Heartland Park Topeka Baseline

rcapone

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You were right lane? My time should look really close to left lane if I ever get a chance to run a 1/4 lol. Nice run.

Thanks, yeah I was right lane. I can't say I'm impressed since that run was 14.500 and my best was 14.413 - right at .2 slower than last week with the ram air tube this week...guess it didn't make a difference at all

And no mph gain either, usually you can see about a 2mph gain with a ram air setup. I've seen it with another car and I've talked to other guys at the track how have see a 2mph gain.

I wanna fab up something simalr to the Volant and test it out.

Did you try brake stalling the truck?

And no mph gain either, usually you can see about a 2mph gain with a ram air setup. I've seen it with another car and I've talked to other guys at the track how have see a 2mph gain.

I wanna fab up something simalr to the Volant and test it out.

Did you try brake stalling the truck?

Yes, my first run was a full brake stall and produced the best time from the slip I posted - no wheel spin and engine stalled out at 3,250 rpms. Although my reaction time was a little slow at .668 it was my first time doing that and didn't want to red-light. My only other run is from the video I posted where I just stomped on the throttle from an idle (just as I had done last week for every single run) That produced my slowest time of 14.500 @ 95.79 mph and 2.224 60'

So I guess when you compare apples to apples from last week's temp of 48 degrees and no ram air tube to today's run at 60 degrees with ram air tube, I'm right at .3 slower AND about 2mph slower!! ...Oh yeah, I only had 1/4 tank of fuel this week too and 1/2 last week!

Edited by L8ERBRO (see edit history)

As long as you had fun out there man. And just keep trying it out, once your done modding it as long as you can have a consultant truck I think you'll be happy

It was a great time...just wish there weren't so many track problems so I could have got more runs in. Here's my first run getting spanked by a Mustang...

http://s1359.photobucket.com/user/randyc/media/SpankedbyaStang_zpsc65f8e52.mp4.html?sort=3&o=0

Edited by L8ERBRO (see edit history)

That's right unless your bracket racing or racing in some class your reaction time means nothing.

For whatever reason (not saying you do) a lot of people think that they're reaction time has to do with what the 1/4 mile or any times recorded. If you leave at .000 R/T or 10 mins R/T your truck is still gonna get a time for what it runs. Example if you leave at 10 mins r/t your time won't be 10 mins and 14secs, it'll be just the exact 14 seconds it took from time your tires moved. So just make sure you leave when your ready, and that's when the clock starts.

Sorry if to much info or if it sounds like I'm ranting lol

Thanks, yeah I was right lane. I can't say I'm impressed since that run was 14.500 and my best was 14.413 - right at .2 slower than last week with the ram air tube this week...guess it didn't make a difference at all

Lots of things change from week to week I've ran 8.9 to 8.5 all on the same setup with only weather changing. Don't be discouraged bro lots of variables. You will be fine.

........dont worry about your reaction time. It doesnt mean anything on that time slip.

And im tellin ya that tube doesnt mean a thing for performance

You seem to have been right about the ram air tube but I'm thinking I should probably keep it on because it does allow more air into the box. Maybe after the blower goes on a snow meth injection would be the way to go to cool things down even more.

Your my favorite turd, I wouldnt shitcha

The theory sounds good, but that ship had sailed many many moons ago

If I remember correctly, it actually hurts performance slightly when it gets hot out because of my previous statements

Your my favorite turd, I wouldnt shitcha

The theory sounds good, but that ship had sailed many many moons ago

If I remember correctly, it actually hurts performance slightly when it gets hot out because of my previous statements

I wouldn't doubt that - seems like sound logic. I think BlownSST had a good idea with relocating it with a custom tube IF there's somewhere to relocate to.

On a different note, I was reading up on meth injection, and more importantly, getting ready to order my 2300 soon and thinking I want to go polished. Where did you get your meth reservoir so I can polish it to match the blower?

On a different note, I was reading up on meth injection, and more importantly, getting ready to order my 2300 soon and thinking I want to go polished. Where did you get your meth reservoir so I can polish it to match the blower?

You wont regret spending the extra money to get it polished. Thats gonna be killer

And I never had a methenol tank. I ran nitrous

You wont regret spending the extra money to get it polished. Thats gonna be killer

And I never had a methenol tank. I ran nitrous

Sorry, it's been a while since I've looked at your build thread but there was so much bling under your hood, I just assumed you had one