A picture is worth a thousand words

m396 #00-011

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A picture is worth a thousand words,,"I've got my slip"

Rule # 1 "Get to the point" :banghead:

Rule # 2 "The Winning Story is Always the Shortest" :D

(or "the loosing story is always the longest", :cry: ,which ever one applies)

Good Job :thumbs: on rule # 1 and # 2

I had a feeling you SS guys could get down there in weight. :)

Before my turbo I was down to 4900 raceweight (I only weigh 160lbs soaking wet) and with the same stall, AS&Ms, 226cam, Volant and gutted cats I went 14.29@97mph 2.0 60'.

In otherwords... Get a big cam :D

Congrats again man, make me want an SS :)

Thanks for the kind words, guys. I was a little impressed myself. I went looking to bust 13's, not dive deep into them. :D

Needless to say, I gained a little respect around the pit area. Many were coming up to the truck and looking it all over. Most left very impressed considering the slight mods.

It was nice to beat the HD. He was bone stock, but it was still a nice feeling. As for the the Trans-Am, he didn't have much to say afterwards. :crackup: The announcer was playing us up a little at the line. He got really excited when I jumped the TA off the line. (even though I red-lighted) He kept saying, "Can the TA run the big truck down, boy I don't know!" ;) Nope, he didn't.

There was also a late model Mustang GT. I couldn't get lined up with him, but he was only running 14.6's. I just wanted to rub it in a little. :devil:

Only one more day of the track season, and I have to work. :( I'll have to wait till next year to do any better. :ughdance:

Excellent!  Great times Jason.  :thumbs:  :D

I figured you had 13's no problem, but wow!  :eek:

Did you adjust the tune for the wheel/tire combo, or just live with the speedo being off?

I adjusted the tune. I need to call SpearTech though, problems with my bench cable almost caused me terminal problems again. :mad:

Awesome times!

WD really seems to help.  It's too bad there is nothing on my truck I'm willing to give up.  All I've done is ADD weight.  (underseat storage, sway bars, dual exhaust, e-fans, trailer hitch)

I was looking for a good slip. It takes only a few hours, if your serious, to take stuff off and put it back on again. ;)

Archived