VHO vs SS ?

DirtySSouth

I am having major conflicts here...I read on this bored about VHO's almost stock, with just a tune, exhaust running 13.6's.....Thats the speed of a lighting correct ? For an SS to run 13.6's it takes quite a few mods, I am not even sure if a supercharged SS only will run a 13.6 and the VHO's are running that with just exhaust and a chip ? Can someone explain where the difference is other than the AWD....are we really losing 2 seconds in the quarter mile becaues of AWD ?!?! :confused::confused::confused:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have seen one with a tune, exhaust, and a CAI with a 13.9 slip. They do have a few hundred lbs less than us and weight makes a huge diff. I took off 170 lbs last time I went to the track, and gained just over .2 sec. He probably also took off his spare, tailgate, etc so he probably weighed a lot less than we do. Also the 13.9 that I have heard is only .6 sec faster than I ran, and I don't have exhaust. Plus at the track they can have slicks. AWD is an advantage for us only on the street. It *may* be posible for one to run a 13.6 with those mods, but most of them shouldn't. Most will need more than that. I will agree that they are pretty damn quick though for what they have.

Aaron

The VHO's I've read about that have broke 14 seconds are running 26" slicks, some sort of tune, exhaust, and CAI of somekind. I have the same mods my personal best at Tulsa was mid 14's that's with the 20's on and did not take anything off to lighten the load. So, I think I could probably break 14 if I put on the slicks. My 60' times have all been around 2.2 - 2.4. If not it would definately be very low 14's.

My buddy has a VHO and hopefully he can make it to Jax so we can line them up. This will be a street test though, I'm pretty sure he wont have time to make it to a track. So, if it happens, I will be sure to post the results.

C.K.

The VHO's in my area are taking the SSS by as much as a truck length in the quarter. They're taking the Hemi's by as much as two truck lengths. None of these trucks so far have any mod's. I personally took a hemi by about 1-3/4 lengths. I have no mods and the only mod on the hemi was exhaust :driving:

Archived