Diablo Sport Programmer?

ctrow

BenKey

You would have to sell it cheap as it costs $200.00 to reprogram it. I think that Summit sells the Hypertech for $349.00.

I don't want a reprogram, I want it reset. Hoping there is a diff in costs.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

whm,

I'm glad you were happier with yours than I was with mine. I saw a difference but I did not think it was a $395 difference. I hear this Westers PCM makes a huge difference (he hopes). The jury is still out on this claim, however.

I met a guy in Hutchinson KS yesterday and he put a Hypertech reprogrammer in and a new intake system and he said that he noticed a huge difference. It was a Red SS.

Funny - when the hypertech is not even available yet. Unless it came out last week some time. I spoke to them the week before.

Interesting, I got an email from Diablo today. If you remember I had a hard time reaching them a few weeks ago. Too bad I already got the Westers. Yes, I am happy with it. It seems to be driving better and better everyday.

Lyndon is going to make a few changes to transmission shifts but other than that, well worth it! :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...
Wester's Garage has a performance PCM for the SS. It is 10 thousand times better than the hypertech ever wants to be! Westers Garage

WHAT REALLY IS INVOLVED IN GETIING TO THE PC IN MY SS? I AM ORDERING TO DAY AND WOULD LIKE TO HAVE IDEA OF WHAT IT TAKES TO CHANGE THE PROM OUT.

COMMENTS AND INSTRUCTION ARE MORE THAN WELCOME PLEASE.

:cheers:

on the drivers side of the radiator, there's a black plactic cover for the PCM. pop it off and release the clip. The PCM will slide out. Remove the two bolts holding in the connectors. Pull the connectors out and exhange the PCM. Do the reverse to hook it back up. Also before doing anything, remove the negative from the battery!

BTW, it's an entire PCM and not just a chip that gets replaced.

WHAT REALLY IS INVOLVED IN GETIING TO THE PC IN MY SS? I AM ORDERING TO DAY AND WOULD LIKE TO HAVE IDEA OF WHAT IT TAKES TO CHANGE THE PROM OUT.

COMMENTS AND INSTRUCTION ARE MORE THAN WELCOME PLEASE.

Your signature says you had one in your 2002 Tahoe... it shouldnt be that much different on the SS but i could be dead wrong :confused:

on the drivers side of the radiator, there's a black plactic cover for the PCM. pop it off and release the clip. The PCM will slide out. Remove the two bolts holding in the connectors. Pull the connectors out and exhange the PCM. Do the reverse to hook it back up. Also before doing anything, remove the negative from the battery!

BTW, it's an entire PCM and not just a chip that gets replaced.

I've had mine out at least 50 times and never disconnected the battery :uhoh: Just make sure the key is off ;)

:cheers:

THANKS FOR THE INFO GUYS. YES I DID HAVE ONE IN MY TAHOE BUT I DID NOT PUT IT IN. A SHOP HERE IN RENO DID THAT FOR ME AND SHOWED ME HE WAS DONE. I HOPE I CAN GET THE SAME GAINS OUT OF THE SS AS I DID WITH MY TAHOE! I AM HOLDING OFF ON THE PCM UNTIL I GET A PIFK AND SOME PIPES, THEN I CAN GET THE PCM PROGRAMMED PROPERLY, VICE HAVING TO SEND IT BACK IN IF I GET THE PCM NOW AND THE ADD ONS LATER.

R/

Archived