SS vs Toyota X-runner

bagged7104ss

So like i said to lose by 5cars dude didnt hit the gas pedal. Also your AWD is gonna hurt you from a roll.

looks to each their own..the SS just looks like a reg silverado with wheels.

Brother you're truly displaying your ignorance right here...if you want to stick around here I'd slow your roll and get to know us before shouting off at the mouth.

The SS you claimed to have raced must have been parked...or in reverse! Get your shit together, and like I said, we are a bunch of pretty nice easy going guys around here...stick around you might learn something. But slow down a little...if you're just trolling through :seeya:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Explain to me where you get your fact that my truck cannot beat a SS...I see all these guys posting up they are running in the 15's high 14's and traping like 88mph in your Track section.

My truck stock runs in the 14.9-15.2 at around 90-93mph trap speed...so explain to me where it is going to be BS...I have a intake a Custom true dual exhaust on mine so its a bit faster then stock. So please explain to me how the SS has no way of being beat by my XRunner. Seems your just to stuck on wanting to believe it cant be beat by a v6

X-runners do run similar times to an SS. Light mid size truck with some power can move. The guy who beat a x-runner with the stock SS by 5 truck lengths is not something to get worried about. As you should know the x-runner comes in a standard transmission. I've seen all sorts of terrible manual drivers around. With a stick the variation between 1/4 mile 0-60 depends so heavily on the driver that, I don't think you should start attacking his claim. I see it perfectly possible that your x-runner kept ahead of an SS. Again it could be difference between drivers etc. Street races are always unpredictable. With two trucks running similar times, I've seen the x-runner rated at 15.2 at 1/4 and the SS at 15.0 1/4. Its not unlikely one could beat the other under certain circumstances. As for your comment on the SS being a reg silverado with wheels, if you see it like that the x-runner is even worse. The SS has an LQ9 6.0L as opposed to a regular 1500 with a 5.3L,4.8L, or in the 1500HD LQ4 6.0L, also awd is only available in the SS. No regular silverado except VHO can get the same motor. On the other hand the in any tacoma the 4.0L 245hp motor is available, you do not have to get an x-runner to get a 4.0L and a 6 speed. Then of course both trucks have the appearance package (body cladding, rims, lowered). So the x-runner is actually more like a regular tacoma in my opinion than the SS is like a regular silverado.

yea its a tacoma with lowered Susp. 6speed 2wd 4.0

also with Xbracing that helps it pull .9g's in the corners.

The XRunner is the only 2wd truck with the 4.0 motor and has the 6speed.

Only other way to get 4.0 and 6speed is with the 4x4 or prerunner truck

Atleast someone understands that an XRunner can beat an SS. Plus I have my exhaust an intake wich def made the truck good bit faster top end then when it was stock.

Performance specs:

Acceleration 0-60: 6.9 sec

Quarter-mile elapsed time: 14.92 @ 93.10

Braking 60-0: 116.56 ft

Brake fade 60-0: 121.02 ft

600-ft slalom: 63.67 mph

Thats what Sport truck ran out of the XRunner

yea its a tacoma with lowered Susp. 6speed 2wd 4.0

also with Xbracing that helps it pull .9g's in the corners.

The XRunner is the only 2wd truck with the 4.0 motor and has the 6speed.

Only other way to get 4.0 and 6speed is with the 4x4 or prerunner truck

Atleast someone understands that an XRunner can beat an SS. Plus I have my exhaust an intake wich def made the truck good bit faster top end then when it was stock.

Performance specs:

Acceleration 0-60: 6.9 sec

Quarter-mile elapsed time: 14.92 @ 93.10

Braking 60-0: 116.56 ft

Brake fade 60-0: 121.02 ft

600-ft slalom: 63.67 mph

Thats what Sport truck ran out of the XRunner

I hope you also see than an SS can beat a x-runner in the exact same way. And I'm pretty sure you can get the 4.0L in a 2wd tacoma without the x-runner edition.

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/Spec_Gla...VIP&tab=2&sub=0

So x-runner package is basically suspension package, body skirts and rims.

whereas SS is, body cladding, exhaust, engine, awd, suspension and rims.

I don't see your point in saying that an SS is like a regular silverado, when your x-runner is like a regular tacoma.

Anything can happen on the street....but remember guy you're on a SS forum. If I came over your house to shit in the front lawn you'd be mad too.

Not every XRunner can beat an stock SS like I'm sure not every SS can beat a stock XRunner.

What's worse than people who own foreign cars??? People who love and brag about them :yellow_loser::shakehead::flag:

I hope you also see than an SS can beat a x-runner in the exact same way.  And I'm pretty sure you can get the 4.0L in a 2wd tacoma without the x-runner edition.

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/Spec_Gla...&tab=2⊂=0

So x-runner package is basically suspension package, body skirts and rims.

whereas SS is, body cladding, exhaust, engine, awd, suspension and rims.

I don't see your point in saying that an SS is like a regular silverado, when your x-runner is like a regular tacoma.

no the XRunner is only one with the 4.0 and 6speed all others are 4cyl 2wd

Anything can happen on the street....but remember guy you're on a SS forum. If I came over your house to shit in the front lawn you'd be mad too.

Not every XRunner can beat an stock SS like I'm sure not every SS can beat a stock XRunner.

What's worse than people who own foreign cars??? People who love and brag about them :yellow_loser::shakehead::flag:

When did I say it can beat every SS...i said I beat the one I ran into on the street. :nopity: You do know the tacoma is an American truck..there are no tacomas built overseas.

I am not gonna sit here and argue over something none of you where there to see. I know what happened..Atleast I wasnt like the guy saying I beat it by 5car lengths and really streatching the story

Come to Iowa sometime, I'd love to eat your x-runner for lunch.

I don't have much...

Custom true dual exhaust

K&N FIPK

Aftermarket MAF (descreened)

Hypertech 160* Thermostat

PCMforless custom tune

Don't come to our forum and run off at the mouth. :nono: You'll get nowhere quick. Maybe you'll received the coveted Banned for 30 days award. :D

LOL..if you pay for my gas..I would come to run your truck.

have to wait till next year..truck goes away for the winter soon.

Dont get get so butt sore over fact that I beat a SS and atleast was truthful. Not like your other member that musta raced a parked truck or a 4cyl truck putting 5cars on it..Unless he is in the low low 13's no way

LOL..if you pay for my gas..I would come to run your truck.

have to wait till next year..truck goes away for the winter soon.

Dont get get so butt sore over fact that I beat a SS and atleast was truthful. Not like your other member that musta raced a parked truck or a 4cyl truck putting 5cars on it..Unless he is in the low low 13's no way

How far of a drive is it? :)

Btw I don't get buttsore over losses, if you'd notice by reading some of the other posts other than what have to do with your vehicle there are plenty of other posts where people have lost to cars and still had fun.

Try reading, I realize this might be a problem for you, but at least try.

Archived