Maxed Out the Speedo

schmidty77

Hood is not custom. Maybe I could make an adjustment. But it definetely rattles around on the latch at about anything 95 and above. The faster I go the more violent it gets.

Dylan, your program is way screwed up. My computer is tuned with a whipple programmer to go with my supercharger. When my cousin, who works at whipple, installed the program he added in the wrong rear gear ratio. Made my speedometer max out in about 3 seconds, added about 45 miles on to the tach instead of 15 miles, and sent my ABS warning light in to a frenzy. The computer actually knew somehting was wrong when the truck would stop from 120 in half the time it took to get there. Check what gear ratio was installed to your program or maybe wheel diameter settings are your problem.

By the way.....this one is blue. :chevy:

What kind of mods do you have? Just last weekend I had a fellow member of this site completely remove the speed limiter and rearrange some shift points on my truck w/ HP Tuners. We ran my truck as hard as it would go for long stretches and the best I could do was 108mph and some change? The engine didn't shut down, but it didn't have enough to keep gaining speed... today I had a really long shot out the 210 freeway early in the morning before there was any traffic and the best I could do was a hair past 111mph... what am I doing wrong? :confused:

Dylan, any luck getting your SS above 111 yet? Just curious..

• 9 months later...
My truck tops out at 109-111 and my hood seems to be fine. At what speed does the hood start shaking?

Mine starts shaking at 80 or so. It looks like its gonna fly open. What is the speed limiter set at on our trucks i've hit 120 a few times?

• 2 months later...
would i be better off getting a pcm4less tune or buying a superchip or one of the other brands of programers? :dunno:

PCM4less! Without question!! :devil: Do not, I repeat do not touch a handheld programmer. :devil: PCM4less is cheaper and has way better results!! :thumbs:

Just call Brian, trust me you will love it!

Korey

i don't know, with my truck, nothing is seriously modded. just mfnaflow cat back, k&n fipk, goodmark hood, and efi live tuning by me. when i went to florida, coming through alabama on 67, the truck had no problem topping out the speedo right past 120. i don't know the top speed but it was past 120. 80-120 in a about a minute giving it probably 3/4 throttle. i never had a hood rattle either. i think the hoods may not be set up correctly on the factory brackets.

Archived