Chicagoland R/T wants to race a SS

Richs2002RT

BTW: Thanks for coming into our forum w/ some repsect. Alot of guys would just come in and start flaming right away... at least you had the courtesey to invite us to your board  :cheers:

Our main problem w/ your boy Rich is that he refuses to acknowledge he ghosted the first time he came on here looking for a race and then he makes claims about his 1/4 times but won't provide a slip or even acknowledge when someone asks him for one.

Just a note to all of you R/T guys: As you can see from the selections above, I think a lot of the BS you have read on this thread is a result of a previous no-show, and that has gotten a lot of people on here worked up.

I would like to just say a thank you to everyone on here...the SS's and the R/T's. This thread has mellowed out a great deal, and is much more enjoyable to read (and probably lowers some people blood pressure). Thank you for coming over to our board and acting like adults and showing respect. It is greatly appreciated from this member.

Great job guys! :thumbs:

Rob

well, we appreciate the hospitality. :thumbs: i know i hate it when we get spammers or trolls over on our forums, and i've concluded that rich apparently did a no show earlier on sometime which i was unaware of. most of us R/Ters are pretty nice guys, but every forum has their a$$holes :D . You guys are more than welcome over on our boards anytime. It's always fun to talk with the competition! :P

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It always seems to go back to the saying, "There are three sides to every story, one on the right, one on the left, and the truth somewhere out in the middle."

that is true. at least you guys aren't like the Lightning guys. most of the time they won't even give you the time of day to compare, let alone challenge. take off the s/cer and all you got is an f150 :ughdance:

It always seems to go back to the saying, "There are three sides to every story, one on the right, one on the left, and the truth somewhere out in the middle."

that is true. at least you guys aren't like the Lightning guys. most of the time they won't even give you the time of day to compare, let alone challenge. take off the s/cer and all you got is an f150 :ughdance:

I think they are all just mad because Ford SVT dropped the Lightning... :D

I think they are all just mad because Ford SVT dropped the Lightning... :D

:crackup: i guess they knew what was best for them!!

What do you SS guys think of the SSR? Not as a FAST truck, but just as a truck?

My Chevy buddies mostly don't like them, and I think they are pretty cool.

I have built dozens and dozens of Chevys over the years, I switched to MoPars about 20 years ago...

(yeah, I'm an old fat guy.... ;) )

I like ANY brand of vehicle though- MoPars, Fords, Chevys, ANYTHING at all, so long as it is interesting. I like the new Mustang, I think it's gonna sell big.

One of my best friends is a die hard Chevy guy, most of my friends are die hard MoPar guys, but we get along pretty damned good. The insults of the early part of the thread are pretty embarrassing IMO, seems like the nice guy posters have taken over though?

HI!!!!!!!

I have built dozens and dozens of Chevys over the years, I switched to MoPars about 20 years ago...

I like ANY brand of vehicle though- MoPars, Fords, Chevys, ANYTHING at all, so long as it is interesting. I like the new Mustang, I think it's gonna sell big.

One of my best friends is a die hard Chevy guy, most of my friends are die hard MoPar guys, but we get along pretty damned good. The insults of the early part of the thread are pretty embarrassing IMO, seems like the nice guy posters have taken over though?

HI!!!!!!!

:withstupid::seeya:

HI!!!!!!!

about the SSR: could have been a better truck

5k more it's a Corvette ZO6

Both 2 seaters: guess I am buying a 'Vette

SinCity, what did you end up running in March?  The last time you were on here?

I had everything configured for a healthy mid-12 second pass but never got a chance to dial it in at the track to get the timeslip. Since my 13.49 pass last year I upgraded the drivetrain with a race-prepped transmission, torque converter, bigger headers, true dual exhaust w/o cats, 1.7r roller rockers, converted to a Viper e-fan, larger air intake, bigger throttle body, and upped the N2O from 75hp to 150hp along with adding a bottle heater and purge solenoid.

On three separate occasions in 2004 I went out to LVMS and was unable to get more than one basic shakedown pass before someone either puked oil down the track and/or crashed into the wall causing the TnT events to come to a standstill until it was time to go home. Spending $110 in N2O/fuel/fees each time I went racing for a single shakedown pass got me pretty upset, and combined with some other issues with the local companies I deal with I decided that it just wasn't fun to race anymore, so I stripped most of the stuff out of the silver truck. While I was searching for a new vehicle I came across the black '03 R/T and decided to buy it as a way to start over from scratch, it will be at least another 6-12 months before I do any serious racing with it, if I ever do at all.

Archived