and 1/2 tank of fuel. If you wanna oh for the fastest time you can get to say hay I banged out a 13's take out the back seat tail gate change wheels stuff like that. I stall mine up by ear never even look at Rpms. I spin very little at our track here but I'm Awd also. GL man.

Do you have any vids of your truck at the track? I probably missed them.

But in my last car I had best 60' results from flashing the converter, so when I had the slicks on the track for the first time I started with flashing the converter. So since it's a test and tune like mentioned, don't worry about a reaction time it makes zero difference and your not there to race the guy in the other lane, you leave when your ready.

So me personally with the SS I had best results brake stalling the converter.

Give it a try next time and see how high you can stall it without the truck rocking forward and hold it till your ready and just leave. If the truck spins then try stalling it lower on the next run.

Yes, I'll try that next time...also I posted a vid of my first run on the previous page

Thanks for the advice guys!

Nice times, but I am confused....Stock SS trucks beat lightnings all the time, and yours is modded. :jester: :popcorn:

Didn't you read his message? LOL He had her beat until the end she walked past him...You are 100% corrrect stockish SSS's beat lightnings all the time, Just not in the 1/4mile... In the 1/8th and stop light to stop light yes... We have the all wheel drive advantage and roughly the same amount of TQ... If they had there track tires on and hook up it would be tough to beat them with bolt ons, but who runs slicks everywhere they go lol... my .02

BTW, nice run Randy... You got an awesome start to a wicked ride once that TVS slides its way under your hood :devil:

Edited by 2003_SuperSport (see edit history)

Didn't you read his message? LOL He had her beat until the end she walked past him...You are 100% corrrect stockish SSS's beat lightnings all the time, Just not in the 1/4mile... In the 1/8th and stop light to stop light yes... We have the all wheel drive advantage and roughly the same amount of TQ... If they had there track tires on and hook up it would be tough to beat them with bolt ons, but who runs slicks everywhere they go lol... my .02

BTW, nice run Randy... You got an awesome start to a wicked ride once that TVS slides its way under your hood :devil:

Thanks James. I think Shaun's being sarcastic referring to a recent thread a new guy posted that just bought a totally stock SSS and claims to have whipped a Lightning on the highway.

I'm really curious to see what my ram air tube does or doesn't do - just got confirmation I'll be receiving it tomorrow. SO, I think I'm heading back up to Topeka this Saturday for another round of test and tune... #1 - I got my HD camera figured out and wanted to get some more vids 2 - I wanted to see what my ram air tube does to my times 3 - I wanted to get some brake stall runs in to see what that does. The great thing is the weather conditions are supposed to be close to identical so after I test these things, I think I'll have a true baseline established.

Thanks James. I think Shaun's being sarcastic referring to a recent thread a new guy posted that just bought a totally stock SSS and claims to have whipped a Lightning on the highway.

I'm really curious to see what my ram air tube does or doesn't do - just got confirmation I'll be receiving it tomorrow. SO, I think I'm heading back up to Topeka this Saturday for another round of test and tune... #1 - I got my HD camera figured out and wanted to get some more vids 2 - I wanted to see what my ram air tube does to my times 3 - I wanted to get some brake stall runs in to see what that does. The great thing is the weather conditions are supposed to be close to identical so after I test these things, I think I'll have a true baseline established.

a LOT of this