Has any SS Silverado owners ran a lightning yet?

SS Adam

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think, on the street, I could take a HD to 100mph. I don't think an L will leave me by much at all either.

I've now raced 2 different stock HD's and beat em both. My only mod so far is the dual 50 Flowmaters . . . a lightning thats different, but shave that much weight off of an SS and its a fair fight. You just can't compare an SS to L w/ the weight difference, its just not fair!

Lightnings are not all that fast. A while back, I passed one like he was standing still. In fact he was standing still, stuck in traffic, while I whizzed by in the carpool lane :D

I am still waiting to see a Lightning going the same direction I am, and not in traffic. I will lose, but I am curious as to how much quicker the Lightning will be. I guess that will have a lot to do with his mod list. I just don't see enough of them on the road to get a chance. Pretty much the same with HDs even though they are more "common".

Anyone in the New England area with a modded SS want to have some fun?

I will love to play with you on the street, I will be running my 20's with low pro's.

I use to run 12.0's with my 22" KMC bofas back in 01 before the built motor and bigger blower so I know I will be in the 11's on the 20" Budniks now. Now, if you are talking racing in the rain, then yes you would take me for a bit but, It would be fun to see who backed off first. :cheers:

For the ones that think a Lightning is so light in weight. mine scales in at 4920 in street trim. For anyone that wants or that thinks this is just internet BS, I would be more than happy to e-mail you one of my videos of my Lightning running 12.0's on the 22's with 285/30/22's for tires. No traction problem for me.

Or we can meet up for a street race and have a video to post here afterwards. Either way, all in fun :flag::thumbs:

Bill-03-SD

I thought I would add that my Lightning is in the new issue of Muscle Mustang and Fast Fords magizine, on the shelf until March. I picked up two copies today. lol

I know most of you wont be caught dead buying or even looking at a (Ford) magazine, but I thought it was pretty cool, I have three pictures in it and a nice little write up, check it out.

Anyway, back to the offer, some of you guys want to run a Lightning on the street with your modded SS, If you are in the New England area we can make it happen.

All in fun, so the offer is out there.. :cheers:

Bill-03-SD

I thought I would add that my Lightning is in the new issue of Muscle Mustang and Fast Fords magizine, on the shelf until March. I picked up two copies today. lol

I know most of you wont be caught dead buying or even looking at a (Ford) magazine, but I thought it was pretty cool, I have three pictures in it and a nice little write up, check it out.

Anyway, back to the offer, some of you guys want to run a Lightning on the street with your modded SS, If you are in the New England area we can make it happen.

Bill-03-SD

What are your modifications?

I thought I would add that my Lightning is in the new issue of Muscle Mustang and Fast Fords magizine, on the shelf until March.  I picked up two copies today. lol

Bill-03-SD

What are your modifications?

As far as mods go;

JDM built 330ci, heads, cams.

Kenne Bell blower

Full JDM exhaust, longtubes, with magnaflow

built transmission, with PI torque converter

373 gears,

upgraded fuel system

pullies, open filter, electric fan/ water pump

JDM/ Superchips tune

A bunch of other smaller stuff,

742 rwhp dynoed.

It's a real fun truck on the street, and I know it is still just a (Ford) lol

Bill-03-SD

Personally . . . Id rather be smacked in the nuts with a 10 lbs. sledge hammer than drive a blue oval product :eek: , but congrats on building one hell of a fast truck! :thumbs: At least its built with tools instead of chopsticks! :flag:

Personally . . . Id rather be smacked in the nuts with a 10 lbs. sledge hammer than drive a blue oval product :eek: , but congrats on building one hell of a fast truck! :thumbs: At least its built with tools instead of chopsticks! :flag:

LOL, man you come up with some funny sh#t.

My bad, it is 642 h.p. at the rear wheels and 739 foot pounds of torque.

I guess I must have been tired when I wrote that last night. lol

Deezel,

It runs 10.80's on slicks and I haven't run it on street tires since 01 when it use to run 12.0's on the big 22's. I would think it would be easy in the 11's on the 20's that I run on the street now.

Thanks for the kind words, and for someone that would rather get smashed in the nuts before driving anything with a Blue oval on it, that is some funny $hit..

And, I think if it came down to it and those were the choices you would drive the Ford and to your surprise you would have one hell of a good time.. :cheers:

Bill-03-SD

I raced a local guy here (I posted trying to find him but never did) in his blue SS and from a 40mph roll it was a slaughter. Same at 60mph. But we were about to catch a light on another try and right before we came to a complete stop, it turned. He was off and I had to feather it up to 35mph or so where I just laid into it. I ended up passing him within seconds but I'm convinced that if it was a race from a dead stop, I'd need over 1/8th mile to catch him. I'm running 12.4 on the track with no slicks/ET streets/etc., so as said before, it would definitely be a different race on the street for a lightly modded SS vs. a Lightning. :thumbs:

Archived