What does everyone do for a living?

bennytheflash

I make cans for Coca Cola. Look on your next Coke product by the UPC label and if it says Rexam I might have made it. Pay is great, 4 days on 3 days off 3 days on 4 days off. Awesome benefits, and tons of perks. I am also a certified welder and weld and fabricate for my buddies fab shop. All this with a degree in mechanical engineering with a major in C.A.D.

wow thats cool im gonna be looking at all the coke cans now lol

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
General Dynamics Land Systems, work out of Ft. Lewis WA, currently in Afghanistan, all variants of strykers!!!

We're working on strykers as well at the moment, you mind if I contact you if I have questions.....

• 4 months later...

Fleet Tech, City of Colorado Springs Police Dept. 15 years in, I'm half way to retirement Whoo Hoo! Just when I think I have seen everthing, the Cops will pull something new! Best job yet was removing a box spring mattress that was wrapped around a Crown Vic. driveshaft, wraped so tight car would not move. Cop was haulin down a dark alley and thought he ran over something!

Goodness, it seems that everybody here has really good jobs. Myself however work really hard for everything that I have. I am a manager at a store in the mall and I am a full-time college student. Like they say hard work pays off and I am going to graduate in May!!! The haters that are around me through make it IMPOSSIBLE to modify my truck but hopefully, one day they will stop!! I am looking forward to purchasing a 2007/08 single cab to use as an everyday car and keep the SSS for the weekends. Of course, pimping it out on the side!..lol..

I posted one here a while ago and don't see it any more. I work 2 jobs 7 days a week monday threw friday I work in a saw mill then saturday and sunday I work as a deli cook in the local store and kinda learn a little about butchering meat. I have known the owner of the town store all my life and when the lumber market got bad 2 years ago the owner came up to me and offered me a job and was willing to let me keep my other and work around my hours there. So if the mill ever shuts down a week or 2 they give me 40 hours at the store

I've posted this in another thread but I work for HP Software-as-a-Service. I create/modify/troubleshoot monitoring and load testing scripts for applications (web and other things). I work with hundreds of customer around the world, so it's interesting at times.

I'm also currently taking courses to get some certs. I just got my CompTIA A+ cert, working on Network+, and will go for the MCITP (Microsoft Certified IT Professional). The last one is the updated version of the MCSE (Microsoft Certified System Engineer).

I've posted this in another thread but I work for HP Software-as-a-Service. I create/modify/troubleshoot monitoring and load testing scripts for applications (web and other things). I work with hundreds of customer around the world, so it's interesting at times.

I'm also currently taking courses to get some certs. I just got my CompTIA A+ cert, working on Network+, and will go for the MCITP (Microsoft Certified IT Professional). The last one is the updated version of the MCSE (Microsoft Certified System Engineer).

How are those certs working out for you salary wise? I've been in the field about 10 years now and know more value is placed on those with experience and degrees than those with certs and little experience.

I'm a Aviation Electricians Mate 1st Class in the US Navy. I work in the Quality Assurance Department at Helicopter Anti-Submarine Squadron Light Forty as a maintenance inspector and instructor on Sikorsky SH-60B helicopters. In my off time, as little as there is, I do custom woodworking here in the Jacksonville area.

How are those certs working out for you salary wise? I've been in the field about 10 years now and know more value is placed on those with experience and degrees than those with certs and little experience.

I've been in the field about 11 years now also and they aren't doing anything for my salary (not here at HP), they don't even pertain to my current job. But my thinking is that if I ever want to get out of HP or what I'm doing now they will give me better options and maybe at that point better pay also. So with this I'll have the certs and experience which hopefully will count for something.

Archived