Heartland Park Topeka Baseline

rcapone

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Brian. Yeah, she's not quite dialed in yet because the AFR is off. It's consistently flash stalling just under 3k, like 2950 if I remember, and trust me, I told PI to make the tightest converter possible for my setup.

lol, it's funny how everyone notices those damn mud flaps but me. They were on the truck when I bought it and I keep forgetting to take them off!

I agree with Brian you need more stall... Probably in the tuning... I have a 3000 Stall in my truck and with the radix and mods I am stalling around 3300-3500 at launch... Before tweaking the tune it was stalling around 2500 but now it lights the tires and rips out of the hole... Try to get it flashing higher and you will be impressed...

Well pulling the trans for a 3rd time to change the stall isn't an option for me right now since my Brother got transferred and I don't have a lift to work on it anymore. I think my next best option is to put some smaller rims and tires on it for the track next spring. I'm guessing that would shave .2 off my 60'. As stated earlier, the 305/40/22's are hurting me. Once Lonnie finishes my e85 double pumper fuel bucket so I can get the tune dialed in AND change out the 3.3 to a 2.7 blower pulley, hopefully I'll hit mid to low 11's

are you spinning off the line? because those are horrible 60' times for a top mount... lol . how much boost is it making off the brake/stall ?

Not sure. I hope you're doing better Jon, I'll say a prayer for you.

Edited by L8ERBRO (see edit history)

Well pulling the trans for a 3rd time to change the stall isn't an option for me right now since my Brother got transferred and I don't have a lift to work on it anymore. I think my next best option is to put some smaller rims and tires on it for the track next spring. I'm guessing that would shave .2 off my 60'. As stated earlier, the 305/40/22's are hurting me. Once Lonnie finishes my e85 double pumper fuel bucket so I can get the tune dialed in AND change out the 3.3 to a 2.7 blower pulley, hopefully I'll hit mid to low 11's

Just check your stall lock up... I used my hptuners software to determine my stall wasnt locking up at my requested flash... When doing a log take the truck out on a open stretch and start from the dig... Do a brake stall up to about 1500 rpms and hold while scanning and stomp on the gas while releasing brake run up to 100mph... do it a couple times then go to your scan and read it... you'll see the mph go from 0-5mph and when the stall hits your mph will climb in less than .5 seconds to above 15mph... Where the truck starts moving above 0-5mph is where your stall locks up... Mine was doing it at 2500-2700 so therfor I knew my stall flash was off... I had it retuned and the stall then hit a 3400-3600 now... I have a 3000 stall in my truck but due to the supercharger and other mods it stalls higher... Your stall should be the same if not higher if you have a 3000 stall or more... Its worth looking into and I dont think its your current converter... good luck If you have Hptuners I can send you one of my scans so you can see what I mean on reading your stall...

Just check your stall lock up... I used my hptuners software to determine my stall wasnt locking up at my requested flash... When doing a log take the truck out on a open stretch and start from the dig... Do a brake stall up to about 1500 rpms and hold while scanning and stomp on the gas while releasing brake run up to 100mph... do it a couple times then go to your scan and read it... you'll see the mph go from 0-5mph and when the stall hits your mph will climb in less than .5 seconds to above 15mph... Where the truck starts moving above 0-5mph is where your stall locks up... Mine was doing it at 2500-2700 so therfor I knew my stall flash was off... I had it retuned and the stall then hit a 3400-3600 now... I have a 3000 stall in my truck but due to the supercharger and other mods it stalls higher... Your stall should be the same if not higher if you have a 3000 stall or more... Its worth looking into and I dont think its your current converter... good luck If you have Hptuners I can send you one of my scans so you can see what I mean on reading your stall...

Ok well, I'm basing my flash stall off how Chris from Circle D told me how to do it - from a dig and no brake stall the flash stall is the rpm reading between 3 - 5 mph. If that's the case, then I'm flash stalling right at 2947 on the first log from my track run.

1st log from the track: from a dig and no brake stall looking on the HPT chart log, @ 4 mph = 2947 rpms. Now, there is a slight bump in the green line (mph) when looking at the chart just after that. The peak of the small bump in the line is 14 mph @ 3380 rpms. I could be wrong, but doesn't the green bump = converter lockup? The second bump in the green mph line occurs at 103 mph and 4540 rpms on the log

2nd log from the track: Tried a brake stall - looking at the HPT log I stalled the truck up to 1899 rpms, 0 mph, stomped on the gas, let off the brake and @ 2 mph I was at 2564 rpms, at 6 mph I was at 3230 rpms and then the slight bump in the green line is @ 17mph and 3540 rpms

Not sure. I hope you're doing better Jon, I'll say a prayer for you.

thanks man, yeah doing allot better now about half way threw my treatments now. yeah those big rims are not helping for sure i didnt even think about that. what does your rim tires weight together?

You cut the same 60ft times I do. Def look into some lighter wheels. Those wheels gotta be heavy. Mine are damn heavy. Truck is looking and running great Randy.

Thanks Jason, I have to admit she has come a long way over the first year I've owned it - Nov. 4 will be our 1yr. anniversary! :)

I actually never weighed the rims and tires before they were installed, but I do know the UPS ticket said the rims were 50lbs. each when delivered. I would guess the tires weigh 20 - 30lbs...maybe 75 each total??

I think there are a couple of reasons why I'm having such a hard time spinning outta the hole: #1 is the 80e's gearing and #2 is the taller and wider tires I'm running. Does anyone know what the smallest diameter rim I can run with stock brakes, or have suggestions for what to run that would increase my times? I know when I upgrade to a Wilwood big brake system, I'm pretty much locked into running at least 20's I think, but it would be nice to find a set of smaller wheels and tires for one last track season.

if you were closer I would let you use my M&H RACEMASTERS P275 55 R16 I have stock brakes.....last night I went to Island dragways and on my first run on my racemasters I went 1.553 60' ft. 7.097 @ 1/8 mile and 11.172 in 1/4 mile then track shut me down [no roll bar]

no, just ice ,I had 5 more degrees of timing to but in her but track shut me down ps I still did not spray any nitrous yet :peelout:

I'm assuming you're running some sort of ice box then? Can you send me a link to your setup...I'd love to install one on mine. My IAT's were at 117 just before my runs

DADS,intercoolers tanks goes were 2nd battery would go holds 2 bags of ice and water, out of tank into pump and right back into SC.and out to two aftercoolers with 2- 8"cooling fans ......last night IAT'S started at 80 degrees and at end of run 108 degrees. outside temps .where around 55 degrees