Chicagoland R/T wants to race a SS

Richs2002RT

you can bring the 427 but we all know thats what it takes to beat a R/T with just some bolt ons,we can go and see how much you win by,still need others stock but preferably some with basic bolt ons like myself

You are aware of the weight difference, right? Sounds like it will be closer to even to me. Your truck is not even in the same class in my mind and would probably be better compared to a S-10. But, you don't hear any of that from anyone who has challenged you.

When you go to the track do you ask the guy to give you a sec or two, if you feel you're out classed? Just curious. I've always believed in run what you brought. Maybe you've never heard of that before.

:withstupid: Cant call out a board then say "oh no not you, but a stocker..."

never said I wouldn't race him,but we all know a built 427 vs a 360 with a few bolt ons isn't exactly an even race but I said I would race to see how bad he wins,and the weight thing is once again made up by the 95 horsepower difference stock,so weight should not be an issue here but an excuse

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you can bring the 427 but we all know thats what it takes to beat a R/T with just some bolt ons,we can go and see how much you win by,still need others stock but preferably some with basic bolt ons like myself

You are aware of the weight difference, right? Sounds like it will be closer to even to me. Your truck is not even in the same class in my mind and would probably be better compared to a S-10. But, you don't hear any of that from anyone who has challenged you.

When you go to the track do you ask the guy to give you a sec or two, if you feel you're out classed? Just curious. I've always believed in run what you brought. Maybe you've never heard of that before.

:withstupid: Cant call out a board then say "oh no not you, but a stocker..."

never said I wouldn't race him,but we all know a built 427 vs a 360 with a few bolt ons isn't exactly an even race but I said I would race to see how bad he wins,and the weight thing is once again made up by the 95 horsepower difference stock,so weight should not be an issue here but an excuse

so bring the 427 with juice,and also a few other SS's would be nice,I will post on the r/t forums to see if a few will show up,what really needs to be done is a R/T vs SS shootout, that would be cool,we've already had the R/T vs lightning shootouts

Cant call out a board then say "oh no not you, but a stocker..."

I'll race anyone on this board w/ my truck and win!

... and by anyone I mean the trucks that don't have more hp or better 1/4 times than me :jester:

LOL, i was going to drive down to south and whoop you, but then you didnt name a place or time so why are you so scared. how come you make an offer then say no trucks over your HP..... :crackup::crackup:

Well I hope its wet and cold this weekend.

I just got the call...They have my front differential down and out....... :banghead:

It looks like I'll need some more parts replaced....... :mad:

If it can be fixed by the weekend I'll be there....

New trans goes in Nov 29th, but that should only take a few days.......

Don't even think I'm trying to back out....Just giving fair warning...I'm aiming for Dec 5th as a for sure.....

If it has to be this weekend I bring down the Z06.......One way or another I'll be down in the 12's..... :thumbs:

Well I hope its wet and cold this weekend. 

I just got the call...They have my front differential down and out....... :banghead:

It looks like I'll need some more parts replaced....... :mad:

If it can be fixed by the weekend I'll be there....

New trans goes in Nov 29th, but that should only take a few days.......

Don't even think I'm trying to back out....Just giving fair warning...I'm aiming for Dec 5th as a for sure.....

If it has to be this weekend I bring down the Z06.......One way or another I'll be down in the 12's..... :thumbs:

doesn't have to be this weekend if the truck is down. Kinda of ruins the purpose if you brought the Z06,would be like if I brought a Viper SRT-10 to run against your SS before the 427 swap.i'm waiting for responses from the r/t guys,when the weather is good its a go but knowin chi winters it could be awhile

what did you guys expect from a dodge owner?  who would want to race with a slow ass dodge

Not much.

Seriously though, I have a friend with a 5.9 RT with a Paxton running 10 lbs of boost. He also has headers, no cats, exhaust, stall, shift kit, dyno tune, elec fan, M1 manifold, Throttle body, cal-tracs, and BFG drag radials. With all of this he was able to run a 13.4 @ Houston Raceway Park, one of the fastest tracks in America. His truck is quick, and great fun to drive, but they need quite a bit of work to actually be fast. The worst thing is that he is MAXED out right now unless he goes to stand-alone, and gets an aftermarket block that will allow for more than 4 (that's right, 4) headbolts to hold the head to the block.

