Having Bad thoughts

superman

This would in noway be my daily driver. i really only drive the SS on Fridays and on the weekend. I have a iroc z camaro and a nissan pick up that i drive daily.

I know this is not a pratical car but i am only 25 and am not married yet, so what better time to get one? (girl friend might freak but). Before i had the SS i bought a vette, only had it for 6 months and sold it to my dad. its just one of those things i want to say i had i guess. :confused:

i havent made my mind up yet on what i am going to do just kicking around some ideas. There is no better truck IMO than the SS that is for sure! ! ! wish i could afford to have them both but i cant. Maybe i just need to do something different to my truck. :tear:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
After a few days of driving a Viper, when the new-ness wears off, and people stop asking you about it.....You wish you never bought it. 

It is not, and was never intended to be a daily driver.  Cramped, uncomfortable, awkward driving position and one terrible rough ride.  Do I need to mention fuel milage, repair costs (that hood is stupid expensive), INSURANCE COSTS.

Well, don't let me talk you out of it, as it would be a great weekend worrior, but not a everyday driver.

At any rate, always factor in insurance costs, resale value, and repair costs into a purchase such as these.  I've ssen way to many people afford a exotic, that can't pay to maintain it.  :(

Yeah talk about the stupid expensive hood my friends brother just wrecked his dads viper cracked one corner of the hood the body shop said they will not repair it and gaurantee the work. So his dad priced a new hood $12,000!!!! :eek:

95 viper = No AC, and no stereo.  That is a deal breaker for me.

What are you talking about? they have both ac and stereo system. Some may not but i know most of them do. :wtf:

NOT :nono: In 95 those were options that were few and far between. 96 a/c was standard.

JOSH

I have wanted a viper for ever. The look and the performance is unreal. I use to have a modded out 94z28 that trapped 110 in the quarter. The car had a nice lopey cam and I remember one day sitting at a light and a viper went by and the sound of the viper has always stayed with me. I couldn't even hear my z running.

I would pick a viper over a vette anyday. I would prey nothing broke on it though

Ill give you one thing, the Viper is ^WAY^ high on the cool scale.

I really do think that the Vette is the best bang for the buck and I really think that it is a lot better built vehicle.

I am a service manager at a Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep dealership and drive Vipers all the time. The new body style is a much better car that the previous. This is a kick in the @$$ fast car and has the feel of a Lexus.

This is a totaly differant vehicle from the previous Vipers...

:cheers: JOSH

Like I said before, don't let me talk you out of something you want to do....but think about what others posted here.

A 95' has seen some time on it (getting old by sport car standards) They are very low on options, and the interior quality was pretty bad.

However, either your insurance on the SS is unreal, or you got one hell of a insurance company. Those cars are way expensive to fix. A local guy and talked at length about his 96'. He liked it, as a Sunday driver, but that was about it.

As for the crazy ones that would use it as a everyday driver, your exactly that...

I would drive one everyday too, but it would have to be a 01' or newer GTS, and still, only in the summer months. (But that's what the Mallett's for ;) )

Since insurance is ruled out, think about repair costs and resale value (mainly because I think you will get tired of it quickly)

I agree, I dont want to talk you out of something that you have your heart set on BUT. I know when my techs see an old Viper come in they all run because they do not want to work on it. It seems like they all have problems. The interior is crap and the doors always rub the rocker panels. most have been repainted and if not the hood has clear coat oxidation. It is high on the cool factor but it would be like buying an old project car. If that is way you want Im betting you have another car you would like to have that would be a lot better.

Just my .02

Ive spoke my peace and will keep my opinions to myself now. Good luck

JOSH

Archived