Diablo Sport Programmer?

ctrow

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No I watch from home, the traffic is horrible. Plus on a clear night I can open my windows and it sounds like I am there.

Traffic was pretty bad when I went to the 500 in 98'. This will be my first time seeing it at night. Should be an awesome sight. Nothing like being there.

Just got word from Lyndon, just shipped today and takes 5-8 days. Please, please, please be here by Friday... :D

Isn't it always nice to have your toys show up on Friday so you have the whole weekend to play with them? It's my favorite time for surprises to be placed at my door step. :jester:

Here are some of the questions I sent to Lyndon about the PCM and warranty. I also asked about torque management:

> As far as the new computer goes, if I have to take it into the dealership

> for repairs, what will I need to do?<<

Nothing.

>> I'm afraid if they see that the

> computer has been changed, they will void the warranty and/or reflash the

> computer back to factory specs.<<

I put the newest GM program in your PCM. The program uses some ID segment numbers which

I do not modify. When the GM software sees these numbers, it "knows" that the latest program

is in there. It will not allow a reflash. Haven't had a customer overwritten yet <fingers crossed>.

> The other thing is torque management. I see the value of it helping

> performance by removing it but will I have to worry about it causing

> premature transmission failure?<<

No. I raise line pressure as an offset. I raised your torque management value to 640 from 450 (factory).

I'm not sure the factory 6.0L will even make 450 ft/lbs at the crankshaft.

> Or will it not matter because the tranny

> won't be slipping as much? As a side note, I have the tow package that does

> have the transmission cooler.

Excellent. Hope it shows up soon--I think you'll love the change.

Lyndon

I was on another truck website and there was a whole thread about Wester's Garage. Nobody was complaining. Everyone seems thrilled not only with the service but the new PCM as well. I just spent the last hour looking around their web page. This looks like a no brainer. My only concern was that guys were talking about the new PCM needing about 30 miles to "adjust" to the engine (or the drivers habits) or something like that. Two or three of the guys said they had some pinging right after the new chip was installed and after a few miles it went away. Is that possible? Do these chips learn? I didn't know chips needed a "break in period" (for lack of something else to call it).

Anyway, I rarely see any product where everyone seems to be happy. There are always a few people who don't like something but not in this case.

Kind of like our beloved SS's, right? I mean , EVERYONE loves this truck. I hear L owners are selling their rides like crazy just to get one of our SS's. :jester:

Seriously, I can't wait to hear the feedback from the guys on this board who have already ordered their new chip. Looks like I'll be right behind them. :thumbs:

Your stock PCM has a break in period too.. thats why GM tells you to drive slow for 500 miles or so.... not Lyndon he says Open it up about 4 or 5 times in the first 30 miles and you will be ok... Also Lyndon said there will be some pinging but it should go away after the first tank of gas basically..

Wait I want in too! Well, I really can't complain. It's the price I have to pay for being impatient.

I mentioned to Lyndon about the site so he knows about. Told him if it works out well, he'd have a few more orders coming in.

Archived