Anyone else into smoking???

la122685

Man John your one hell of a chef ! That looks so good, I am going to try it out this weekend. Can't wait. Keep 'em coming bro :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks Brian. I'm no chef but I enjoy messing with recipes.

If I do this one again I will try harder to find Feta cheese. The Blue is a little strong.

Here is the original recipe that I started with.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/8551/spinach-stuffed-chicken-breasts/

I used a garlic press with the garlic instead of chopping it, and I didn't measure the Blue cheese. It was a small container and I just put it all in there. It was probably more than 1/2 cup. (Probably almost double that).

Just about forgot; I wound up needing 2 packages of Bacon to cover all the thighs. (It's thick cut bacon).

Good luck with it this weekend. Hope it works out good for you. :cheers:

Edited by Downeast Johnny (see edit history)

3f5465b5f79b1a5fe41992129d1ef9c4.jpg

Gumbo Sunday!!!! Watching some football and loving this weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya know; I've never had gumbo. Everything that I've heard about it tells me that I would like it but I've never had the opportunity to check it out.

How about some follow up pictures Bryan? I'd like to see how you put yours together.

Good call on that recipe John, turned out delicious! Between you and Bryan with all those great food pictures I cant cruise thru the site without checking in on this thread.

Keep Em coming guys, and I promise that I will keep trying them out. Any chance Bryan would share his gumbo recipe.......

Good call on that recipe John, turned out delicious! Between you and Bryan with all those great food pictures I cant cruise thru the site without checking in on this thread.

Keep Em coming guys, and I promise that I will keep trying them out. Any chance Bryan would share his gumbo recipe.......

Great to hear that it worked out for you. Did you use Feta with it?

Where's the pictures? :wink:

Finally got a couple of days off... So what better way to spend the night than smoking a butt?!

20151019_205154_zpsu8iby4dr.jpg

20151020_125417_zpsu3szmp2t.jpg

Just before pulling off the smoker

20151020_205324_zpsnjzr78gz.jpg

The sandwich had some asian slaw the wife makes and some home made bbq sauce.

20151018_234807_zpsovb8fu2a.jpg

Not smoked but there is some rib eye on there. This was taken from a Bobby Flay Brunch cook book. Came out amazing!

20151018_234839_zpsm4jjnz1a.jpg

Alex, that looks great! John, yes I did use feta cheese. I am technologically challenged when it comes to posting photo's . I will get it figured out and post some good ones soon. Bryan, I can handle cooking the beer way, so if you get a chance to detail your gumbo recipe i will definitely give it a go!

BTW that Octoberfest Sammy A is looking good in the back ground also.....

Edited by BC DOORMAN (see edit history)

Alex, that looks great! John, yes I did use feta cheese. I am technologically challenged when it comes to posting photo's . I will get it figured out and post some good ones soon. Bryan, I can handle cooking the beer way, so if you get a chance to detail your gumbo recipe i will definitely give it a go!

BTW that Octoberfest Sammy A is looking good in the back ground also.....

Do you have an account with a photo host site? (I use Photobucket).

I use a digital camera for all my pic's. (Phone is too dumb to take them). Download the pictures to my computer, resize them to 640 pixels on the largest side, then upload them to photobucket. From your photobucket page simply select the picture you want to load on this site, From that pictures page click on, the "direct" tab, (This will copy your photo), then come back to the SSS site and click on the "image" prompt (In the header at the top of the reply to topic square), and paste your photo info there. It will show up in your response.

Simple, huh? :jester: