Heartland Park Topeka Baseline

rcapone

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Just check your stall lock up... I used my hptuners software to determine my stall wasnt locking up at my requested flash... When doing a log take the truck out on a open stretch and start from the dig... Do a brake stall up to about 1500 rpms and hold while scanning and stomp on the gas while releasing brake run up to 100mph... do it a couple times then go to your scan and read it... you'll see the mph go from 0-5mph and when the stall hits your mph will climb in less than .5 seconds to above 15mph... Where the truck starts moving above 0-5mph is where your stall locks up... Mine was doing it at 2500-2700 so therfor I knew my stall flash was off... I had it retuned and the stall then hit a 3400-3600 now... I have a 3000 stall in my truck but due to the supercharger and other mods it stalls higher... Your stall should be the same if not higher if you have a 3000 stall or more... Its worth looking into and I dont think its your current converter... good luck If you have Hptuners I can send you one of my scans so you can see what I mean on reading your stall...

Your converter does not lock up at 5mph. His tuning is just fine. He simply doesn't have enough torque yet to make the gearing in the 4L80E work for him. Next time out he will likely be making another 100 ftlbs or more of torque and get him rolling much better. You do not tune a stall into a converter. If you gained stall speed from tuning that simply means you had a tuning problem in the first place.

Your converter does not lock up at 5mph. His tuning is just fine. He simply doesn't have enough torque yet to make the gearing in the 4L80E work for him. Next time out he will likely be making another 100 ftlbs or more of torque and get him rolling much better. You do not tune a stall into a converter. If you gained stall speed from tuning that simply means you had a tuning problem in the first place.

Thanks for the clarity :). That's just what my frame rate showed on the graph that the stall didn't peak until the truck was at about 5mph... Pretty sure its a slower frame rate or lag from what the truck is doing and what my laptop is recording idk... What I noticed with before my retune that the trans limits were set around the 600's and after my retune they were maxed... Maybe that was the problem with my truck not stalling right in the past...

Edited by 2003_SuperSport (see edit history)