Chicagoland R/T wants to race a SS

Richs2002RT

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I might go check out the R/T boards and see if we can get a So Cal race going... I'm not gonna pretend mine is all that fast (14's) ... but I haven't done that much and the SS is a P I G I had to loose the tailgate, spare, backseat and anything that wasn't bolted down to run that time. :banghead:

We've got some guys in the 13's NA... but its the FI guys you've gotta watch out for :uhoh:

SS 1/4 Times

I might go check out the R/T boards and see if we can get a So Cal race going... I'm not gonna pretend mine is all that fast (14's) ... but I haven't done that much and the SS is a  P I G  I had to loose the tailgate, spare, backseat and anything that wasn't bolted down to run that time. :banghead:

We've got some guys in the 13's NA... but its the FI guys you've gotta watch out for  :uhoh:

SS 1/4 Times

that's cool. it's always fun to have some friendly competition. i know there is a handful of R/Ters around the socal area, so just come on over to the forum and post up. too bad they tore down the 1/4 strip over there. that's got to be a bummer. what mods do you have on your truck?

Let's face facts...there are a couple dozen R/Ts running mid-low 13s with just boltons. Stock heads/cam. That is a FACT. Do the research.

K&N CAI

52mm Throttle Body

Mopar/B&G PCM

M1 Intake

Mopar/GSM Headers

Spintech 2.5 True Dual Exhaust

That's the most basic formula for high-mid 13s. Add in 1.7 roller rockers and a valve body and you got low 13s.

Who is this Aaron guy? More importantly who is this guy he knows that runs a Paxton R/T at HRP? The Houston R/T are a close-knit group of guys and there really isn't an R/T that races at HRP that we don't know about. I assume you're talking about the Black '99 Club Cab? That guy is still in the middle of tuning. He hasn't had that Paxton on for more than 6 months.

Ok, so here is what I am getting out of this thread:

Gay dakota guy : "I want to race an SS"

GEAR M UP : "Ok, I'm game.  When and where?"

Gay dakota guy : "But, you have more mods than I do.  You have more mods than me so I don't want to race.  Here is a fake 1/4 mi. time though."

GEAR M UP : "Still waiting for that race."

There is also everyone calling him out on all of his BS throughout the entire post.  Sorry dude, but with your mods listed there is NO POSSIBLE WAY you would hit a 13.6.  My friend with all your mods + BLOWER, STALL, HEADERS, AND DRAG RADIALS was barely faster than that.  He was also running at one of the fastest tracks in the country!  You sir are full of :icon_bs:

RRichs2002RT = hidingunderdesk.jpg

Hey, I don't think you get the whole picture. I'm not sure what an SS weighs in at, but a RC R/T weighs in right around 4,000lbs. I weighed in at 4180lbs last time i went to the track, full street trim + me in the cab. There are plenty of R/Ts in the mid to low 13s with nothing more than intake, full exhaust and some DRs. Besides, Rich wasn't bashing on the SS. He simply was stating that he would like to know what a stock SS runs, and if there is a (factory) motor with some minor bolts ons, like himself, who'd like to race or at least meet up? The only name calling I saw was from you chevy guys, which in my opinion, is just childish.

Who is this Aaron guy?  More importantly who is this guy he knows that runs a Paxton R/T at HRP?  The Houston R/T are a close-knit group of guys and there really isn't an R/T that races at HRP that we don't know about.  I assume you're talking about the Black '99 Club Cab?  That guy is still in the middle of tuning.  He hasn't had that Paxton on for more than 6 months.

I don't know who Aaron is where did you get that.

I think that was Dave Downing at the Nats. He actually ran that time at Cecil.

DAMN! You R/T guys multiply like rabbits on here! :jester:

I have my doubts about bolt ons getting you into the 13's BUT... I'd love for you to prove me wrong. I respect anything that goes fast and sounds good :thumbs:

As a matter of fact the first time I got my ass handed to me was a guy in a R/T... given he had a Viper engine under the hood and over $60k into the truck, I can still recognize when I've been beaten.

Our main problem w/ your boy Rich is that he refuses to acknowledge he ghosted the first time he came on here looking for a race and then he makes claims about his 1/4 times but won't provide a slip or even acknowledge when someone asks him for one.

You guys have to admit you've got a HUGE weight advantage on us, but we've got the upper hand on HP and traction! :D

I'd love to get a R/T vs SS shoot-out organized. I think it'd be cool :cool:

Let's face facts...there are a couple dozen R/Ts running mid-low 13s with just boltons.  Stock heads/cam.  That is a FACT.  Do the research.

K&N CAI

52mm Throttle Body

Mopar/B&G PCM

M1 Intake

Mopar/GSM Headers

Spintech 2.5 True Dual Exhaust

That's the most basic formula for high-mid 13s.  Add in 1.7 roller rockers and a valve body and you got low 13s.

Exactly my point. It doesn't take that much to get an R/T into the 13s. Hell, most of the R/Ts with any sort of work are running between 13.3-14.5 and are respectible street trucks as well.

Bro... its very simple... because you pussed out the first time no one wants to even bother w/ your sorry ass. If I weren't all the way in California I'd be more than happy to come show you how bad a slightly moded SS would work your ass! :driving:

BTW: Still waiting for that time slip...  :icon_bs:

SS vs RT = RT gets......

misc16.jpg

Who is this Aaron guy?  More importantly who is this guy he knows that runs a Paxton R/T at HRP?  The Houston R/T are a close-knit group of guys and there really isn't an R/T that races at HRP that we don't know about.  I assume you're talking about the Black '99 Club Cab?  That guy is still in the middle of tuning.  He hasn't had that Paxton on for more than 6 months.

I don't know who Aaron is where did you get that.

I think that was Dave Downing at the Nats. He actually ran that time at Cecil.

Yeah, i'm talking about Dave D. up in NJ who ran the 11.8 with the paxton and stock internals. there's also Tony C. down in Florida runnin mid 11s with his 408cui + N20. then there's the ol' Big Byrd R/T runnin high-mid 10s.

Bro... its very simple... because you pussed out the first time no one wants to even bother w/ your sorry ass. If I weren't all the way in California I'd be more than happy to come show you how bad a slightly moded SS would work your ass! :driving:

BTW: Still waiting for that time slip...  :icon_bs:

SS vs RT = RT gets......

misc16.jpg

I live in CA, lets run my slow ass R/T against your SS. Are you anywhere near Orange County?

I live in CA, lets run my slow ass R/T against your SS.  Are you anywhere near Orange County?

I'm in rancho cucamonga so I'm not far... but lets do this the right way and get a group from each side at the track for a day. Like I said: I'd like to get a RT vs SS day setup and then we can show eachother what the other guy can do. The HEMI boys never want to play... so this is gonna be about as close as we get to an even competition. :thumbs:

*8 r/t names readin' this thread right now... damn.... rich invited everyone he knows and their cousins! :jester:

Archived