• Last Reply
To all the guys from the R/T forum:  :cheers:

HEY!!!!!!!!!!!

Where's the Rum&Coke?

Why "just" beers....?

:tear:

We can fix that at the bar

BTW I'm another old guy :thumbs:

I'm a silly Canuckian, so you'll hafta travel......

My work truck was the only pickup I ever owned, but I had it for 7 years, it was a warmed over 440....

Supertruck.JPG

SuperTruckeng.JPG

To all the guys from the R/T forum:  :cheers:

HEY!!!!!!!!!!!

Where's the Rum&Coke?

Why "just" beers....?

:tear:

We can fix that at the bar

BTW I'm another old guy :thumbs:

I'm a silly Canuckian, so you'll hafta travel......

My work truck was the only pickup I ever owned, but I had it for 7 years, it was a warmed over 440....

Supertruck.JPG

SuperTruckeng.JPG

Warmed over :wtf:

Looks like you're ready to hunt ANYTHING

Who is this Aaron guy?  More importantly who is this guy he knows that runs a Paxton R/T at HRP?  The Houston R/T are a close-knit group of guys and there really isn't an R/T that races at HRP that we don't know about.  I assume you're talking about the Black '99 Club Cab?  That guy is still in the middle of tuning.  He hasn't had that Paxton on for more than 6 months.

That is my friend. he lives up here in College Station right down the road from me. He is a great guy. I just don't see how with all of his mods he can only hit a mid 13, and the rest of you are saying you can do that without a blower on stock internals. I know he has about 150-200lbs of sound deadening in the truck, but he has a fiberglass rollpan, and I think that he took out the backseat for that run. He has also had the thing dyno tuned twice, and is putting out about 340 hp at the wheels now on about 10 psi. I wouldn't call him in the "middle" of tuning although he is about to fab up his own water/air IC. I also helped him put on his cal-tracs. :) I guess that maybe he does just have one of the slower ones, but I figured that there wouldn't be that much of a discrepancy between them.

P.S. Most of you R/T guys seem pretty cool, but Rich still seems gay. Maybe it is the apron :dunno::dunno:

Who is this Aaron guy?  More importantly who is this guy he knows that runs a Paxton R/T at HRP?  The Houston R/T are a close-knit group of guys and there really isn't an R/T that races at HRP that we don't know about.  I assume you're talking about the Black '99 Club Cab?  That guy is still in the middle of tuning.  He hasn't had that Paxton on for more than 6 months.

That is my friend. he lives up here in College Station right down the road from me. He is a great guy. I just don't see how with all of his mods he can only hit a mid 13, and the rest of you are saying you can do that without a blower on stock internals. I know he has about 150-200lbs of sound deadening in the truck, but he has a fiberglass rollpan, and I think that he took out the backseat for that run. He has also had the thing dyno tuned twice, and is putting out about 340 hp at the wheels now on about 10 psi. I wouldn't call him in the "middle" of tuning although he is about to fab up his own water/air IC. I also helped him put on his cal-tracs. :) I guess that maybe he does just have one of the slower ones, but I figured that there wouldn't be that much of a discrepancy between them.

P.S. Most of you R/T guys seem pretty cool, but Rich still seems gay. Maybe it is the apron :dunno::dunno:

GEEZ! I leave work... hit the pub... drink a beer... get home and you guys are only up to page 18!!! :wtf:

I would've expected at least page 20 by now... you guys are slackin'! :jester:

So... I was thinkin'... do any of you (ss or rt guys) have an estimate of how much it would run to get some track time at a strip??? I was thinking if we organize it right we could get enough guys to make a RT & SS day at Fontana or Pomona split the cost up (obviously we'd need a good turnout) where it would be affordable for us? I dunno... just throwin' it out there. :dunno:

RRichs2002RT = hidingunderdesk.jpg

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

lets see the only SS that has actually said he would go needs a 427ci block with a 150 sot of NOS and still only gets into the 11's,compare about $10,000 in mods to my whopping $1500,not bad factory 5.9 VS non factory 427 with 150 NOS,you guys are awesome,how about an actual 6.0 with mods that would be nice or is that unfair to you guys? cause you know you wouldn't have a chance?

Interesting that you want to race a 6.0 with a few mods. You list your mods as just a few bolt ons that in no way reflect your claim of a 13.6 1/4 mile time slip. Gear M Up steps up and says name the time and the place. He lists all his mods in his sig and even mentions the ailing transmission in his truck. You now have the advantage as the information has been given in previous posts.

So which has more impact with your buddies ( you do have buddies, right?) I raced a slighty modified 6.0 SS and won or I raced a 427 C5R in an SS and won.

Two Theories for all to consider:

1)You are a ricer with a truck. We can deduce this from the excuses of " I want to race an SS with a few mods not a 427" Claims of running a 13.6 1/4 with a 5.9 with bolt ons. No proof, only excuses, and"we don't play fair here."

Hey Scooter, Life Ain't Fair

2) You possibly have a truck that is as fast as you claim, but trying to be stealthy, haven't listed all the mods to gain the upper hand and smoke all of us. BTW, we know the Dodge Boys use NAWWWSS, seems to be the only way to make a HEMI run decent

So there you have it. I now leave it to my esteemed colleagues to choose

Theory 1 or 2.

My vote #1

I am not in Chicago but 180 miles south.

My truck is stock, I'll run for fun

But since you claim 13.6, I think maybe I should even it up

99 Camaro Convertible, stock, should run the numbers you claim.

Oh here's a twist, I'll have the wife run ya' in the Camaro.

Does it matter if it's a girl rowing a 6-speed?

I really need to know, do you have one of those "AIN'T SKEERED" stickers on your truck?

His 13.6 is quite believeable for his mods FYI. The quickest known bolt on ONLY R/T (no power adders, heads, cam, etc) is running 12.9.

His 13.6 is quite believeable for his mods FYI. The quickest known bolt on ONLY R/T (no power adders, heads, cam, etc) is running 12.9.

With what bolt-ons? Thats a helluva fast truck to be using only bolt-ons... at that point hes flirting w/ the LS1 cars. :wtf:

Holy shit........18 pages.........lol

I read page 1&2 then skipped to 18.....lol

Looks like the flame war became civil somewhere........good to see........so are there any local SS's who wanted to race though......i'm from chicago as well and wouldnt mind running...i could care less who.........whether is pretty much up for the season but maybe we could sneak in a few runs

btw.....rich didnt come out to flame and isnt b.s.ing about his times/mods.......but if you want i'll race him and shut him up for ya.......lol

Your having no problems with your tranny and your truck is in the mid 13s.  That dodge tranny is crap all of the 4 speeds can't handle the extra torque and bhp you need to get into the mid 13s. What do you have to 42RE, 45RfE or 46RE.

People have run stock trannies deep in the 12s with no problems man....... All R/Ts have the HD 46RE tranny.

Mid 13s is NOT an issue with the tranny.

Archived