Aaron

well your friend may have all of that stuff done, but there's also a guy up in the NJ/Philly area who just recently broke 11s with his paxton s/c'ed R/T on stock internals. whatcha gotta say about that? true, the R/T's do take a bit to make them sickly fast, but i think we've all been bittin by the HP bug. you guys could come visit The Dakota R/T Forum and check out some real fast trucks.

oh yeah, i have an R/T, if you haven't figured that out yet.

and another thing...

why did none of you guys with a factory motor w/bolt ons want to race? it seems everyone shoved the big dog in there. we got an R/Ter who's also dropping in a 427 in his, and with the previous setup he was running low 11s in the 1/4. you SS guys have anyone in the 10s yet? i need to do some research i guess. :crazy:

well your friend may have all of that stuff done, but there's also a guy up in the NJ/Philly area who just recently broke 11s with his paxton s/c'ed R/T on stock internals. whatcha gotta say about that? true, the R/T's do take a bit to make them sickly fast, but i think we've all been bittin by the HP bug. you guys could come visit The Dakota R/T Forum and check out some real fast trucks.

SlwTruk... :crackup: ... thats funny!

Looks like we've got the makings of a good R/T vs. SS thing going here... you guys got any members in the So. Cal area that would be down to run? Theres alot of us out here and it always seems the challenges come from guys on the other side of the country.

I don't doubt an R/T can break into the 12's or 11's w/ the right driver and mods... I just seriously doubt one can make it into the mid 13's w/ just boltons. :wtf:

BTW: Thanks for coming into our forum w/ some repsect. Alot of guys would just come in and start flaming right away... at least you had the courtesey to invite us to your board :cheers:

SlwTruk... :crackup: ... thats funny!

Looks like we've got the makings of a good R/T vs. SS thing going here... you guys got any members in the So. Cal area that would be down to run? Theres alot of us out here and it always seems the challenges come from guys on the other side of the country.

I don't doubt an R/T can break into the 12's or 11's w/ the right driver and mods... I just seriously doubt one can make it into the mid 13's w/ just boltons. :wtf:

BTW: Thanks for coming into our forum w/ some repsect. Alot of guys would just come in and start flaming right away... at least you had the courtesey to invite us to your board :cheers:

there are plenty of R/Ters in the SoCal area. aaand there are plenty of R/Ts in the mid 13s with just bolt ons. all you need is a few intake mods, a few exhaust mods, some slicks and maybe some gears and you've got it. the only problem is, dodge apparently doesn't care too much about the aftermarket b/c everything is so damn expensive lol. Most of the n/a guys are into the 13s and then when you throw on a S/Cer or some N20, you've got yourself a good ol' 12sec truck. I'm just getting started on mine, so it really is a SlwTruk :cool:

Here is Rich's post on the R/T site....word for word...

sorry long. I posted a message on the silverado ss board about just wanting to see what I can do against em,I did not insult chevy which I shoulda. They all blew up and seemed offended and just ripped on dodge,the only one seemed more than willing is one with a built 427 lol,others live far from me and just trashed talked.I wanted to see if any R/T's wanted to meet em up and show em the tailgates,they told me to post a time and date.I'm in chicago so it will be around there.Are they slow? I have a 2002 CC R/T only things done are B&G flash,ported M1,53mm fastman,intense performance cai,180 t stat,stock manifolds,the precats are gone with a slightly bigger y than stock into a catco cat then a spintech muffler, I have HS 1.7's and mopar headers sitting in my room,need those on asap.

:crackup:

Look in the Strip forum... theres a sticky that'll breakdown all the SS times from members on the site by mod type and even list their mods.

What are you running in the 1/4?

my best 1/4 time is mid 15s, spinning through first and most of second, on kuhmo's :cry: . lol, it really sucked. that was also completely stock with like 80k miles. since then i've added headers, k&n fipk, better tires, lowered 2", and i have an intake manifold and throttle body sitting in my room waiting for the install. mine's a daily driver, so i honestly don't want super duper fast. i just want it to be quick enough to get from point a to point b faster than most people :driving:

Archived