Diablo Sport Programmer?

ctrow

Angel had the Hypertech Programmer and he ran a 14.02 1/4mile. Then he heard that the Diablo was very good and he bought it and the truck ran a 14.16 1/4mile, he spent $120.00 more than the Hypertech to slow down the truck… He was not very happy… :fume:

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got to check after work today at the post office. Even if it's here I'll have to probably get it tomorrow morning since they will be closed by the time I get home.

I really hope it's here. Don't know if I can wait anymore. :crazy:

Lee - good link. Lot's of good stuff over there. Saw ol' ridnlow spreading the gospel over there too. At least he's consistent. Still waiting on what he thought about the one he bought for his Tahoe, though.

Did you notice there was another Lee on here?

Did you notice there was another Lee on here?

Yeah, just what we need, two people with the same name. That'll get confusing quickly, huh?

I'm following the PCM VERY closely, too. If that turned out to be as good as some say it is it will be a DEFINITE addition for me. I'm going to take the performance mods very slowly and carefully at this point, Ben. I already have just over 5 grand in mods and an s-chgr will be another $6,000. And none of that money is recoverable at resale so I have to weigh very carefully whether the cost will be worth the loss in the end. I keep telling myself that I have more years behind me that in front of me so as long as I don't put myself in financial trouble this is not the time in ones life to get too cheap. You can't take it with you as they say and I DO LOVE TO GO FAST. :D:D:D

Film at 11

whm,

That's what everyone around here is waiting for, the guys who have already ordered their PCM. We are all anxiously awaiting the results.

Personally, I would not spend a dime to have your Hypertech reprogrammed. That's just MHO you understand but I had one too for my '99 Silverado and was NOT thrilled with what I got for $395.

The hypertech programming is still not available, the Wester's PCM is.

I'm pretty sure that I'm not getting the hypertech re-programmed, but I still have the data from my 99'GMC in it, therefore unable to sell it for someone else to use unless reset - not reprogrammed.

Does anyone know how much this costs? :confused:

-Ben

Lee,

I originally bought my Hypertech for my 2000 LT. It made the LT outstanding. I only kept that truck for one month before I swapped it for an Aavalanche. I sent the Hypertech back to be reprogrammed for the Avalanche. When I reprogrammed it it did not give it any more power. Then I bought my wife a new 2002 regular cab with the 4.8 and I guess that is a little better, not like the 2000 though. I called a Hypertech(yes you actually get to talk to a technician) and they said that they were not getting much performance out of the 2002's.

But you still get to change other things. The 2003 SS version might be good. Just hoping that someone does it before I spend my money.

Archived