SS vs Toyota X-runner

bagged7104ss

I'm on the way home from work and I spot a blue toyota in front of me that looks like the one that my cousin Alex just bought. I speed up to get next to him and catch him at the red light. I complemented his truck, and I tell him "we have to race" because my cousin always talks shit about how he THINKS his is faster(He lives in DC so I can't race him myself to shut him up). So we hit it at the light and he's behind me by 5-6 car links at least by the time we hit 70 mph. I killed him right off the line. "I love AWD." :driving: Then we met again at the next light (which was conveintly red) raced again, he got a better lauch this time but I still had him by 5 or 6 car links by 70 mph. Good thing there was traffic because it saved us from getting tickets, a couple of motorcycle cops came out of nowhere.

SS=2 wins :jester:

Toy=0 wins :tear:

Pat

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought the Toyota Tacoma X-runner, only came in one form a 4.0L V6 4x2 with a 6spd manual. They are only N/A there is no supercharger option from what I remember. They are 245bhp and 282 lb/ft. I'm prety sure they are not supercharged. Maybe you are confused with Nissan's frontier? :dunno:

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/Spec_Gla...a&trimid=100434

It was supercharged, I thought I heard blow out valves but didn't think they had those as an option yet, oh well even better. :D

sorry 'bout that. i was looking @ press releases about the concept vehicle. checked toyota site, no blower. i guess :chevy: isn't the only company who gets hopes up only to kill the concept before production. :icon_bs:

It was supercharged, I thought I heard blow out valves but didn't think they had those as an option yet, oh well even better. :D

sorry 'bout that. i was looking @ press releases about the concept vehicle. checked toyota site, no blower. i guess :chevy: isn't the only company who gets hopes up only to kill the concept before production. :icon_bs:

Really no SC option. Bummer for them. I do wish I had the six speed sometimes though...

• 2 weeks later...

There is a TRD SC kit. There are part numbers for it but not sure if it has been released to the public. Power gains where not all that impressive. I will see if I can find the article again.

Really no SC option. Bummer for them. I do wish I had the six speed sometimes though...

Archived