9 batteries later.....

Aspentaylor

That's cool.  Must've missed that in the thread somewhere.  New trucks are always a good thing.  What will you do without that awesome blue? :tear:

I don't know!!! :cry: That is the one thing I am :mad: about. I guess they will not customize it will they? So...black might be my new color. Hopefully I will know what is going on soon. I want to buy a bowtie, but I do not know what color to get right now :crazy:

when you get your settelment done tell them you WANT a blue one just like yours now. i think thay can find a new one with 0 miles on it some where. :dunno:

good luck...

:seeya:

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah for me!  New battery!  Thank goodness b/c I got tired of jumping it every where I went.  Made me look like an idiot.  Oh yeah...I got pissed......my back window now says....

9 Batteries...still NO settlement.

Thanks GM!!!  Like a rock baby!!!

Does that mean the battery will die by tomorrow and you will be jumping it again? I cant believe they havent figured this out yet. I dont know much about electrical systems on our trucks but as long as this has been happening I bet I could of solved it by now running different tests :banghead:

• 4 weeks later...

Guess what!?!?! Even though Chevrolet has had 3 times to inspect the truck and keep it as long as they want, they get yet ANOTHER chance. Stupid lawsuit discovery process

This is such BS! Now I have to waste gas driving to and from the dealership so they can look at it again. :mad::mad::mad: AND drive a POS rental car. Chevy sux in my book as of right now. Just give me a new truck darn it! :banghead:

Hmm I hope I don't have to go through an inspection process I guess i'll find out tomarrow afternoon when the BBB calls me back with info.

Good luck with that! It really sux! Especially when they tell you the truck is running as designed and nothing is wrong with it :)

I never went through the BBB during my GM repurchase. I did call GM customer service though. They tried to offer me a extended warranty at no cost which I declined. I then told them I was going to get a lawyer at which point they told me they could no longer help me. The lawyer I got told me I wasnt required to file anything with BBB. The BBB usually favored the manufacturer more then the consumer anyways by giving the dealers more chances to fix the problems(s). If the dealer cant fix the probelm(s) within 3 attemps Id say they probably will never be fixed. He took care of all the paper work. All I had to do was fax him the repair invoices and sign some stuff. I ended up paying nothing for mileage offset since the first problem occured at 27 miles. I chose a replacement truck rather then cash. MSRPs for both trucks had to match or the difference would be paid by me. The total time for a settlement took about 3 months after I lawyered up. GM paid my attorney fees ($2100). This was due to a California Lemon Law clause which forces the manufacture to pay all attorney fees if they lose the case.

• 1 month later...
Anyone else having problems with batteries. dying within a month or two?  I am on my 9th battery and no one has any idea what is wrong.  I already have a lawsuit pending against GM because GM said everying is perfectly okay with my truck.  I just want to know if anyone else has had this problem.  Email me!  [email protected]

I don't think they are trying to fix it. I think they just replace the battery and don't fix the problem so they can see your pretty face when you bring your truck back.

Anyone else having problems with batteries. dying within a month or two?  I am on my 9th battery and no one has any idea what is wrong.  I already have a lawsuit pending against GM because GM said everying is perfectly okay with my truck.  I just want to know if anyone else has had this problem.  Email me!   [email protected]

I don't think they are trying to fix it. I think they just replace the battery and don't fix the problem so they can see your pretty face when you bring your truck back.

:withstupid:

• 2 weeks later...

You can take your truck to any dealer while it's under warranty. Rather than taking it back to the same dealer who apparently doesn't know or care how to fix it I would take it to the other dealer near you who is hopefully more competent. Since you are going to court for this they may still rule that it's not a lemon just that the dealer didn't diagnose it correctly and then they may get yet another chance to fix it.

Anyway you look at it though it sucks and they should compensate you with something like an extended warranty too for all the hell you've been through with this.

I can't believe this is still ongoing. Good luck.

• 5 months later...

What ever became of this? I'm going through nearly the same problem. Bought my '03 SSS in Jan '04. In Jan '05 had the steering repair done. In Mar the battery died. Dealer replaced it under warranty. I just had my 4th batt replaced, dealer and chevy techs can't find a problem. The batteries dont just die, one cell goes completely dead, cant charge. They have me logging my driving habits to make sure I'm driving long enough to recharge.

So what is the update, and anyone else having this problem?

Brad

I went to a settlement conference a month ago and GM did not offer anything to settle the case. They still think my cell phone charger and horse trailer is the problem. Too bad I bought the horse trailer after the 4th or 5th battery and I bought the charger later than that. But of course they want to inspect both of those items. That happens in January. Then we have another settlement conference then trial. It has been a year since I filed suit. Its beginning to get old. I know it is the truck, but of course GM will not admit it. I am completely pissed off now!!!

AspenTaylor,

Does that mean that the truck isn't fixed? Or has the last battery been better? I'm waiting for my newest batt to die on me any day. If your problem got fixed, or went away by itself, I'd like to know. My service mgr said that the Escalade's and Denali's had a problem with a swithc in the steering column causing them to drain batts, but that that hasn't been a problem with Silverado's. My batt's are doing the same thing as yours, one or more cells going so bad that the batt can't be charged.

In another post you mentioned a settlement. Was that daydreaming? I wish you all the luck. I hope that I can avoid any of that. But that is certainly my next step if nothing is resolved. Again good luck.

Brad

Archived