The Storm

rcapone

Those calipers are absolutely sexual.

Thanks Sanders, you and I think alike!

Reserved a trailer? Like an enclosed to tow it to the track?

Well he'll yeah. It's not enclosed though - it's a 22' hydraulic tilt bed. Headed down south of me a little over 2 hrs. To some shithole track in the middle of a corn field called MO-KAN drag way since Heartland Park is closed

Thanks John! As much as I would like to take credit for installing them, the guy who did my cam installed everything: Fuel system, brakes, new water pump (had a small leak so he replaced it), pulled the old trans, installed the new one, relocated my 40k into the bumper grille and ran all new lines for it. All for 1200 bones. However, I'm installing the LPE heat exchanger, pump and running all new plumbing tomorrow - more pics of that coming soon!

Just got her home a little while ago and emailed a file to Zippy already. She runs absolutely awesome, but man does that baby drink some fuel...talk about a gulper; and I thought my x wife was bad :jester:

20150314_161759.jpg

20150314_182122.jpg

20150314_182115.jpg

Rears

20150314_161812.jpg

20150314_182137.jpg

20150314_141159.jpg

20150314_141214.jpg

Those are some awesome looking brakes Randy. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I hope you didn't need the two auxiliary gas cans just to make it home from the gas station. :jester:

What kind of MPG are you getting?

Thank you, they look much better/noticeable since the black wore off of the rotors. I'll probably be taking some pics this weekend or early next week once I get the Heat Exchanger installed, tune adjusted and cleaned up of course - pretty dusty from sitting around in the shop.

Funny you mention the gas mileage - she sucked down one of those 5 gal. containers just on the 25 mile ride home...highway too! I'd say I'm getting around 5 mpg right now :noway: . Zippy tells me it'll get a little better once the tune gets dialed in.

Edited by L8ERBRO (see edit history)

lol, I'm jealous of your motor, jackshaft and whole setup, so we're even pal! Yours will be one of my favs. IF you ever get it running :)

lol, I'm jealous of your motor, jackshaft and whole setup, so we're even pal! Yours will be one of my favs. IF you ever get it running :)

:crackup: Ass-hole!

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

Thank you, they look much better/noticeable since the black wore off of the rotors. I'll probably be taking some pics this weekend or early next week once I get the Heat Exchanger installed, tune adjusted and cleaned up of course - pretty dusty from sitting around in the shop.

Funny you mention the gas mileage - she sucked down one of those 5 gal. containers just on the 25 mile ride home...highway too! I'd say I'm getting around 5 mpg right now :noway: . Zippy tells me it'll get a little better once the tune gets dialed in.

Yup! That sure enough sounds like 5 MPG. It will be interesting to see how much Zippy can improve it. Looking forward to more pictures. This has been a real interesting thread. Gonna be a little sad to see the project finished. :jester:

Yup! That sure enough sounds like 5 MPG. It will be interesting to see how much Zippy can improve it. Looking forward to more pictures. This has been a real interesting thread. Gonna be a little sad to see the project finished. :jester:

It's never finished!!!! There's always more to do! :jester:

As for MPG, that's the kicker with ethanol fuels. You need big pumps and big injectors, because you burn twice as much fuel! I'm sure he'll get it up there around 9-10mpg, but premium gas will be your best been when driving it as a DD. Then use the ethanol as a race fuel for the octane boost. You'll burn lots more ethanol compared to gas.

That thing has really come together. Looks great Randy. Def been straight money pit since you bought it :)

Thanks Jason, no kidding! You can't take it with you, so might as well spend it on something you enjoy , and I'm going to enjoy the hell out of this baby :burnout:

Track videos soon to come I hope stone cold (Lightning killer)

Oh for sure. I'll be posting up a vid or two probably tomorrow after I finish up the Heat Exchanger and plumbing. Then Saturday will be time to see what's up at the track :takealook:

More pics and vids coming REAL soon Johnny! Yeah, I'm sure I'll be doing a little more to it here and there...possibly heads later this summer - we'll see

It's never finished!!!! There's always more to do! :jester:

As for MPG, that's the kicker with ethanol fuels. You need big pumps and big injectors, because you burn twice as much fuel! I'm sure he'll get it up there around 9-10mpg, but premium gas will be your best been when driving it as a DD. Then use the ethanol as a race fuel for the octane boost. You'll burn lots more ethanol compared to gas.

lol, you nailed it...it's never ending! I'll probably, hopefully, maybe be happy with these mods at least for a little while!