McGaughys 2" drop spindles...

ACDenali

What will the front drop be if we remove the hangers?

I am going to take mine in this week to see what the guys say at the suspension shop. After they did the install they didnt even drive it. So I am going to see what can be done.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am getting my bumpstops put on this week. I ordered some special urethane ones for the front and rear. When its in for that I am going to have them check the pinion angle. I am hoping it can be adjusted and the vibration can be fixed. Like I said, I expect a little vibration since its AWD and it had some before the drop, I suspect a small tire balance issue, but at higher RPMs it feels like its gonna come apart, that feeling wasnt there before. The drivetrain in my SS was smoother than my Z71 I traded it for.

I also worried that the rear angle can be fixed but the front cannot. We will see what happens, I am going to try to call Mike McGaughey direct tomorow and see what he says. If I cant get this all resolved I may have to just put the truck back up to stock, I dont want these problems to cause any additional uneccessary wear to my drivetrain and reliability. I guess it will have just been an expensive lesson.

Hopefully Mike and your shop can get your problems resolved and you can pass on what the fix is to ssblackss. Be sure to tell him you which hole you are using on the hanger and shackle.

McGaughy's did tell me without the hangers there would be terrible vibration because of the pinion angle in the rear. But there are many people here running just shackles without vibration issues. I'm really leaning towards the front being the issue. As Scandore said above, when Mike stopped by to see him he said anything greater than 2" in front will cause vibrations. Maybe you are just a little under 2".

I thought the shop you used already moved the spring on into the 1" hole on the hangers. I thought you said that when they first installed the kit it was too low so they brought it up a bit. Did they do that by moving the spring in the hanger or in the shackle?

By cranking the torsion bars a bit it will bring the front up and may solve everything. See what Mike has to say about all of it.

I just talked to Mike, super nice guy. He suggested getting the front up a little because it is causing a bad CV joint angle, hence the vibration. The rear is fine we are thinking but the front is too low. The truck should be level he said, the front on mine is about 1/2 lower than the rear. So I am going to have them adjust the torsion bars up front and double check the pinion angle in the rear. Going to get that done on Thursday, getting my new bumpstops put in at that point too, hopefully this will be the fix all :-)

I am keeping my fingers crossed, if this all works I will be happy as a clam.

Hey guys I am glad that you had the chance to speak to Mike. However the problem is stil here at the rear....

The bottoming out issue. Did mike mention anything that could resolve this problem? Am I the only one who is having this issue? My bump stops are cut right down and yet it still hits. I am right where I should be with respect to wheel fender height and rocker height but I carry nothing in the bed and I still hit.

Is "C" notching the next step? we are not even in the realm of having to C notch the frame.

Just venting to you guys and hoping to see what you ideas are

:seeya:

ssblackss

I guess before I do I must just check that I am on the highest setting on the shackle :rolleyes:

It would be no good getting mad if its my fault

Please dont think that I am not pleased I love it just want this issue with the tail end to be sorted thats all

ssblackss

Archived