Chicagoland R/T wants to race a SS

Richs2002RT

2) You possibly have a truck that is as fast as you claim, but trying to be stealthy, haven't listed all the mods to gain the upper hand and smoke all of us. BTW, we know the Dodge Boys use NAWWWSS, seems to be the only way to make a HEMI run decent

The R/T does not have the Hemi, please get your facts straight.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I live in CA, lets run my slow ass R/T against your SS.  Are you anywhere near Orange County?

I'm in rancho cucamonga so I'm not far... but lets do this the right way and get a group from each side at the track for a day. Like I said: I'd like to get a RT vs SS day setup and then we can show eachother what the other guy can do. The HEMI boys never want to play... so this is gonna be about as close as we get to an even competition. :thumbs:

*8 r/t names readin' this thread right now... damn.... rich invited everyone he knows and their cousins! :jester:

i just posted on the r/t forums,this sucks i'm not in CA,anyone near chicago would be nice

True 4.7 is a better engine all around give it a whipple, flomasters, can go fast, don't believe me? 4.7 depends also if your running Crew cab, ext or reg cab, a stock 5.9 CC are running around 15.8.  A Reg cab dakota R/T with 150 shot nos, all aluminum pistons, leach headers, flomasters, CAI and other stuff, with 15 inch rims and cheater slicks runs 13.440.  I'll agreee that a reg cab R/T with 150 shot nos can get under 14s prob around 13.8 but thats pushing it.  The 6.0 doesn't break the bank to mod either, just a programmer , headers give a decent boost from stock.  The 5.9 is being phased out by mopar by a reason, the hemi is a better engine all around than the 5.9.

whatchu smokin'?? my buddy, this past april at Rockingham NC, ran a 15.0 in his completely stock 00 CC R/T. There's plenty of CC's running in the 13s n/a. the 5.9 is a great engine, especially in the R/T. the 5.9 Ram is slow as balls, but that's because it was setup for towing, not racing. come check out our forum R/T Forum and see for yourself.

2) You possibly have a truck that is as fast as you claim, but trying to be stealthy, haven't listed all the mods to gain the upper hand and smoke all of us. BTW, we know the Dodge Boys use NAWWWSS, seems to be the only way to make a HEMI run decent

I don't want to put words in Dylan's mouth, but I think what he was referring to was the fact that a lot of full size Dodge trucks with the Hemi's never seem to want to race.....

I live in CA, lets run my slow ass R/T against your SS.  Are you anywhere near Orange County?

I'm in rancho cucamonga so I'm not far... but lets do this the right way and get a group from each side at the track for a day. Like I said: I'd like to get a RT vs SS day setup and then we can show eachother what the other guy can do. The HEMI boys never want to play... so this is gonna be about as close as we get to an even competition. :thumbs:

*8 r/t names readin' this thread right now... damn.... rich invited everyone he knows and their cousins! :jester:

Hey thats great, Im not hear to bash anyone. I use to drive chevy's for years, I still love them, but it just seems to me there are so many haters on this board that i dont mind stepping up and running against anyone. I gotta say though, my engine is n/a and when I was bone stock I was smoking the SS boys, of course so there is no guessing, yes I am in an RC so its much lighter and no its no where near stock anymore. Get a group together and we can all play. make a BBQ out of and have a good ol' time.

I don't want to put words in Dylan's mouth, but I think what he was referring to was the fact that a lot of full size Dodge trucks with the Hemi's never seem to want to race.....

oh okay. i just wanted to make sure. btw, what kind of gas mileage do you guys get in the SS? i know mine sux. lol

Well, I definately didn't buy the SS for gas mileage, and anyone that does is a fool (I am sure you R/T guys can probably say the same). I can see (on highway drives) about 18 (give or take here, and I also do a LOT of towing with mine, so it is a little hard to judge).

BTW: Thanks for coming into our forum w/ some repsect. Alot of guys would just come in and start flaming right away... at least you had the courtesey to invite us to your board  :cheers:

Our main problem w/ your boy Rich is that he refuses to acknowledge he ghosted the first time he came on here looking for a race and then he makes claims about his 1/4 times but won't provide a slip or even acknowledge when someone asks him for one.

Just a note to all of you R/T guys: As you can see from the selections above, I think a lot of the BS you have read on this thread is a result of a previous no-show, and that has gotten a lot of people on here worked up.

I would like to just say a thank you to everyone on here...the SS's and the R/T's. This thread has mellowed out a great deal, and is much more enjoyable to read (and probably lowers some people blood pressure). Thank you for coming over to our board and acting like adults and showing respect. It is greatly appreciated from this member.

Great job guys! :thumbs:

Rob

Here, let me be the ultimate spoiler and shut this down. Feel free to continue on the Dodge site. This one has gone on about 15 pages too long.

The reactions on here are no different than when an outsider comes in to any site. Rich may have been somewhat respectful, but he also "dodged" numerous questions and challenges - thus, the name calling and stupidity got out of hand. Had he come on here, posted his time slip (as asked about 20-100 times), set up a race, all would have been cool. Instead, it just went on and on to the tune of over 300 posts and an exceeding large number of excuses later.

Your times on "stock internals" is no great feat. Every time on our board is on stock internals. There is an indiviual that is in the 10s on stock internals with a full size RC, 4X4, Chevy truck on LS1 tech. Still weighs more than your trucks, but not quite the same as ours. So no great feat, as I said.

Your truck is in it's own class. So major comparisons, don't really mean much to most of us. If this were a S-10 forum and we all had V-8s, the talk would be majorly subdued on your side. All for a little thing called weight. Every 100lbs is .1 in the 1/4. With your curb weight, getting into the 13s is no major accomplishment. A great time, no doubt. For any of the guys on here in the 13s or better, I would consider that a major accomplishment, especially those without N20, or a blower. Easy to be in a mid-class truck, with a V-8, and call everyone else out with bigger trucks and V-8s.

I'll wait and let this go for a couple more hours, just keep it civil.

:withstupid:

I'll admit that theres some posts in this thread I made that were out of line, but I think we all get a little defensive of this site when we get a troll... of the truck sites out there silveradoss.com is EXTREMELY nice. I'm glad this has civilized and we've got some guys from the other side of the fence here now... hopefully this'll turn out to be a good thing. Competition is healthy! What else do you have to motivate you other than being faster than 'the other guy' :thumbs:

Unfortunately this year's event just came and went recently, but I would heavily recommend any SW area SS's who would like to come out for some friendly racing to plan to attend the Truckin' Nationals at Firebird Raceway in Phoenix AZ next year. The event is typically held on the 3rd weekend of October, and there is always quite a variety of trucks to race against. This year we had about 20 R/T's in attendance (usually there's 30 but we had our national meet 3 weeks prior, a lot of people couldn't afford both), plus 12 or so Lightnings and a variety of other vehicles including Pro-Stock trucks.

http://www.truckinationals.com

There is also an all-truck drag race held at LVMS in Las Vegas every spring.

http://www.lvms.com

twotrucks.jpg

I know the difference

That was sarcasm :thumbs:

Archived