The Storm

rcapone

Yeah man! Trucks pretty quick! As soon as you start doing your cam, heads, and exhaust, you'll be mid to low 12s no problem. Especially when you start pulling down and watching that boost gauge go up. :peelout:

Wow truck sounds really good! Nice work, congrats!

Thanks Matt! Yeah, I have to admit it does sound pretty tough - I'm really happy with it :D

I had guessed high 12's to low 13's and I think I could have made the high 12's with better/cooler conditions. Plus, I'm not even sure where I'm at boost wise since I haven't installed any of my gauges yet, I'm guessing only 4 to 6psi right now. Currently my injectors are totally maxed out at 103% and need to get some 80's before that 3.4" pulley goes on. I would hope to be mid 12's once that happens and of course a bigger TB

Does anyone have suggestions AND knows what size/part number will fit under my fuel rail for 80lb injectors?

Edited by L8ERBRO (see edit history)

I'd say with the new pulley injectors and tb it will Deff wake it up. What did zippy say about the stall? If you can get it off the line better it would really pic a lot of time up. I would think it should be in the 1.6 range or so. Once it gets dialed it gets dialed in it will be a neck snapper lol :)

Yeah, Zippy told me the high stall is really hurting me AND will continue to go higher once the boost goes up and all other go fast parts start going on. I'm just really disappointed Circle D was off by so much, I've already expressed my opinion on this so we'll just leave it at that!

I have to admit, I was pretty disappointed with the 1.9 60' and you were right Jason, it doesn't really get going till the top of 1st gear. I've pretty much decided to send back the Circle D and go with the PI 2800 - just totally sucks I have to pull out that trans again for someone else's mistake on a custom built converter :sigh:

Build looks awesome Randy!!!! I need numbers if you get an AWD dyno setup LOL... Also with the stall and TVS can you break the front tires loose at launch???? One more thing I noticed about your setup that would help out tremendously and only set you back $300-$400... Get a true 90mm LS3 throttle body and x-link... That puny 78mm is way too small for that monster TVS, like drinking a milk shake through a bar straw. The TBSS 87mm or LS3 90mm minimum and you won't regret it, much crisper throttle response... Also watch your IAT's I know the TVS in way more efficient than my old mp112 but if you are constantly over ambiant I would consider Meth for two reasons. 1.) I have first hand experience with data ogs showing a average drop and constantly lower IAT's while spraying under boost... I talking 40-50* with a 2.8" pulley... Plus the IAT's climb at a much lower rate... #2.) The added octane at 50/50 or 75/25 is a awesome barrier for extra knock protection and will allow a few more degrees of timing under boost rpm levels... For every degree of advance is said to be 1-2%HP increase... So on a 500HP motor running 5 degrees advanced which is an example only...you will pick up 10-50HP's which is the reason meth in itself is not a power adder just allowing you to run a higher advance and at the same time the engine is not pulling as much timing in return due to lower IAT's On a 80* day running IAT's of 180* and higher your engine will be pulling timing taking the horspower you already have as much as 50HP's...

(This is an example only so dont bust it up) Think of it this way you build a motor and add up an educated estimate on what each mod gives you... Like a stock motor 345hp plus TVS 130hp plus efans freeing up 5hp, full exhaust with headers 30hp you get 510hp's... Now you loose 50hp's of it due to high 180* IAT's and timming being pulled so your 510hp capable motor is only pushing 460hp... NOW Add Meth IATS go down to 130-150* IAT's you get 3* timing back for cooler IAT's which is 6.9 or 7hp per degree so now we are back up to 481hp... Ok now we are using a heavier meth to water ratio or full 100% meth for extra octane and the ability to add more timing BAM 3,4,5 more degrees... lets say 5* 7X5=35 481+35= 516HP... Yea only 6 more HP's more than what your engine is already capable of but you are able to use all of it instead of only 460HPs So what you're used to feeling at launching or going WOT is 460hp driving around now feels better at WOT pulls but you now can feel the extra 56hp's. Where the misconception comes is METH doesnt gain you much if anything for HP. This is True, you won't see very much added HP using meth as thats not what it does.. On the otherhand, you now have access to all of your engines potential... The hard part of testing this in a controled dyno enviroment is the weather and road load factor... If your running an engine that operates at or around ambiant tempatures then meth wont do much beside the 5-15hps you may get with adjusting a degree of timing or two... But when you get on the road and sucking up all that heat from the road and crusing around at above ambiant IAT's on a hot day you will then see the difference... The key factor in deciding METH is how bad are you IAT's past 6lbs of boost If your reaching anywhere 40 or more degrees past ambiant temps at WOT then METH will do its work for you... But remember METH generally only works on WOT pulls with a boost switch unless you go progressive but I dont think METH is worth that much more coin for what it does to rate a fancy meth controller... but $300 for a basic devils own kit with boost pressure switch, HELL YEA! Any thing more than that I'd save up for nitrous and get the actuall hp increase bang for your buck and 10X better intercooling effects... But $300 plus 1.99 -20winshield washer fluid and 2-3 bottles of heat at 1.99 is hard to beat to get your hp's back.... Not sure if this is for you Randy but run some data logs and check your IAT's I hear the TVS does awesome in the heat efficiency department... END OF RANT LOL

Looking into a new TB now, but why not the 102mm Nick Williams...isn't bigger better or is there some sort of problem with them and our trucks?

IAT's: I drove my truck 1.5 hrs. to Topeka last Friday for test n tune and had my hp tuners plugged in to monitor my IAT's ..they were 8 - 10 degs. over ambient.

I've pretty much decided to send back the Circle D and go with the PI 2800

You won't be disappointed with Precision. I have never had a bad experience with them. Good choice.

-edit go multi disk. There expensive but it will take anything.

As for the 102, is the opening on the 2300 sozed for a 102? I think it is made for a 90 mm. It is the truck version and the trucks only came with 87 mm

I thought gen III trucks were 78mm. Only the genIV trucks have 87mm tb's? Edited by Aksss (see edit history)

Yeah, 87/90mm throttle bodies fit. In order to go 102, you need to contact Ray (Supersub) and have him get you a 102mm flange. These take a lot of work from what i remember. But yeild big gains. You can also get his plenum spacer which opens up the blower tremendously. I used it on my 112. Search Rays radix spacer and you'll find my old install thread. PM me if you want his number.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LS3-LS7-L99-90mm-Throttle-Body-Corvette-Camaro-SS-Z06-G8-NEW-GM-12605109-Gold-/191213888705?viewitem=&vxp=mtr&item=191213888705&sspagename=ADME%3AL%3AOC%3AUS%3A3160&nma=true&si=Fw2CkSTIeEe0SaHuXkiPJlqjFPw%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Just picked this up off ebay for $125.00 shipped! I hope this is the right one, if not someone please let me know so I can cancel...thanks.

Also ordered the X-Link from Torque Rush...thanks Chris!