05' SS Zippy Event

zippy

ok, after beating the phone down on many hotel calls. here are the recomendations.

1. AmeriHost Inn. 231-798-0220

spoke with the manager there and he has some bookings for that weekend, but does have a few rooms remaining. he's aware of the event and is most willing to work with me on it. if there are any cancelations the SS guys will get first dibs on extra rooms also.

2. Best Western. 616-842-4720

this hotel is directly next door to the dealership i work at. they weren't much help in getting rooms booked, but did say that they had plenty of rooms left for that weekend at this point.

3. Days Inn. 616-842-1999

one of our nicer local hotels and it's about 500 feet from my desk at work. this one gets booked frequently for that time of year, but it's still an optional choice.

my intention was to find one hotel and get a group rate, but with this being a tourist town that's difficult to do for a weekend in the summer. this was about the best i could come up with at this point.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Zip..

Which one is the best, acomidation and rate in your opinion and make and executive decision,

We will trust you in this! Hell a Hotel is a Hotel, nothing else really but a place to sleep and shower!

I am ready to book it now if we have to.

i like the map. :D

of those three the days inn is the nicest with a bar attatched to it. the best deal is likely to be the amerihost with the number of rooms they have left. that one is a few minutes out of grand haven, althoug closer to where i live. the best western isn't too bad at all either and has the most rooms available at this point.

the best western and the days in. they are about 150 feet from each other and are closest to the main area. the other is a few minute drive to get into town, but a direct highway run.

What are the days everyone is planning on, is this an all weekend thing? Is there anywhere down by the action (water) that everyone can park together, since all the hotels are kinda away from the action. Are there any other car shows etc. other than the Coast Gaurd stuff? Was thinking of making a camping trip, are there any close by campgounds? Thanks for the info Zippy, I will be there for sure, already have the vacation time planned!

• 2 weeks later...

everything is still the same for the event. same date and all. as for meeting in chicago, i'll have to check the schedule with the shop to see what work we have coming in.

Archived