Anyone else into smoking???

la122685

Looks killer Johnny..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Bryan.

A couple weeks ago I smoked a beef chuck roast with the intention of making some pulled beef Enchilada's with it. Wound up having to freeze it for a couple as life got in the way of my Enchilada plans, but I did finally get it together.

The day of the chucky smoke I decided to put a pan of beans under it as it smoked.

Beans on the operating table getting "doctored". Copped onion, Garlic, Dijon, whats-is-here sauce, Sweet Baby Rays, salt, pepper, and a multi spice.

DSC04420_zpsqubxzw20.jpg

Chuck just going on

DSC04440_zpsj22bhcji.jpg

Since I knew that I would be in the barn all afternoon, I put a rack of Baby Backs on to go with the beans when they came off the smoker.

DSC04454_zpsqqj06rrc.jpg

Chillin in the barn. Chucks take time and you gotta have distractions while it does it's thing.

DSC04461_zpsqvruv2sc.jpg

Baby Backs getting close. The therm probe in the ribs is just for curiosity. I don't smoke ribs to a temp but the thermometer has two probes so I put it in there just because.

DSC04470_zpsvnxle14d.jpg

Chuck has hit 165* IT and is ready to go in a pan to finish so it's time to take the beans out. They are done.

DSC04479_zpswqmuqzvd.jpg

DSC04481_zpsaamrrsbk.jpg

DSC04482_zpspducmu6y.jpg

Temps are getting close to pullin' time on the chucky

DSC04484_zpsxcjbuauu.jpg

Ready to pull, and finally pulled

DSC04485_zpsyvttxw7v.jpg

DSC04487_zpssdlfkvoi.jpg

Like I said above, I had to freeze the pulled beef for a while till I got a chance to make my pan of Enchilada's. They were worth the wait, though.

DSC04655_zpsbdgoft6f.jpg

This pulled beef was as good as any I've had and I am already thinking about my next chuck smoke. It makes great burrito's too. This is from a past chuck smoke.

DSC02434_zpsbbl5d59z.jpg

Fired up the grill tonight and threw on some chicken thighs. Secret bbq seasoning and also I wanted a smokey flavor. Dug out the smoker box and threw in some cherry and hickory! Last few minutes I slathered on some sweet baby rays! So good I don't have any for lunch!!!

post-12300-0-99002100-1450142265_thumb.jpeg

Fired up the grill tonight and threw on some chicken thighs. Secret bbq seasoning and also I wanted a smokey flavor. Dug out the smoker box and threw in some cherry and hickory! Last few minutes I slathered on some sweet baby rays! So good I don't have any for lunch!!![/quote

Looks good man.. Can't go wrong with yard bird!

Holy shit brother... That's top notch right there.. I wish I had half the skill you got going on over there.. [emoji106] that's some good looking chow

Thanks again Bryan. I am sure that you have the skills, it's mostly a matter of patience and just letting the chow ride in the smoker long enough. Just doing it often enough to get the experience is the biggest part of it.

Fired up the grill tonight and threw on some chicken thighs. Secret bbq seasoning and also I wanted a smokey flavor. Dug out the smoker box and threw in some cherry and hickory! Last few minutes I slathered on some sweet baby rays! So good I don't have any for lunch!!!

I would always be happy with Chicken that looks like that. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Edited by Downeast Johnny (see edit history)